Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's possible the extra warmth you feel may be an increase in body temperature due to eating more- dietng/eating under maintenance tends to lower your body temp whereas overeating raises it. Carbs are thermogenic as well and tend to make you warm, so eating lots of those could do it. Aren't you dieting now though???

Looking for a new program!? What about Starting Strength??? That's an awesome program- I'd suggest a strength based program for you at this point for sure!!! What happened to New Rules??

Cute about your man wanting to get puppy a blanket!!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Please let me know about the electric blanket for the puppy. Muffin would love that..
    I have always been hot/cold. I have Raynauds anytime i get cold my fingers and toes turn white and then with the menopause i get the hot flashes so i am all over the map..lol

For now i am just doing and upper/lower workout i found on About.com Exercise. I am just trying to get back in the swing of things now. I will look for something more after the first of the year.

I love the puppy pic. Muffin talks to me in the morning too
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your dog is too cute.

Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    These were okay. I was trying to simulate the glute/ham machine. Something like this:

[img]http://www.rogersathletic.com/content/product_photos/378-103201194938-glute_ham_-_1.jp/img]

I could finally feel it in my glutes by the last 2-3 reps. I am going to try these off of the back of the couch next time, since it's higher and it might give me more range of motion.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good lower back exercise?

~~~~~

I.
    What about trying them lifting one leg at a time and kneeling on the other leg? No hip rotation, just straight up/back. You could add ankle weights if you have them. I think there is a yoga move that is similar - you might know it already. Supermans are good too - you would have to do them for time though.

Also, did you say you have bands(??), you can use them for (kinda) good mornings. I put them over my shoulders and under my feet and stand up against it. I'll try to find a picture.

And new program!!?? How exciting!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    It's possible the extra warmth you feel may be an increase in body temperature due to eating more- dietng/eating under maintenance tends to lower your body temp whereas overeating raises it. Carbs are thermogenic as well and tend to make you warm, so eating lots of those could do it. Aren't you dieting now though???

Looking for a new program!? What about Starting Strength??? That's an awesome program- I'd suggest a strength based program for you at this point for sure!!! What happened to New Rules??

Cute about your man wanting to get puppy a blanket!!
    Hm, I just checked my macros over the past week, and carbs have stayed at 40% or less - actually that is way less than normal for me. But I will keep that mind!

The NROLFW has been great. I got through all of it but the last phase. I am itching to lift! I will check out Starting Strength. Thanks!

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Please let me know about the electric blanket for the puppy. Muffin would love that..
    I have always been hot/cold. I have Raynauds anytime i get cold my fingers and toes turn white and then with the menopause i get the hot flashes so i am all over the map..lol

For now i am just doing and upper/lower workout i found on About.com Exercise. I am just trying to get back in the swing of things now. I will look for something more after the first of the year.

I love the puppy pic. Muffin talks to me in the morning too
    I will let you know about the blanket. Honey found puppy-specific ones. Guess you can find anything on the web, huh?

Aw! Don't they always know how to talk to us?

Quick Body Media update:

Check out my sleep cycle from last night. Those plateaus are new. Also, previously I was burning 1.1 - 1.2 cals/minute. Now the plateaus are consistently 1.3. I realize it's not much, but 1.) I will take any extra 10th calorie burned any time, and 2.) what a crazy sleep pattern!

I wonder if that's my REM cycle. I wasn't restless once during last night's sleep. It was the first time since getting the Body Media. It was also the first night since getting the Body Media that I hadn't had wine before going to sleep. Hmmmm.
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can I ask you how you upload those graphs like that?? I could never figure it out!!!! I used to do the "prt screen button- cnt + V onto paintbrush- saveas- upload on tinypic" thing, but it always comes out small and stupid looking...lol!

REM cycles are when you're mind is the most active- but your body stays still because you can really hurt yourself from moving during those cycles because they're so intense...You're body's response is to make it not move! Or that's how I understood it when I read it..Could be the sleep cycles between REM stages!!!

My sleep charts do that too!! I think the slight increase is the bodymedia getting used to/familiar with your body...Mine did the same thing- the more I wore it- the more it sort of changed, then remained consistent. Could be the wine, though! Interesting, hey??? You'll also notice that the whole week before TOM- you burn slightly more per minute at rest and during activity. My calorie averages are always around 100-150 more that week!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Check out my sleep cycle from last night. Those plateaus are new. Also, previously I was burning 1.1 - 1.2 cals/minute. Now the plateaus are consistently 1.3. I realize it's not much, but 1.) I will take any extra 10th calorie burned any time, and 2.) what a crazy sleep pattern!

