steigerad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodybuilding Burnout

I have my first bodybuilding contest this Saturday. I have been dieting ever since the beginning of January, about 12-13 weeks. And I am extremely burnt out. Burnt out on lifting, cardio, and most importantly dieting.
    I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I can't wait to eat food with my family, girlfriend, and enjoy the food I haven't eaten in months. I had a planned cheat meal once a week but honestly cheated twice a week.
    After my contest I plan to lower the number of workouts to just four lifting days an two cardio days. I plan to watch my portions in foods I do enjoy and have planned meals for the other. Comes out to anywhere from 2200 calories - 2500 calories. Looking to maintain for the time being.

Shorthand:
    -Burnt out on training and diet
    -How to combat this if I choose to compete again?
    -Any other constructive advice

jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am not competitive by any means, but i have been cutting for a while now and recently it seems extremely difficult to keep it up so i posted about it too and got some decent responses, maybe it'll help you
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post865113701

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by steigerad View Post
    I have my first bodybuilding contest this Saturday. I have been dieting ever since the beginning of January, about 12-13 weeks. And I am extremely burnt out. Burnt out on lifting, cardio, and most importantly dieting.
    I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I can't wait to eat food with my family, girlfriend, and enjoy the food I haven't eaten in months. I had a planned cheat meal once a week but honestly cheated twice a week.
    After my contest I plan to lower the number of workouts to just four lifting days an two cardio days. I plan to watch my portions in foods I do enjoy and have planned meals for the other. Comes out to anywhere from 2200 calories - 2500 calories. Looking to maintain for the time being.
    pls go
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by steigerad View Post
    Shorthand:
    -Burnt out on training and diet
    -How to combat this if I choose to compete again?
    -Any other constructive advice
    Weekly refeeds (including indulgences), not eliminating any foods you enjoy, reducing workout volume as calories drop.

steigerad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your reply jtuck.
    Everything in there is what I plan on doing next week. Right now in lifting just 5-6 days a week, two 45 minute cardio sessions a day 7 days a week. But that will be cut down by next week. I tried searching for related topics but with little luck. So thank you for your post.

Thanks for the help Mike. I'll make sure to keep that in mind next time I attempt a diet. I think I was working out too much and torturing myself with food I couldn't have.