Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Mass Effect 3 ending.... WTF was that? *SPOILERS*

Anyone else think that was one of the crappiest endings to a videogame ever? Basically after making all the decisions from the other 2 games they meant nothing because regardless of those decisions you get 3 of the same endings just with different color explosions. And on top of that it didn't really save anyone in the galaxy because now they are phucked because they dont have the mass relays and they are all stuck where they are at.

Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My reaction throughout the majority of the game:

My reaction at the last 5-10 minutes:

Other than that...one thing I thought was odd was that I couldn't get my galactic readiness level above 50% and effective military strength above 3000-ish.

Then, after doing some looking around online...it appears the only way to get above those is that you HAVE to play multiplayer? Really??

1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000) 1ntegra is just really nice. (+1000)
    The ending is a fuking joke. FUK you Bioware

Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Absolutely terrible... mass effect 3 was a 10/10 until the final 10 minutes of the game. The 3 endings presented were all utter garbage. It was like asking what color diarrhea you wanted . All those tough decisions you made throughout the game rendered pointless.

I've been checking out a lot of the ME3 forums and there is a HUGE uproar from fans, so perhaps Bioware will release a free DLC ending ( one can hope)

Edit: Just found this article that pretty much sums up how we are all feeling

http://www.ign.com/blogs/goldenadama...m-the-trilogy/
    Last edited by Yeahbudday; 03-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    The collective wisdom of the misc is astounding. yes, we mostly tend to entertain ourselves with silly immature things such as memes, ******** threads, POF+JTV raiding, broscience and prime minister threads, but underneath the surface of seemingly petty and base jaunts we, the misc, are a powerful group of like-minded individuals who have the combined knowledge of millions upon millions of books. We are ivy league students, businessmen, trolls, bodybuilders and athletes.

Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrp91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah up until the last 10 minutes this was my favorite game/series of all time. After the game was over i was seriously put in such a bad mood. And yeah the military readiness thing is gay since you gotta play multiplayer to get the "perfect" ending which is just as lame as the other ones. They could have at least given some closure at the end and shown like garrus and tali and the rest of your squad at like a shepard memorial or something. Basically ANYTHING would have been better than those endings. And i was looking at those me3 forums before i posted this thread and you are right, everyone is sooooo pissed. I saw a poll on there that said 86% of people hated the ending. I hope free dlc to correct the mistake comes out soon

xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sheperd is now a legend, buy our DLC! TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

bioware, I am disappoint.

Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yeahbudday is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xAlliance View Post
    Sheperd is now a legend, buy our DLC! TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

bioware, I am disappoint.

The collective wisdom of the misc is astounding. yes, we mostly tend to entertain ourselves with silly immature things such as memes, ******** threads, POF+JTV raiding, broscience and prime minister threads, but underneath the surface of seemingly petty and base jaunts we, the misc, are a powerful group of like-minded individuals who have the combined knowledge of millions upon millions of books. We are ivy league students, businessmen, trolls, bodybuilders and athletes.

Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree with the first poster. These are some of my thoughts. Some are redundant with what the first poster said.

Why I Prefer to Alt F4 after killing the Illusive Man

Let me preface this by saying I realize this is just a game.
    I realize this post was probably a giant waste of my time. The thing is I love the
    art of storytelling. I read books for fun. Who does that anymore? I played Mass
    Effect for this reason. The storytelling. I did not play it for the oft times clumsy
    attempt at Gears of War style combat. This is why the ending is so egregious.

I completed the game with over 5000 mad skill war points (or
    something like that), so this will be from that perspective.

I. Events Occurring in ME3

II. Missed Opportunities

I. Events Occurring in ME3

This part will cover events that occur in Mass Effect 3 that
    either contradict the previous games or do not make sense given the ending.