I wonder if that's my REM cycle. I wasn't restless once during last night's sleep. It was the first time since getting the Body Media. It was also the first night since getting the Body Media that I hadn't had wine before going to sleep. Hmmmm.
    That is really interesting. I am usually much more restless when I've had even just a glass of wine at night before bed - I don't know if it's that my mouth gets dry and wakes me up, I always seem to feel a lot hotter during the night, who knows. You're right though - I'd take every little bit extra of burn that I could!
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    Your dog is too cute.

What about trying them lifting one leg at a time and kneeling on the other leg? No hip rotation, just straight up/back. You could add ankle weights if you have them. I think there is a yoga move that is similar - you might know it already. Supermans are good too - you would have to do them for time though.

Also, did you say you have bands(??), you can use them for (kinda) good mornings. I put them over my shoulders and under my feet and stand up against it. I'll try to find a picture.

And new program!!?? How exciting!
    Those are great suggestions, thanks! I will check them out.

Can I ask you how you upload those graphs like that?? I could never figure it out!!!! I used to do the "prt screen button- cnt + V onto paintbrush- saveas- upload on tinypic" thing, but it always comes out small and stupid looking...lol!
    I do the following:
    1. Printscreen
    2. Paste in PowerPoint
    3. Crop & center
    4. Save as type: .jpg
    5. Open the .jpg file in Microsoft Office picture editor
    6. Resize
    7. Then load it into your normal photo-hosting site.

REM cycles are when you're mind is the most active- but your body stays still because you can really hurt yourself from moving during those cycles because they're so intense...You're body's response is to make it not move! Or that's how I understood it when I read it..Could be the sleep cycles between REM stages!!!
    That's what I though about the REM cycles. I was wondering if I was having some hot dreams.

My sleep charts do that too!! I think the slight increase is the bodymedia getting used to/familiar with your body...Mine did the same thing- the more I wore it- the more it sort of changed, then remained consistent. Could be the wine, though! Interesting, hey??? You'll also notice that the whole week before TOM- you burn slightly more per minute at rest and during activity. My calorie averages are always around 100-150 more that week!
    I didn't think about the Body Media "learning" my body. Cool. And guess what. TOM just visited today! So you're right about the increased calories prior. Who knew that there was actually something positive that comes with TOM visiting?

Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    That is really interesting. I am usually much more restless when I've had even just a glass of wine at night before bed - I don't know if it's that my mouth gets dry and wakes me up, I always seem to feel a lot hotter during the night, who knows. You're right though - I'd take every little bit extra of burn that I could!
    Me, too! Every time I have even one glass, I wake up between 2-3am no matter how late I go to bed. I am also dehydrated when I wake up. But I obviously sleep like a baby without it.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All your talking about puppies and blankets made me think of this picture of my fat heads. Diesel constantly sits on Athena so really he has a contiuous heating blanket

"That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^^LOVE that picture! Too cute!

Red, I will not let Genie read your journal and find out about a heated puppy blanket! She will absolutely demand one

I'm just imagining you using your furniture in the most delightful ways
    Julia

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Red~

Cool, creative exercises - I love reading what other gals are doing to mix things up but, I must say, you take the cake most weeks

Heated puppy blankets - my goodness, what spoiled pooches!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Fizz! Sorry I've been MIA but I should be back now

I bet your happy that you can do squats and leg press with no pain! Recovering from injury is never fun but taking your time and making sure you don't push it too much is the right thing to do

Glad you have a great Thanksgiving! Puppers looks like she enjoyed it as well I am with Ham would scratch that belly.

I hear ya about the scale woes, that thing is evil and agree that you should totally do this
    it's my favorite scene from that movie and man have I wanted to do that to so many things

I think you could easily move to a program like SS or maybe check out All Pros, I know MM is currently doing it and I may do it when I recover from popping the little one out.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    All your talking about puppies and blankets made me think of this picture of my fat heads. Diesel constantly sits on Athena so really he has a contiuous heating blanket

That's hilarious! They are beautiful dogs! What type are they? (I am not well versed with breeds.)

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    ^^^^^LOVE that picture! Too cute!

Red, I will not let Genie read your journal and find out about a heated puppy blanket! She will absolutely demand one

I'm just imagining you using your furniture in the most delightful ways
    I thought of you warming up Genie's towel/blanket when honey told me he wanted to get pup this. I just laughed and said, "Okay." She's been our woobie through tough times. Guess it's time she gets her own woobie.

