JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Biceps soreness?

I work my biceps about twice a Week. When I do work them out I hit em hard and always can barely pick my arms up after but I go at em til I can't pick up a thing. My Workout for biceps one Day is
    DB Curl 3x12 DB Hammer Curl 3x12
    Curl Bar 3x12 Cable Curl 3x12.
    But the next Day I really don't feel anything in directly my bicep... It will be sorta tight but not sore like my chest will feel after a hard Workout.
    Could this mean I'm doin somethin wrong or what?

antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50) antdez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try swapping out the excercises. Try swapping out the rep/weight ranges.
    Do you do 2 dedicated Bicep workouts in a week or are you saying you hit them directly/indirectly? Like arm day and back day or something.
    Although keep in mind just because it is not sore doesnt mean its not growing. Keep a log of the measurements and if its still growing then you are good. If not switch it up.

JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by antdez View Post
    Try swapping out the excercises. Try swapping out the rep/weight ranges.
    Do you do 2 dedicated Bicep workouts in a week or are you saying you hit them directly/indirectly? Like arm day and back day or something.
    Although keep in mind just because it is not sore doesnt mean its not growing. Keep a log of the measurements and if its still growing then you are good. If not switch it up.

I do 2 dedicated bicep workouts in a Week. It'll usually be Tues and Thursday or Friday. I'll try that and I'll be switching up my routine next Week since I've been on this one for about 2 Months now. Thanks

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats an awful lot of direct bicep work in a week.

As far as soreness, the only soreness I ever attained from bicep work is with exercises where I got a full stretch at the bottom of the movement and didnt use and momentum to keep the weight moving.
    BRB, going hunting...

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by psychowolverine View Post

As far as soreness, the only soreness I ever attained from bicep work is with exercises where I got a full stretch at the bottom of the movement and didnt use and momentum to keep the weight moving.
    ^ This.

Try more stretching exercises (spider curls or incline curls) and some higher rep burn out stuff. If I've sought it out, I've never failed to induce soreness. But soreness isn't a requirement.

+ lawlz at 24 work sets for biceps isolation exercises alone.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Registered User RelentlessFocus's Avatar
    RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unless you're taking steroids, i wouldnt reccomend training any muscle more then once a week. Your biceps are going to get a workout on your back day too.

Try this;

Train them once a week, (*after your back day)

do 3 or 4 sets of 8-10 reps instead of 12 try trainng with a barbell instead of dumbbells preferable on a preacher bench for your first exercise.

on your last rep you shouldnt be able to lift it one more time (if you can then you dont have enough weight), then do a negative (lower the weight down on your last rep as slowly as you can) Then immediately after go and pick up half the weight and do as many reps as you can.

If your biceps arent sore after that, you arent human... check yourself into area 51
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
    of our training"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RelentlessFocus View Post
    Unless you're taking steroids, i wouldnt reccomend training any muscle more then once a week. Your biceps are going to get a workout on your back day too.

Well this is a far cry from what people usually say. Most of the time it is people saying if you're training once a week, you generally need to be on gear to handle the volume needed to induce growth. lol

+ I never realized how many people were on gear. Full body routines, Upper/lower splits, push pulls.... dayum.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    I used to be on the once a week bandwagon. I also used to think training with slight DOMS was a bad idea.

Then I tossed all of that out the window.

I train through minor soreness now, by doing higher rep lower weight sets. I train full compound lifts three times a week, if not more. And I've seen the most gains in both strength and mass over this period than I have in any other time in my life. And I have been lifting for 14 years.

Once a week is lulzy to me now.

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I train each muscle once a month because I don't even take creatine. I don't want to overdo it.
    Master of karate, and friendship, for everyone crew.

vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keep in mind, just because you aren't experiencing DOMS doesn't mean your not getting an effective workout. I had that mentality a year or 2 ago that I was doing something wrong when I wasn't sore the following day and led to over-training thinking I wasn't doing enough work.
    “Man – He sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
    -Dalai-

RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

Well this is a far cry from what people usually say. Most of the time it is people saying if you're training once a week, you generally need to be on gear to handle the volume needed to induce growth. lol

+ I never realized how many people were on gear. Full body routines, Upper/lower splits, push pulls.... dayum.

To each their own, I go to the gym 5 days a week but i dont hit the same major muscle group more than once a week, i need a week to fully recover after my workouts and ive found that any more then that puts me into an overtraining sitution and gains level off. I dont train through soreness, let your muscles fully rebuild and then rip them again is what i would reccomend but what do i know, i only preacher curl 8 reps 4 sets of 140lbs.

It took me a long time to learn that... but i wouldnt dream of doing it any other way now
    of our training"

-
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i only preacher curl 8 reps 4 sets of 140lbs.
    Lulz.

Good luck in all your curling competitions?
    -

my biceps are only a means to an end, having a stronger back...

My bicep day always follows my back day

You can digest that information any way you choose
    of our training"

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    To each their own, I go to the gym 5 days a week but i dont hit the same major muscle group more than once a week, i need a week to fully recover after my workouts and ive found that any more then that puts me into an overtraining sitution and gains level off. I dont train through soreness, let your muscles fully rebuild and then rip them again is what i would reccomend but what do i know, i only preacher curl 8 reps 4 sets of 140lbs.

It took me a long time to learn that... but i wouldnt dream of doing it any other way now

Exactly

its not a pissing contest, just stating what i do

if someone is giving advice its helpful to know where said advice has taken them, everyone has an opinion - no need to act like a baby
    of our training"

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    its not a pissing contest, just stating what i do

if someone is giving advice its helpful to know where said advice has taken them, everyone has an opinion - no need to act like a baby

Pretty sure you're the only one throwing out numbers on weight like it IS a pissing contest broheim.

HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000)

^Listen to the guy with the guns! (Seriously, you should require a permit for those phukkers!) [No homo]

I just would like to see the ROM on said preacher curls. Depending on the length will determine how impressive it really is.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

full ROM

but anyways like i said "to each their own", its just advice and its worked well for me.
    of our training"

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Dang dude, your a monster...
    www.grazethesky.com