We start with the Reapers attacking Earth. This sets the
    tone, desperation, mood and motivation for us as the player). This is good. We
    have much wailing and gnashing of teeth over having to leave Earth behind.
    Realistic from what you’d expect of soldiers. As a side note in the section,
    from a consistency standpoint, I think they showed the Reapers destroying at
    too fast of a pace for the rest of the game to make sense, but I think that was
    there for a sense of urgency. I don’t think anyone would care if you escaped
    from Earth and the Reapers had so far managed to destroy Bill Gates’ house.

Next we move to Mars. We find there was a whole other set of
    Prothean ruins there that went previously undiscovered. This has problems, but
    ones I am willing to forgive. I knew there would have to be some device, for
    lack of a better word, to kill the Reapers, given their number and power. I
    would have liked it to be introduced in a way that did not conflict with the
    universe though. We are talking about a universe that highly prizes Prothean
    ruins for the technology they can bring, but somehow it escaped their notice
    that there were more where they had already dug. I can accept this as an excuse
    for them wanting to show us Mars given its place in the games lore. All in all,
    this is not a huge issue. I was prepared coming in for a elaborate solution to
    the Reapers, so I soldiered on.

The next portion of the game is largely running around and
    assembling allies to bolster the all important Effective Military Strength
    statistic (More on this in missed opportunities). The stuff here largely makes
    sense, and is the main part of why I think this game could have been brilliant.
    Shepard is spending his time acquiring allies and working out problems, as he
    has been wont to do throughout the series. By now this is what we expect of
    Shepard. We blow up many enemies and then talk others into doing things like
    were the damn champion of the universe, because we are. For the purposes of
    this, I won’t go in to how boring the planet scanning still was. I’m sure
    everyone is capable of understanding why on their own.

Obviously, during this part of the game we met the new Cerberus.
    This is where we start getting some major problems. First off, Bioware seems to
    put a lot of effort in to making it look like Cerberus is not indoctrinated.
    The attack on their facility in order for the Reapers to protect themselves is
    the most obvious example. In the end the citadel-reaper-god-kid (CRGK) of
    course confirms that they were indoctrinated. This was not a hard conclusion
    for the player to come to, considering they had a bunch of Reaper tech stuck in
    them and Reaper tech all over their bases. Of course they are indoctrinated.

As such, why the hell are the Reapers bothering to attack
    that base at all? Bioware could have just filled it with a bunch of Cerberus
    troops and it would have been fine. As it is, we’re left to wonder why the
    Reapers were so worried if they already had Cerberus under control. This is
    never resolved, and the actions of the Illusive Man seem rather bizarre as a
    result. In addition, it turns out studying the Reapers was not even necessary in
    order to control them, since Shepard could do it as one of the ending choices.
    At least Cerberus keeps up its record of colossal failures. I was worried for a
    while after they managed to successfully resurrect Shepard.

As a side note on Cerberus, who is this Kai Leng guy? I feel
    like he was just shoved in our face as an antagonist. From a story telling
    perspective, I feel like Thanes death was used as a literary hammer to beat us
    into disliking Leng. Literary hammers tend to pull me out of the story (and I’m
    sure this is true for others), which isn’t what you want to do to the player.
    All in all, he felt kind of ham-fisted and ridiculous with his hilarious poses
    and flips. My understanding is he is from the books or something. That’s fine
    if you want to use a character from there, but they should be introduced to the
    games if you want to use them in such a fashion (that is, not a hammer).

Anyway, we keep cruising along. Make Turians and Krogans all
    friendly. Mordin makes some golden rain on Tuchanka and has one of the best
    deaths I’ve seen in a game. Many times I think writers are guilty of using
    death as the aforementioned literary hammer. Mordin’s was a completion of his
    character. It was the culmination of his redemption, and I honestly felt sad to
    watch him go, but happy that he was singing as he went out. Obviously, this
    doesn’t apply if you renegade shot him, but it’s still fine from a storytelling
    perspective.

We keep trucking, and start playing Tron with Legion. I’ll
    bring up a minor issue here, just because it really annoyed me. We kill the
    Reaper that is coordinating the Geth with an orbital bombardment from a huge
    amount of ships. Firstly, why did I have to aim my targeting laser so precisely
    if they were just going to bombard the crap out of the whole area? I didn’t
    really understand that. Secondly, how come that one took so much firepower, but
    you drop the one on Earth with two small missiles? Who knows?