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Red~

Cool, creative exercises - I love reading what other gals are doing to mix things up but, I must say, you take the cake most weeks

Heated puppy blankets - my goodness, what spoiled pooches!

CC
    I tried a new one today, but it didn't go so well.

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Hey Fizz! Sorry I've been MIA but I should be back now

I bet your happy that you can do squats and leg press with no pain! Recovering from injury is never fun but taking your time and making sure you don't push it too much is the right thing to do

Glad you have a great Thanksgiving! Puppers looks like she enjoyed it as well. I am with Ham would scratch that belly.

I hear ya about the scale woes, that thing is evil and agree that you should totally do this
    it's my favorite scene from that movie and man have I wanted to do that to so many things

I think you could easily move to a program like SS or maybe check out All Pros, I know MM is currently doing it and I may do it when I recover from popping the little one out.
    Glad you're back! And you're right. There are SO many things that qualify to receive the Office Space treatment.

Puppers would love to have all of the da belly rubs.

Which one are you thinking about doing? SS or All Pros? (I like how you refer to him popping out rather than giving birth. You speak the same baby language as I do!)

Upper Body

OHPs
    32 x 8
    32 x 8
    32 x 8

Push ups
    knees x 8
    BW x 4
    BW x 3
    BW x 3

Rows
    26 x 8
    26 x 8
    26 x 8

Underhand grip lat pull-down
    80 x 8
    80 x 8
    80 x 8

Dips from bench with knees at 45* angle, feet flat
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

db chest press
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

Neutral pull ups
    BW x 8 secs
    BW x 8 secs
    BW x 8 secs

~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of huge successes:
    1. I actually jogged around a little with no pain! I was running pup up and down a short sandy beach, so the ground was perfect, and there was no ankle pain whatsoever.
    2. My knee no longer crunches or is painful when I walk downstairs. I am curious if this is a long-term thing. The knee was one of the main reasons for lifting. I thought that if lifting builds bones, then could lifting rebuild my knees? Who knows? At least the muscles around it are getting stronger. Yeah!
    3. Breaking the ankle meant that honey had to take the puppers for her daily walks, which let to him getting used to them. Now we both have our 30-minute walk with pup together. No electronics, just peaceful quiet. It's really helped our relationship. So I am going to claim that the broken ankle inadvertently brought us closer. Come on. Ima girl. I think like this.
    Last edited by Redfizz; 11-29-2012 at 02:18 PM.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh that's awesome the knees AND ankle feel better! Nice work as usual. It'd be cool to see what you could do on something like SS.

IN for heated pet blanket.

Thank you for the tip on copying that stuff into jpgs, I did screenshots from my phone but I can't resize them down :/ will try your method.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad to hear things are feeling better.

The brindle girl is an English Mastiff (around 150pds) and the white guy is an American Bulldog (about 85pds).
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Boot Goddess

Just making a quick stop in the journals tonight! Awesome workouts and pup pics!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A couple of huge successes:
    1. I actually jogged around a little with no pain! I was running pup up and down a short sandy beach, so the ground was perfect, and there was no ankle pain whatsoever.
    2. My knee no longer crunches or is painful when I walk downstairs. I am curious if this is a long-term thing. The knee was one of the main reasons for lifting. I thought that if lifting builds bones, then could lifting rebuild my knees? Who knows? At least the muscles around it are getting stronger. Yeah!
    3. Breaking the ankle meant that honey had to take the puppers for her daily walks, which let to him getting used to them. Now we both have our 30-minute walk with pup together. No electronics, just peaceful quiet. It's really helped our relationship. So I am going to claim that the broken ankle inadvertently brought us closer. Come on. Ima girl. I think like this.
    This made me so happy

So glad for you on the first two - but the last one is most important. Ima girl and think that way too Reflection on bad stuff often leads you to seeing the positive benefits that came out of it (I've been doing this a lot over the last two months myself) - inadvertent or part of the master plan, it's all good in the end

Thanks so much for that explination! I never would have thought to paste it in powerpoint!

That's so sweet how the doggie walking brought you too closer together Makes me happy

Yay for no knee pain! I get knee pain a lot when I run. It's still bothering me from 2 weeks ago and I haven't been running so much since they started hurting, but they still hurt me when I walk Knee pain is awful!

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am so happy to hear you jogged a bit with no pain.. I hope i can do the same in the morning. Wish me and my hamstring luc

I had to stop by after visiting MM journal where you spoke of our love of bad SyFy movies....i had to one up you with Piranhaconda..lol
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Oh that's awesome the knees AND ankle feel better! Nice work as usual. It'd be cool to see what you could do on something like SS.

