Closed Thread
    insomniameal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chronic insomniac looking for advice in a workout program

Hi due to couple of mistakes I have made in my workout program, I have caused myself to develop insomnia (I had tried to do starting strength on my own but ended up over-training and pushed myself to workout even after developing a mild insomnia). Now my insomnia is kinda bad and I sleep on an average of 4 hours a night. I guess I am willing to switch my workouts to more of an aerobic orientated routine but I would still like to maintain working out three days a week. I just need a better workout that can help lessen my symptoms of insomnia, and not overwork my CNS, but also be able to make me feel good afterwards with endorphin like I had when starting the strength program. I am open to any routine that will be good for 3 days a week 2 hours each day. I also do not feel good after continue doing 5x5 strength training.

I am also a gym rat so doing a gym based routine might be best.

Please refrain from comments that demeanor me or tell me I'm not strong enough. I obviously have gotten to the point where I cannot think straight that much anymore. I just want to follow a program that will make me sleep healthy again and be fully functioning like I used to be.

I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you sure the insomnia is due to training and not other factors? If you are doing SS as written, you should absolutely NOT be over-training. If anything, a common complain with SS is that it does not incorporate enough volume.

Can you please post your exact training log for this week? Also, how much are you eating (how many calories)? Have you been to your Dr. to check for any medical cause of your insomnia?

Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you did starting strength its practically impossible to overtrain.that said I had insomnia too but it goes awAy after a couple months. I suspect you did the program wrong. do you have the book?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    See a doctor and deal with your sleep issue.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733