Some of this is off topic so I people don’t think I’m just a
    crazy hater. Throughout this phase of the game, there are many great
    conversations that you have with your squad mates, both on ship and in the
    Citadel, etc. I greatly enjoyed how your squad seemed more alive in this one,
    compared to ME1 and 2.

We then reach the final phases of the game, starting with
    Literary Hammer Leng stealing the Prothean VI from us on Thessia. Hey this
    works, Shepard can fail. We see some humanity. Good stuff. Unfortunately this
    is going to Cerberus who the Reapers are controlling into thinking they can
    control the Reapers even though they would fail per CRGK because they are
    controlled already. Something like that. Blah blah blah, we blow up Cerberus
    because god dammit we need the catalyst. Turns out it’s the Citadel. Okay, nice
    twist. I’ll buy it. The Reapers have moved it to Earth to protect it from our
    plans. At this point I’m thinking “Okay, yes. The final epic fight. This is
    going to be so awesome.” And it was! Tearful goodbyes, Anderson delivering
    lines like boss, a Shepard speech to his crew, wading through lines of Reaperites
    as people lay down their lives for the galaxy. It was all there. You could feel
    the loss. You could feel the need to win. You could feel the determination.

We bleed and crawl our way to the control room in the
    Citadel, waiting for epicness, but unaware of the tragic piece of storytelling
    that will soon be revealed to us. The Illusive Man shows up. We hearken back to
    the Saren-Shepard conversation from the first game where Illusive Man thinks he
    is his own man. Anderson gets executed, or doesn’t. Anderson bleeds out in my
    game because apparently I didn’t have enough of a reputation so far. Who is
    that Shepard guy anyway? Probably that
    lunatic that ran around the galaxy and did every side quest except a couple he
    forgot to turn in because he couldn’t tell in the journal that he had gotten
    the part necessary for it. I digress. We blow away the Illusive Man. The game
    ends. The credits roll. We know Shepard finished blowing up the Reapers. Earth
    is devastated. Shepard crawls out bloodily as the hero. Or maybe he dies heroically,
    whatever you want. (S)He lives by the beach with Ashley/Liara/Miranda/Jack/Tali/Traynor/Cortez/Garrus/Kaidan/Vega/Jacob/(poor
    thane)/that news reporter that I left in the basement. You can think up
    something suitably dark if that suits you. The series obviously was going to
    have a dark tone considering it opens with one of your squad mate’s deaths.
    Plenty of things could work here. I’ll have more on this later, when I bring up
    lack of attachment to the ending that actually occurs.

But, no. This wasn’t the end. I didn’t alt f4. And I watched
    the franchise come to the most embarrassing and pathetic conclusion I could
    imagine. Turns out the Citadel is actually a part of a being, CRGK, that
    controls the Reapers as a way to ensure that organic life continues.
    Alright. Okay, so what do we do from here? Okay. We blow them all up.
    Hey that sounds good, that fits with the game. Or we assume direct control
    (Hey, why did we never have a conversation with Harbinger anyway. We just got
    dying-mc-lame-voice-reaper). Alright…… Or we synthesize a new being that is a
    hybrid.

