Thread: Bulking help

Johnnyboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnnyboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking help

I use to weigh 160 and it took forever to get to that weight. I was regularly 150 but gained the 10 pounds in a bad way. I was snacking a lot, good and bad and that's how I gain the 10 pounds. It wasn't on purpose though but I got back into working out. I stopped for a year and lost 10 pounds last year due to all the running from playing baseball. So I went back down to 150 and I then got sick about 3-4 weeks ago. I lost 10 pounds from the cold I had and now I only weigh 140. I'm trying to gain my weight back but I'm having trouble, I feel like I'm eating what I was when I was at 150 but abvously not because I'm not gaining weight at all. I wake up to 140 and go to bed weighing at 145. I hate feeling skinny and I need help bulking up. I have a high metabolism which doesn't help much either.

I know there are probably a lot of questions about help on bulking but I would like a routine for myself. I would also like to learn about how to count calories, etc so I can get an idea of how to count calories for certain foods I eat.

so I'm about 5' 11", weight now is 140lbs.

What I've been eating everyday lately.

1 sesame bagel with cream cheese in the morning with a bottle of water or homemade fruit smoothie which consist of half peaches or other fruit combines with an half a cup of other fruit like strawberries or other, fruit juice such as mango or strawberry banana, etc mixed in.

afternoon is pretty much what ever I can find or if there are left overs from supper the other night. Sometimes it could be from a grilled cheese sandwich to peanut butter sandwich.

supper: Home cooked meals such as steak and potatoes or porkchops, chicken, rice, veggies. One of those meat with side dish type home cooked meals.

I rarely eat takeout, if I do I'd say it's once every 1-4 months. My wife wanted to change the way we ate and took out takeout food out of our eating habits, and only have takeout if there's a special occasion or something.

So if someone can help me out as much as possible this would be really great.

Thank you for your time.
    Visit my website kingfisherwebdev.com and hire me to build you a website.

Johnnyboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnnyboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no one here can reply?

kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat 1/2 jar of peanut butter per day
    KEN LECLAIR

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    there's not much to bulking really

calculate your BMR/TDEE and eat 300-500 cals above maintenance. aim to gain about 1lb or so per month to keep fat gains to a minimum. try to get at least 1g per lb of bodyweight in protein daily

train hard
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    www.myfitnesspal.com

Sign up there and track your intake and weight. If your weight is moving in the right direction then adjust calories as necessary. It's really as simple as that.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

I don't really understand the whole calculating calories, etc. I used the calculator to come up with a total of my BMR and TDEE but now I don't know how to calculate the calories in the food I eat. How would I go about doing this so I can come up with a meal plan for myself?

My BRM is 1,663.10
    My TDEE is 2577

Thanks for the help.

Broadwaybleu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Plain and simple you are losing weight continuously because your body is burning more calories than you are taking in. I'm 5'11 also but I am 180lbs. From what you said above, you're only eating 3 meals and those meals aren't high in calories at all. A grilled cheese is more of a snack than lunch. If you really want to bulk up you should eat about 5-6 meals a day plus a protein shake or something after your workout.
    When I say meal i mean like 6oz of chicken, a cup of rice, and some broccoli. It will be boring but you will start to gain and if you're working out hard you will gain in muscle.

waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) waynelo4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Broadwaybleu View Post
    Plain and simple you are losing weight continuously because your body is burning more calories than you are taking in. I'm 5'11 also but I am 180lbs. From what you said above, you're only eating 3 meals and those meals aren't high in calories at all. A grilled cheese is more of a snack than lunch. If you really want to bulk up you should eat about 5-6 meals a day plus a protein shake or something after your workout.
    When I say meal i mean like 6oz of chicken, a cup of rice, and some broccoli. It will be boring but you will start to gain and if you're working out hard you will gain in muscle.
    This thread is almost 2 years old. He's probably already figured out what he needs to do