Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol! Cute. Peach fuzzy navel.

Originally Posted by thjones3 View Post
    but I'm back for today at least!
    Yaw!

Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    Down to 208.6 this morning... Finally getting myself re-hydrated. Had to spend most of last week drinking (you only turn 30 once), and I've kept pretty stable around 210.

It's time to batten down the hatches and smash to 200. Aw. Yeah.
    Happy Birthday!

Originally Posted by houstonrice View Post
    caprica...

why is your weight yo-yoing?
    No “yo-yo”. Explanation in post #575.

Post a.m. workout weights:
    5/08/12: 129.5 (weigh-in day)
    5/09/12: 129.0
    5/10/12: 129.0
    5/15/12: 128.5 (weigh-in day)

Outlier post a.m. workout weights:
    5/13/12: 131.0 -ate salty food the day before, and ate more of the same on this day.
    5/14/12: 131.0 -drank copious amounts of water, and ate more of the same - leftovers, but tried to eat a smaller quantity in anticipation of weigh-in day (5/15).

In my case, my waking weights are all over the place and reveal nothing. I sometimes drink water until late into the previous night, and I retain water for a huge variety of reasons. I mentioned my waking weight only because it had spiked and I was unsure of what was going on - I had been really strict with my diet and exercise. I upped my cardio to try to work off extra calories and to prove to myself that I was just retaining extra water due to excessive salt consumption. As it turns out I was also retaining water for my monthly cycle.

A 4 mile brisk walk on the treadmill does not add up to the same “water weight” loss each morning. Some days I’ll lose .5 lbs, and on others I’ll lose 1.5 lbs. Too many variables...

Originally Posted by scatterzoom View Post
    Caprica, yeah. I did that actually last Thanksgiving. just never updated my profile pic.

Great job on you new low!
    Thank you! I haven’t seen that weight in sooo long, no matter how hard I’ve trained.

Having said that, I’ll probably weigh in at 129/130 next week. I haven't been very disciplined with my diet the last few days... We'll see.

Originally Posted by chudude View Post
    Yeah same, progress has pretty much stopped entirely.
    You have a really good shot at getting to where you want to be! You’ve proven that you can get results when you put your mind to it. There was a guy on here who was putting in tons of effort and seeing zero results. I pm’d with him for a bit to make sure he was ok because some bullies (actually, about a hundred) had discovered and raided his bodyspace page... Anyway, the thought of him got me back on the treadmill at least 8 times when I was in my 150s. I knew what I was doing and I was getting results when I followed through. MILLIONS of others can’t or won’t put in the work, and MILLIONS would “kill” to know your secret. Don’t take that for granted.

AmIHelping?/10

Originally Posted by steffy456 View Post
    So today I'm finally back at 152 where I started which still sucks but oh well. Tomorrow I'm going to a baseball game with $2 beers... I'm going to try my best to be good...
    You fought back and won, dangit. That’s really good news.

Originally Posted by jehutyzone123 View Post
    So instead of running.... This hot yoga place has 5 sessions for 5 bucks. Went in room.. I AM THE ONLY GUY THERE. At that point it was $5 well spent. lol
    There aren’t many women at the gym when I work out, but even with the odds stacked in my favor, very few guys notice me on any given day, lol.

*pouts*

Originally Posted by mom2e3 View Post
    You crazy, girl! I will admit, I weigh am upon arising and pm right before I go to bed. I do like seeing the difference that happens during sleep.

hah!

Work it, baby!

--

Outrigger canoe on Monday. We didn't go far, but stayed out long. The ocean was gorgeous. Super calm, no wind--like a huge swimming pool. We jumped into the deep blue and it was so entirely refreshing. The weather could not be more gorgeous. I've still not lifted. My cold/laryngitis is getting better. Dealing with some family issues in the process. I am down 0.5 to 133.5, so yay for a low. Gotta keep in the game to meet the goals!
    Yaw again!

This you?

I weigh myself once when I wake up and again post a.m. workout. The latter weights are what I report here, but those are also post wc, light breakfast, 15 oz rehydration, shower and hair dry. I don’t fully rehydrate until after I’ve recorded my post workout weight.

Originally Posted by Flood5150 View Post
    Confused,
    Aren't the weigh ins on Fridays???
    You meant to post in the other May 1st to August 1st thread.

Originally Posted by bigollie2006 View Post
    Tomorrow I'm going to donate plasma so I can get a guest Pass at the gym, how bad do you guys want this right now?
    Wow. How often will you have to do this?