The kid. Oh, the kid. Where did this come from? Here, in a
    single moment, we destroy the Reapers malice. We destroy the Lovecraftian
    horror of the Reapers. They’re just minions of the CRGK. This is the moment I
    felt like the entire series came crashing down. People don’t need some insane
    story to consider something worthwhile. It’s how the story is written. It’s how
    the characters pull you in. It’s the believability. The foundations of the
    fantasy. The CRGK tossed it all out the
    window. Huge problems occur in this moment. First of all is, if the Citadel is
    a sentient thing controlling the Reapers, the first game should not have
    occurred as it did. It should have been like oh hey, some bug dudes screwed
    with my signal. Guess I should do something about that and let the Reapers
    through. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR, everyone dies. (That was my text
    version of the Reaper roar; great sound, by the way). Another issue is I’m not
    really sure why the CRGK’s MO is now ruined. Shepard made it there by consuming
    all the previous civilizations warnings of the Reapers, and being stupendously
    awesome. This cycle hasn’t put any effort in to preserving knowledge, except
    Liara. We can assume it will have the same problems as the beacons did, except
    we don’t have a safe house set up anywhere, and no Thorian to be a cipher anymore.
    As a result, CRGK should just tell Shepard, “Haha, this was all a trick to
    control your response” and watch him die of despair and depression. The final problem with CRGK is, in the words
    of what I said out loud when he started talking, “AGAGLGLABABLEGLAGLBLRLBARLBALBLAFLLBLB”.
    How does this fit with the Mass Effect universe? There’s no consistency between
    the games we played and the last five minutes where we talk to this kid. It’s
    extremely frustrating. Where does the Reapers’s god-like complex come from?

Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supremum has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    “You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it.” How do
    the Reapers even represent a preservation of life? Shepard has to state the
    most obvious thing when he tells CRGK that taking away free will takes away the
    point. This shouldn’t be enlightening to someone who could design the Reapers
    and control the fate of the galaxy for that long. They shouldn’t need it
    explained that that’s not really living. Mass Effect has always had an element
    of struggle to it. Colony life is hard, AI’s causing problems, etc. The CRGK
    takes away the entire struggle. Everything is just assembly line Reaper
    production to suit the CRGK’s desires, which is based on an unproven
    hypothesis. The hypothesis of synthetic life will dominate organic life is
    contrary to what we have been doing through the three games. Namely, the Mass
    Effect universe shows that synthetic beings can coexist and indeed seem to move
    toward behaving as organic beings. There is no option to call the kid out on
    this. Presumably he could just stop the Reaper’s himself since he controls
    them, but Shepard loses his talking powers at the most crucial moment.

Now to address each of the choices. Reaper destruction. Hell
    yeah. This side was all colored in red, so I guess it was supposed to be the “renegade”
    ending, even though the whole series was about destroying the Reapers. This
    should have been the ONLY (successful) ending, just not executed through CRGK.
    And not resulting in your squad being on some random planet via a method that
    seems counter to the universe. And blowing up all the mass relays for no discernable
    reason. (Incidentally, all the armies of the galaxy are now stuck on some
    decimated Earth, so I am forced to assume lots of starvation is on the way for
    them). Okay, so anyway, this destroys all synthetic life. They even make a
    point to mention how Shepard is partially synthetic. But mine was still alive
    at the end because of my >5000 awesome points (however that matters). EDI
    gets roasted, poor Joker. Geth all get obliterated. This is all dumb because
    people can just rebuild them anyway.

Assuming Direct Control. This seems to be the “paragon”
    ending, given it is bathed in blue. The thing is paragon Shepard was almost militantly
    following the maxim of free will when he made decisions. He presented the case
    and tried to not use force. Of course there were some exceptions (rewriting the
    Geth), but in general he did not seem the type who wanted to enslave a sentient
    race. But there it is. This ending sucks due to not fulfilling the purpose of Mass
    Effect, namely, kill some Reapers baby. How is it satisfying for Shepard to be
    the new Reaper god? Why would anyone set out for that as their goal as they are
    playing this game? It runs counter to everything we have tried to accomplish so
    far. It also has the same problems as the previously mentioned one. All the
    relays blow up. Everyone is stuck on earth, blah blah. Crew winds up on random
    ass planet still.

Synthesis. We create organic synthetic life that is the
    pinnacle of evolution. Golly. This sounds a lot like Reapers. Sorry, I’m
    forgetting they’re actually just synthetic now, even though we established in
    Mass Effect 2 that they are organic synthetic hybrids. I think that’s all I
    need to say about that. Who knows what was going on here? At least Joker can
    get it on with EDI in this one.