IN for heated pet blanket.

Thank you for the tip on copying that stuff into jpgs, I did screenshots from my phone but I can't resize them down will try your method.
    While checking out at Petco today, the lady asked me, "Would you like to buy a $.99 tennis ball for animals at a shelter?" Suddenly your Black Friday shopping spree came to mind, and I said, "Yes please!"

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Glad to hear things are feeling better.

The brindle girl is an English Mastiff (around 150pds) and the white guy is an American Bulldog (about 85pds).
    Hey! I was thinking mastiff and some sort of bulldog. They look so sweet. I heard that mastiffs are great indoor dogs.

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Hi Boot Goddess

Just making a quick stop in the journals tonight! Awesome workouts and pup pics!
    Hiya Swoosh!!!

I have a good pic for you tonight.

Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    This made me so happy

So glad for you on the first two - but the last one is most important. Ima girl and think that way too Reflection on bad stuff often leads you to seeing the positive benefits that came out of it (I've been doing this a lot over the last two months myself) - inadvertent or part of the master plan, it's all good in the end
    Totally believe in a master plan, too. I hope your reflection is bringing about some good stuff for you, too!

Thanks so much for that explination! I never would have thought to paste it in powerpoint!

That's so sweet how the doggie walking brought you too closer together Makes me happy

Yay for no knee pain! I get knee pain a lot when I run. It's still bothering me from 2 weeks ago and I haven't been running so much since they started hurting, but they still hurt me when I walk Knee pain is awful!
    Glad it helps. I cannot wait to see some of your graphs.

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I am so happy to hear you jogged a bit with no pain.. I hope i can do the same in the morning. Wish me and my hamstring luc

I had to stop by after visiting MM journal where you spoke of our love of bad SyFy movies....i had to one up you with Piranhaconda..lol
    Good luck! You can do this!

Piranhaconda!!! Bahahahahaha! A friend and I were watching Dinoshark together via ********, and it turns out that we're pretty heartless. I was hoping that the whiny, bratty kid would be eaten, and she was hoping that it would take a 40' yacht minimum. We loved how as soon as the lead female saw a picture on the Internet of what she was dealing with, she screamed, stood up, ripped her shirt off, and then ran off crying. Hahahahaha! Classic B movie.

Legs!!!

Lunges - one leg on chair (each leg)
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

Squats
    32 x 8
    32 x 8
    32 x 8

DLs
    52 x 8
    52 x 8
    52 x 8

Leg Press (each leg)
    55 x 8
    55 x 8
    55 x 8
    About ready to increase weight

Band-around-ankles side step with calf raises
    Changed from yellow band (easy) to gray (much more difficult)

swiss ball ham curl
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tales from the Pup...

Today we let Pup run free in a field:

That's my pup!
    Last edited by Redfizz; 11-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^Looks like your pup is chasing bacon, pups love bacon.
    While checking out at Petco today, the lady asked me, "Would you like to buy a $.99 tennis ball for animals at a shelter?" Suddenly your Black Friday shopping spree came to mind, and I said, "Yes please!"
    Aww that's awesome, there's a very happy dog somewhere. Tennis balls to them are like barbells to hams srs.

Piranhaconda!!! Bahahahahaha! A friend and I were watching Dinoshark together via ********, and it turns out that we're pretty heartless. I was hoping that the whiny, bratty kid would be eaten, and she was hoping that it would take a 40' yacht minimum. We loved how as soon as the lead female saw a picture on the Internet of what she was dealing with, she screamed, stood up, ripped her shirt off, and then ran off crying. Hahahahaha! Classic B movie.
    Bahhahaha would so get along with you IRL!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OMG! That pic is tooo cute! Action shot.
    Julia

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    ^^^Looks like your pup is chasing bacon, pups love bacon.

Aww that's awesome, there's a very happy dog somewhere. Tennis balls to them are like barbells to hams srs.
    She loves bacon. And yeah! Glad I could bring some hammy joy to a pup waiting to be adopted.

Bahhahaha would so get along with you IRL!

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    OMG! That pic is tooo cute! Action shot.
    She accepts hugs, bacon and electric blankets.

Rest day.

Took my latest set of progress pics. "Progress" may be a stretch...However, considering that I look just a tad bigger today at 175 vs me at 155 in July? Ya, I think I am doing pretty darn well. Especially considering what has happened to Derek Jeter while wearing da boot. I win!

Will post pics after I get back from losing my Costco virginity!