I was in a glass case of emotion while writing this last night since my . had just started. I think I did a pretty good job, all things considered.

(loud/obnoxious)
    Last edited by caprica6; 05-18-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: too many spaces

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fled the confectionery goodness in the form of a building wide bake-off from the main location I work out of to get some stuff done at another building & walked smack dab into the middle of a building wide ice-cream social with cookies & brownies & ice cream.

I was trapped!

My lunch is still in the other building's fridge. LOL!
    I pretty much ate nothing after that until dinner & it was a sparse dinner at that.
    Macro's sucked for sure yesterday.

I still woke up at just under 172.
    Not sure how but I was really dehydrated.

Gonna up water to make up for it today.

got a weekend of manual labor ahead of me.
    If I keep cals around maint.
    i should see a good drop for weigh in.

Chainsaw Woodcarver jehutyzone123's Avatar
    jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jehutyzone123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    How're you finding it?
    I'm actually liking it. I've never done yoga before but they let you do variations of some of the poses so they suit you.(im not flexible enough to do some of that crazy stuff) And the room being 105 degrees makes it so that a little bit of movement will make you sweat like crazy. If you do try it though, i suggest freezing a bottle of water solid to take with you. By the end of the session the water will be almost completely melted, but still cold. If you just take a cold bottle of water it will end up hot.

I really want to try it. I like sitting in a sauna. And i like doing yoga. And I like being surrounded by woman. Lol.
    Ive noticed a ton of places give free passes and have discounts, its worth a shot. ALL the women in their had to range between 20-29 hahahaha and EVERY SINGLE ONE was in shape hahaha

Originally Posted by limepickle View Post
    @jehutyzone123 doesn't it really smell?
    It didn't smell actually, everyone in their was clean. I would hate to be stuck in that room with someone who smells though.

Originally Posted by caprica6 View Post

There aren’t many women at the gym when I work out, but even with the odds stacked in my favor, very few guys notice me on any given day, lol.

*pouts*
    Maybe they are just being really discreet about it. lol

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    229 again this AM. Had a MASSIVE dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. I housed 2 loaves of their pumpernickel bread (Hello. My name is JaxLifter, and I'm additicted to Outback Steakhouse Pumpernickel bread.) and a 12oz sirloin with steamed veg and mashed potatoes on the side. Felt FULL after that! (duh) Going to go lower carb today and have a couple chicken/lettuce wraps for lunch with a protien shake and baked chicken and veg for dinner! I really want to drop down to sub-220 by then end of this thread. It will happen. Slow and steady (and stay away from Outback).
    Current Lifts:

Incline Bench: 205x3
    DeadLift: 405x1
    Box Squat: 325x4

Goals by July 1:
    Incline Bench: 235
    Deadlift: 450
    Box Squat:375

bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JaxLifter View Post
    229 again this AM. Had a MASSIVE dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. I housed 2 loaves of their pumpernickel bread (Hello. My name is JaxLifter, and I'm additicted to Outback Steakhouse Pumpernickel bread.) and a 12oz sirloin with steamed veg and mashed potatoes on the side. Felt FULL after that! (duh) Going to go lower carb today and have a couple chicken/lettuce wraps for lunch with a protien shake and baked chicken and veg for dinner! I really want to drop down to sub-220 by then end of this thread. It will happen. Slow and steady (and stay away from Outback).
    You and I are staying right on top of each other (no homo)

229lbs again this am as well.
    ~DSC~

thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    Fled the confectionery goodness in the form of a building wide bake-off from the main location I work out of to get some stuff done at another building & walked smack dab into the middle of a building wide ice-cream social with cookies & brownies & ice cream.

I was trapped!

My lunch is still in the other building's fridge. LOL!
    I pretty much ate nothing after that until dinner & it was a sparse dinner at that.
    Macro's sucked for sure yesterday.