My problem with this device of the ending is that nothing
    here evoked catharsis. All it evoked was an “Uhh, what?” This isn’t Fringe,
    guys. This isn’t the response you should want here. There’s no emotional payout
    at the end. Great, my squad is stuck on random planet. They’re going back to
    caveman-hood. Shepard dies never seeing his friends again. His friends don’t
    even seem to give a damn about the sacrifice he made. Come on Bioware. Show us
    a ceremony of sadness or something. Give us some form of emotional investment
    in the ending. There was nothing, just Shepard being not quiet dead. Suck on my
    >5000 points. The only satisfying part of the ending is I assume CRGK died
    when the Citadel went nova. At least we took out on tragedy of writing with
    this ending.

II. Missed opportunities

Oh boy, did ME3 miss a lot of opportunities. But, let me
    start with what I think they didn’t miss. The biggest thing here was the presentation of
    the universe at war. All the side quests were related to war readiness. The
    section of refugees was done well. You could feel the crowding and the desperation
    to get in. People’s lives were being torn apart by the Reapers and that was
    made apparent throughout the game. Bioware set the mood and tone brilliantly
    throughout the game. From leaving Earth, to the final assault on the conduit,
    it was all done excellently.

There were, I felt, large opportunities missed. I’ve covered
    two already. Namely, any form of emotional payout from the ending and
    exploiting the Lovecraftian horror of the Reapers. I did enjoy that we got to
    see a more human side of Shepard, but I think they missed some opportunities
    here. I think they missed a chance to have Shepard dealing with indoctrination.
    After all, Shepard has been around a lot of Reapers. Actually, I found the
    malice of indoctrination was largely absent from this game. Other than Cerberus
    trying to harness it, the Reaper’s indoctrination was mainly mentioned in side
    notes and the occasional side quest. We know from the previous games that will
    power is a factor in indoctrination, and I would have liked to see that driving
    some of Shepard’s character development. This would have been perfect in the
    dark theme of the Mass Effect universe. The set up of the game ignores this
    completely.

Another aspect of Shepard is the fact that he is full of
    Reaper tech. We got a brief conversation about what Shepard thought of being
    rebuilt, but we have no closure on the Reaper tech. In general, it seems that
    the potency of Reaper tech has been diminished from the previous games. Whereas
    before, any Reaper tech would grind a will down, in Mass Effect 3 this effect
    seems largely to be arbitrarily decided. The Geth are no loaded with Reaper
    technology, to no apparent adverse effect. Even in the presence of all the
    Reapers at the final battle we are just given “They’re high tech now and they
    stopped the possibility of indoctrination.” Oh, really? Would you care to
    share, guys (its?)? I was hoping with some struggles with EDI over this.
    Nothing. Mainly, I was hoping for something more with regards to Shepard and
    the Reaper tech. Ashley seems to be the only one who holds suspicions, but that
    wasn’t really about the Reaper tech, but that Shepard was willing to work with
    Cerberus. It was obviously a substantial amount of tech used to bring someone
    back from the dead, and I think it was a missed chance for further character
    development. As a side note, shouldn’t cyborg Shepard just be able to pick up
    Vega and toss him across the room?

The most egregious missed opportunity occurs in what I will
    call the illusion of choice. Throughout Mass Effect 3 we are very blatantly
    shown that our choices had almost no impact, while playing the game where they
    should have had the most. I felt like decisions had more impact in Mass Effect
    2 than 3. This problem is highlighted best in the Effective Military Strength
    rating. Every choice you made just boils down to a small adjustment on the EMS
    rating. I won’t even go into the essentially mandatory multiplayer to get
    >5000 EMS. Where was the connection we made with these people in the
    previous games? In ME3 we barely got emails from them like we did in ME2. I
    didn’t find Parasini anywhere, for example. Shiala was just cut down to 20
    points or something on my EMS. I can’t even remember impacts from my side
    quests in ME2 that I did. And I did all of them. Every choice we made just
    adjusted our EMS without any influence on the world. Obviously, saving the Council
    or not had some impact, but no effective difference in the possible endings. The
    biggest example of the illusion Bioware presented with Mass Effect was the
    Rachni. I’m sure this pissed off many other people. If you kill the Rachni
    queen, you are treated to a synthetically created queen that creates Rachni for
    the Reapers to then convert into Reaperites. Excuse me, but holy **** Bioware.
    Could you more explicitly tell me that you don’t give a damn about what I chose
    in the previous games?