Oh! Awesome shot of your puppers!!!! He looks so happy!

Nice workout!!!

Cost-co pics! I miss cost-co! I can't find one around here lol! That place is amazing!!!

Oh my lawd...This place is awesome.

Oh my lawd...This place is awesome.
    You mean Cost-co?? Isn't it fantastic!?

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Especially considering what has happened to Derek Jeter while wearing da boot. I win!
    Literal LOL.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Costco was a success. Pics later on that for Lori!

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Literal LOL.

Da boot has taken down another.

Anyhoo, and now for the quasi-progress pics. Beware! It's not pretty.

Left = April @ 145lbs
    Center = July @ 155lbs
    Right = Today (December 2) @ 175lbs

Still an improvement from 145lbs. I told honey, "Hey! My bewbs are higher! Oh wait. Maybe it's because my arms are up in the last pic." He said, "Um, no. They are up there the whole time now." Wooooo!

It looks like my under arms are a tad smaller (I hope). My hips are definitely bigger, which is no surprise considering I couldn't really walk for a month and a half. That's where the fat usually goes anyway. Booooo.

Yup. Tummy bigger. But my butt is higher!

Even though my tummy is bigger, I am happy about a couple things: 1.) My quads are slowly starting to show above the knees; 2.) my shoulder is a tad more defined; and 3.) the side of my bewbs/pecs are more defined and my bewbs are lifting. I was actually considering a bewb lift in a year or so, and both my honey and I agree that if things keep going the way they are, the surgery won't be necessary.

Of course I am not happy with the way my body looks; in fact, I am pretty darn sad about it. But darn it! I am slowly getting more toned and MUCH more strong. (Trying to think positive while the world washes out their eyes now.)

Okay, each time I come back and look at this, I get more and more sad.
    Last edited by Redfizz; 12-02-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Upper Body

OHPs
    32 x 8
    32 x 8
    32 x 8

Push ups
    knees x 8
    BW x 3
    BW x 4
    BW x 3

Rows
    26 x 8
    26 x 8
    26 x 8
    Could try to go up a bit on this.

Underhand grip lat pull-down
    50 x 8
    80 x 8
    80 x 8
    80 x 8

Dips from bench with legs straight out and ankles on floor
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    Updated from legs bent at 45* with feet flat on the floor. This was more difficult, of course.

db chest press
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

Neutral pull ups
    BW x 3 secs
    BW x 6 secs
    BW x 3 secs

Strange issue. My neutral pull ups (pull) were horrible this morning and yet my OHPs (push) were great. It's completely opposite of what happened last week. Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~

I cannot not work out in the mornings before work anymore. It gets my blood flowing. My honey actually got up early and worked out this morning, too! He is definitely not a morning person, but he IM'ed me today and said that he really feels good today thanks to working out.

I'm still pretty disappointed about the update pics (above). I know what happened: When I didn't work out, I was sitting on my butt with my leg propped up. I was bored, so I ate more than usual putting me at a caloric surplus rather than a deficit. So my caloric intake was adjusted during the month and a half of wearing da boot; unfortunately I just adjusted it the wrong way.

The Body Media is really helping me (I hope). When I ran my weekly average last week, my caloric deficit was only ~200 calories. So I have since adjusted my diet and it's now at at a ~500 deficit. I am also trying to stay more active throughout the day. It seems to be working at least per the numbers. Hopefully I will start losing soon.

Oh my Red - please do not be sad and discouraged!!!

You are on a journey my friend. The journey was never destined to be short nor was it destined to not have any bumps in the road. I can totally understand and commiserate on sitting around on your butt, bored and eating way more than you are expending - I did it too and it's hard to turn it around to get back to where you were.

You are still on the path though - that speaks volumes about the woman you are and the great things that you will make happen moving forward. You get stronger with each workout, you are learning so much about your body and adjusting the course as necessary - you are doing it! It's all progress!! And shiz - you already look like you got that bewb lift - look at the difference between the middle and right pictures in your last set!!!

Keep getting up every morning and getting that blood flowing. You are making it happen for yourself, you're doing what no one else can do for you!

(((((HUG))))

^^MM is right! Remember what I said in my journal not too long ago?? Keep working and you'll keep getting stronger/building more muscle. You just had a little set-back- they happen to everyone! The muscle you have built will be there for as long as you keep working it, and it'll just make you look even more badass when you get your weight down to where you want it There are many positive changes in those pictures! Just keep plugging away and keep the diet tight and you'll get there! You're way too determined not to