...SNIP...
    Haha, I would have folded like a lawn-chair!
    Chuck Norris is so fast, he can start a fire by rubbing two ice cubes together.

sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    -4lbs F****YEAH
    Heaviest: 367lbs, February 21,2012
    First Goal : 295lbs, August 1,2012 [x]
    Second Goal : 260lbs, December 1,2012
    -----------------------------------

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bama5584 View Post
    You and I are staying right on top of each other (no homo)

229lbs again this am as well.
    I Lol'd at that one bud! We have quite a bit in common believe it or not. What's your training look like? Are you following any particular program or just a normal split routine? What's worked well for you? You haven't seemed to have hit many walls on your way down. I've been stuck between 225-230 for a while now... I just need to re-focus on calorie intake and up the cardio. I haven't done much cardio at all to be honest.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bama5584 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I Lol'd at that one bud! We have quite a bit in common believe it or not. What's your training look like? Are you following any particular program or just a normal split routine? What's worked well for you? You haven't seemed to have hit many walls on your way down. I've been stuck between 225-230 for a while now... I just need to re-focus on calorie intake and up the cardio. I haven't done much cardio at all to be honest.
    I started out doing just a normal split, making sure I hit each muscle group at least once a week. I did that for about 3 months and saw some great noob gains (upped my bench from 185x5 to 205x8, or a max of 205 to now 250) I started Kris Gethin's Hardcore Trainer 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it so far. No workout has been the same so it's not boring.

As far as my diet goes... I've just been counting calories with myfitnesspal and trying to make sure I get 175-200g of protein a day. (I'm out of protein powder so I've been slacking on that this week :/ )

I've did more cardio on my first week of KG's program and lost 3lbs that week, but I slacked off for the last week or so and I've stayed the same. I got to make sure I get those two 20min cardio sessions in everyday! I'm going to get to 205 by the end of this thread!!! Bank it
    ~DSC~

chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by caprica6 View Post
    You have a really good shot at getting to where you want to be! You’ve proven that you can get results when you put your mind to it. There was a guy on here who was putting in tons of effort and seeing zero results. I pm’d with him for a bit to make sure he was ok because some bullies (actually, about a hundred) had discovered and raided his bodyspace page... Anyway, the thought of him got me back on the treadmill at least 8 times when I was in my 150s. I knew what I was doing and I was getting results when I followed through. MILLIONS of others can’t or won’t put in the work, and MILLIONS would “kill” to know your secret. Don’t take that for granted.

AmIHelping?/10
    Yeah you're helping. A lot actually Thank you so much caprica.

I can't believe that, eff all those bullies for being so hateful. F*** enrages me when I hear that type of crap, like what is the point besides ruining another person? Destructive behavior...the f***n worst. I wonder how that guy is holding up, I hope he's doing alright and that he's figured out how to make progress. How long ago was this?

Makes me think how lucky I was as there was no one around to kick me down and discourage me. Or I just did not know. No one really expected anything from me, knew of any of my weight loss plans, or even really paid much attention to me. That was the best situation I could ask for. No expectations but from myself and to do it for myself. I can say I would not be where I am if I received such cruelty from hundreds of people raiding my bodyspace...

You know what is hitting me hard though: It's not hate from haters or anything like that, but the attention I keep garnering. Attention, approval, eyes laying upon me, it's actually distracting me and derailing me from getting to my goal. I need to put this aside and realize that all of this work was not for them or for approval. It's for me, and where I want to be.

You're damn right I can't take all this for granted, and thank you for reminding me. I've worked too hard to quit now and be complacent, that'd just be a damn shame.

I really appreciate it caprica. You've been great support in these long nine months, and that support has helped me go a long way.

chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10) chudude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Me too. I'm struggling to get to 160. Keep straying off my cut. Last night I had a lot of pizza and tonight I had sushi, beers and a lot of pop corn seeing the Avengers. Great movie! Actually, best I've seen in a long time. 2 thumbs up in my book.
    Right?! Avengers was incredible, and definitely a movie I'd rewatch two or three times. Successful formula of entertainment - action, thrills, Scarlet Johansson, good enough plot, AND funny.

Haha I'm actually trying to watch some movies on my downtime to get me motivated. Wanna have a sick aesthetic look like the guys in Hollywood, you know? The Captain America physique, or Wolverine in First Class, James Bond in Casino Royale, oh and who could ever leave this one out: Pitt, Fight Club, all I'm saying....

Here's how I solved the cheese problem: shoved them all in a fridge shelf, and put a post it note saying "This cheese does not belong to you." Good enough I guess.

NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So, even after eating ice-cream, cookies, brownies, and a few beers (wth right? might as well) thursday.
    Then friday, coming in at maint. and having drank at least two gallons of water for the day.

I wake up this morning fully hydrated and just over 170. huh?
    Now I did spend thursday & friday on my feet running around doing equipment installs.
    Am i just underestimating the caloric burn from being on your feet all day?

Normally, after two days like that i'd be back up to 175 with the water weight.