This illusion of choice was one of the biggest failings that
    the ending offered. Not only did any combination of choices lead to the same
    possible endings assuming you had enough to get your EMS high enough, those
    three endings were essentially identical. I picked the destroy Reapers, since
    that was the point of Mass Effect to me, but I watched videos of the other two.
    We are treated to the exact same ending with a different color shockwave. Did
    Bioware just not care at this point? Not only did our choices from the first
    two not really present different opportunities, but even the final choice of
    how to solve the Reaper threat results in roughly the same outcome, tweaked in various
    ways. Is it too much to think that Bioware should have given us three distinct
    ending videos? For crying out loud, Joker still limps in the synthesis ending.
    At least they could have fixed that. That wouldn’t have solved the flaw created
    by the citadel reaper-god kid, but at least it would have lessened the sting of
    bad story telling a fraction.

I know it is impossible to write an ending that will please
    everyone. I’m sure there are people who were upset when Frodo did not have the
    will to throw the Ring into the fire. The thing is, I suspect this ending
    pleased very few, and it is definitely possible to write an ending (dark,
    merry, whatever) that pleases many.

As I said when I started, I know this is just a game, but
    like when some people were upset that Han didn’t shoot first, I feel like
    Bioware essentially ruined the point of the franchise with the ending.
    Hopefully Mass Effect spawns more epic storytelling in the gaming sector, but
    hopefully they do not continue the tradition of Mass Effect’s pointless and
    unsatisfying ending. I did enjoy the game for all but the last few minutes, and
    if the ending was good I probably would not have even thought about the flaws.
    To that end, any subsequent play through that I may do, like a renegade play, I will
    just alt f4 after shooting the Illusive Man and leave my imagination to finish
    off a great space opera.

xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000) xAlliance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Holy phuck, I just read that. Good read, I definitely agree with most of it.

Originally Posted by Supremum View Post
    Next we move to Mars. We find there was a whole other set of
    Prothean ruins there that went previously undiscovered. This has problems, but
    ones I am willing to forgive. I knew there would have to be some device, for
    lack of a better word, to kill the Reapers, given their number and power. I
    would have liked it to be introduced in a way that did not conflict with the
    universe though. We are talking about a universe that highly prizes Prothean
    ruins for the technology they can bring, but somehow it escaped their notice
    that there were more where they had already dug. I can accept this as an excuse
    for them wanting to show us Mars given its place in the games lore. All in all,
    this is not a huge issue. I was prepared coming in for a elaborate solution to
    the Reapers, so I soldiered on.
    ME1 or 2 mentioned at some point that the first Prothean tech was discovered on Mars and eventually caused discovery of the mass relays.

I read all of that too and i agree with all of it. Like you said, the part about the illusion of choice pisses me off the most. Here i am playing the game thinking to myself that my game is completely different from my friends because of the decisions i made in the other two, only to find out that really they meant just about zero in this game. They basically just change a few words here and there and that's about it. Before the ending of the game i honestly thought this was my favorite game of all time. The only choice im glad that had a little consequence was that i romanced Tali. In fact being on Rannoch was my favorite part of the game and the scene where you save it with Tali was one of my favorite in gaming (even though they did a lame cop out with the picture of Tali and didnt legit show her face at all) and it was at that moment i thought that the end of this game would be so epic because they did that part so well, but boy was i wrong. TIM (The Illusive Man) was such a let down at the end too. I pictured this guy to be almost super human with how much control he had in the galaxy, yet it turned out he was just as weak as Saren and ended up completely changing his mind on the reaper opinion just cause shepard says a few words (Even though the whole story he said shepard would never be able to change his mind) And dont get me started on why the phuck was joker flying away anyways when he was supposed to be fighting! Or how 2 teamates are randomly on the ship with him?? Yeah i dont know. This just pissed me off a lot and had to rant about it lol. Horrible ending

speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedycon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I beat it 3rd day with the most readiness possible without multiplayer. I scanned every planet and did every side quest. I played through since me1 as a renegade i had to make tough decisions in this one, like killing mordin and leaving grunt, all so humanity gains maximun support

Needless to say at the end of my 12 hour session at 5am i saw the most disappointing ending ever. The ign article says all the reasons why. It also makes the rest of the game pointless.

I just think mass effect is a big phony. It acts all open world sandboxy chose whatever you like but its just as linear as any other shooter. Like all the carry over stuff with me2 really doesnt mean anything. You just get different cut scenes that make u feel involved.

Like **** miranda, my "relationship" , she shows up asks for money for her sister than dies like she would anyway. That was really worth playing me2 for, no side missions or anything. And the choices dont mean **** i found out if i didnt kill mordin i would just get a cutscene of him dying anyway and the same amount of support which also meant nothing. But my little blue bar would go up instead of the little red one, which also, yep you guessed it meant nothing.

The side quests involved killing 1000s of the same cerbures or scanning planets while evading red dots.

EA conned me, i thought they finally came out with something different. The game feels bigger and more immersive at first than it actually is. Its just another cash cow to milk the masses.

Edit: oh and fking love how they tout "16 different endings" are u fking kidding me? at this point in the game they even stop giving you different cutscenes for your choices.
    Last edited by speedycon7; 03-10-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Registered Hypochondriac ArchangelDante's Avatar
    ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000) ArchangelDante is just really nice. (+1000)
    i wish i had the choice to help the illusive man like in me2. i always figured that the illusive man knew what was going on and helped him as much as possible but me3 just made him the villain regardless of whether i was paragon or renegade

brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianmt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Really? I loved the ending, it was ****ing beautiful. Although I didn't play through my last save to see the other endings I think that ruins it. I'm starting a new character tonight to change my choices and be paragon
    Bought this account in 2010 :D

MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index

It's universal.

I've never seen backlash like this about an ending to a game ever. Not even Fallout 3.

I've discussed at length what I thought was wrong with the ending. Until they release a DLC pack changing the endings, I prefer to think this: Everything that happened after Shepard was knocked out by Harbinger is a hallucination, and he is waking up in the rubble hours later on Earth. So basically everything from the time he went through the Conduit is a dream and never happened.

Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nickosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I mean an endings an ending but yeah me3's was just plain bad.

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ME1: Sovereign is a badass reaper out to end advanced organic life by his own free will

ME2: Harbinger is a badass reaper out to end advanced organic life by his own free will

ME3: Army of badass reaper's out to end advanced organic life by their own free will

Last 5 minutes of ME3: lol, jk, a child is controlling the reapers on the citadel punching plot hole after plot hole in 3 games worth of story /roll final credits.

Originally Posted by MA5Bergey View Post
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index

It's universal.

I've never seen backlash like this about an ending to a game ever. Not even Fallout 3.

I've discussed at length what I thought was wrong with the ending. Until they release a DLC pack changing the endings, I prefer to think this: Everything that happened after Shepard was knocked out by Harbinger is a hallucination, and he is waking up in the rubble hours later on Earth. So basically everything from the time he went through the Conduit is a dream and never happened.
    Really convincing theory in this thread that supports the idea that shepard got knocked out after harbinger shot that laser at him, and went into a dream-like state where the reapers attempted to indoctrinate shepard into NOT destroying the reapers. It gives me a little bit of hope, but its wishful thinking most likely.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/9727423

Bioware has also said they have been listening to the feedback and would comment once they have heard from Europe, and already there are threads from euro gamers complaining about the ending. One of the thread names was "Tears from Germany" .. rofl

It's universal.

Thats a good thought honestly. Make it so its like it never happened at all. I would actually be happy if Shepard woke up and was like "what the phuck was that?" and then just continued onto the amazing ending that i have pictured in my head. I dont care if he has to die (even though i would prefer him to live), i just want to see how my choices affected the galaxy in the end is all.

MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jrp91 View Post
    Thats a good thought honestly. Make it so its like it never happened at all. I would actually be happy if Shepard woke up and was like "what the phuck was that?" and then just continued onto the amazing ending that i have pictured in my head. I dont care if he has to die (even though i would prefer him to live), i just want to see how my choices affected the galaxy in the end is all.
    Honestly, if they release a fix for DLC, that'll probably be how they implement it in.

Also, forgot to mention, one of the biggest problems I have with the ending, too, is the flashbacks. One of the three flashbacks is your LI, but for some reason, Bioware got lazy and only implemented Ashley, Kaidan, and Liara. So... if your Shep was in a relationship with Miranda, Jack, Tali, Garrus, Thane, Cortez, or Traynor, it defaults to Liara. Way to make ME2 not matter...

Oh and apparently one of the writers for mass effect 3 was quoted saying this on twitter "Michael Gamble ******** @GambleMike
    "Hardest. Day. Ever. Seriously, if you people knew all the stuff we are planning...you'd, we'll - hold onto your copy of me3 forever. " After reading that and that link MA5Bergey put, i am really hoping that bioware is thinking the same thing about the hallucination/slight indoctrination of shepard. It would definitely help explain why that part of the game seemed so off from the rest of the game

Honestly, if they release a fix for DLC, that'll probably be how they implement it in.

Also, forgot to mention, one of the biggest problems I have with the ending, too, is the flashbacks. One of the three flashbacks is your LI, but for some reason, Bioware got lazy and only implemented Ashley, Kaidan, and Liara. So... if your Shep was in a relationship with Miranda, Jack, Tali, Garrus, Thane, Cortez, or Traynor, it defaults to Liara. Way to make ME2 not matter...
    Yeah at that part i was like wtfff. All i saw was Joker, Anderson and Liara, when i romanced Tali. That just seemed incredibly lazy on their parts lol

Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000)

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jrp91 View Post
    Oh and apparently one of the writers for mass effect 3 was quoted saying this on twitter "Michael Gamble ******** @GambleMike
    "Hardest. Day. Ever. Seriously, if you people knew all the stuff we are planning...you'd, we'll - hold onto your copy of me3 forever. " After reading that and that link MA5Bergey put, i am really hoping that bioware is thinking the same thing about the hallucination/slight indoctrination of shepard. It would definitely help explain why that part of the game seemed so off from the rest of the game
    Unless they are rewriting the endings, starting with that stupid kid, nobody is going to buy their DLC.

Nobody is going to want to buy DLC that ends up having no effect on the ending.

Pretty much sums it up.

Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.
    Thank you for putting this up. i dont have 50 posts so i cant but i saw this yesterday and its so true

Unless they are rewriting the endings, starting with that stupid kid, nobody is going to buy their DLC.

Nobody is going to want to buy DLC that ends up having no effect on the ending.
    Exactly. Nobody is going to want to play any sort of DLC pre-earth battle, knowing it won't mean a damn thing in the end

"The entire APPEAL of these games was snuffed in 10 f*cking minutes!!"

"Don't worry, we'll make up our own ending."

Sooooo true...

Edit:

Originally Posted by Yeahbudday View Post
    Exactly. Nobody is going to want to play any sort of DLC pre-earth battle, knowing it won't mean a damn thing in the end
    Agreed. Whether it's pre-earth or post-earth (w/ new missions and squadmates, etc.)...the DLC is not gonna be worth getting knowing that the end is just going to completely butcher it.

Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Human.Shield has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you need to get the dlc to fully understand the ending
    "my friends wont always be there but the iron will" -teen misc

I cant actually post url's yet but if you go to this address you will see what some guy claims to be the upcoming dlc plans. I dont like them. img710.imageshack.us/img710/876/ohboyherewego.jpg