Not that i'm complaining....

limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    So, even after eating ice-cream, cookies, brownies, and a few beers (wth right? might as well) thursday.
    Then friday, coming in at maint. and having drank at least two gallons of water for the day.

I wake up this morning fully hydrated and just over 170. huh?
    Now I did spend thursday & friday on my feet running around doing equipment installs.
    Am i just underestimating the caloric burn from being on your feet all day?

Normally, after two days like that i'd be back up to 175 with the water weight.

Not that i'm complaining....
    I had a pretty bad day yesterday. Anti pasta, then fish for dinner - good. A bottle of wine and several beers - bad. Started counting up the cals but gave up at 3500. Went over at least 500 cals, probably more.

Better today. I'm at 1800 having hit my macros already. Time for some wine!

Hope you're all having a great weekend

limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to try a little experiment. From June 1 I'm going to quit drinking for a month. I'm going to eat 2000 cals a day and burn 3000 so technically over the month of June I should shed about 10lb. Anyone want to place friendly bets where I'll be by July 1?

227.4 this AM! YEAH BUDDY! BAMA! Where you at!?

Srsly, I cut out a ton of carbs yesterday. Had a double-turkey lettuce wrap burger at a fast food joint (Hardee's if anyone was wondering) for lunch for at least 60g Pro, a 51g shake after that, and about 14oz of baked chicken parm over spaghetti squash for another 80g pro for a total of 191g on the day. Not too shabby. Today's goal is to also limit carb intake (mainly breads) and keep that pro intake UP! Seeing the Avengers in IMAX 3D today! PUMPED! Going to grab a healthier snack before the movie to avoid the theater snack trap!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50) scatterzoom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    171.4 lbs WTF!!, I'm going the wrong direction. Been eating out too much this week. Have to get back on track.
    Limepickle, I'm with you no more booze for awhile. Don't think I can last a month but certainly a week or two.
    Journal -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143348913

~ 235 lbs at my heaviest (Late 2008)
    ~ Feb 1 - May 1 2010 (205 - 177)
    ~ Feb 1 - May 1 2012 Comp (180 - 172.6)

May 1 - Aug 1 Comp (goal 160)
    5-1: 172.6 | 5-8 168.2 |5-15 166.4 | 5-22 167.8 | 5-29 172.5
    6-5: 171.7

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive been slacking totally this week. Starting tomorrow im back to seriously cutting. Im having a sausuage and peperoni pizza today. yumm
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Doms is strong today in my legs. Squats ftw! About to meet this chick around 4PM and we're going to walk on the greenway. Oh well. Not sure what I'm going to get into tonight, but we'll see how everything goes.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

227.4 this AM! YEAH BUDDY! BAMA! Where you at!?

Srsly, I cut out a ton of carbs yesterday. Had a double-turkey lettuce wrap burger at a fast food joint (Hardee's if anyone was wondering) for lunch for at least 60g Pro, a 51g shake after that, and about 14oz of baked chicken parm over spaghetti squash for another 80g pro for a total of 191g on the day. Not too shabby. Today's goal is to also limit carb intake (mainly breads) and keep that pro intake UP! Seeing the Avengers in IMAX 3D today! PUMPED! Going to grab a healthier snack before the movie to avoid the theater snack trap!
    I limited carbs (for the most part) and sodium yesterday, plus walked/jogged a total of about 4 miles yesterday (2 after work and 2 last night) and was 226.5 this am.

Not to mention I got a PB on bench yesterday... 250x3

Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    Doms is strong today in my legs. Squats ftw! About to meet this chick around 4PM and we're going to walk on the greenway. Oh well. Not sure what I'm going to get into tonight, but we'll see how everything goes.
    Good luck with that
    ~DSC~

BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weighed in at less than 200 for the first time in 3 years today. Haven't been under 190 in a decade.

11 hrs of digging post holes & busting through stupid rocks with a long spike & hammer.

i'm drinking a beer or two.
    Not worried about weight going up at all.

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BradKemp View Post
    Weighed in at less than 200 for the first time in 3 years today. Haven't been under 190 in a decade.
    Congratulations! I can hardly stand it waiting to get there myself. It's been nearly 20 years since I weighed less than 200lbs. I will get below or die trying! lol
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well just got home from the date. It went well. We ended up walking 6 miles. Found out she's using myfitnesspal and we've got a lot in common, plus she's hot. So A+... Trying to temper my enthusiasm, though. Eating dinner now.

bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Finally made it to the gym today! I only had 30 minutes before they closed so I busted ass and got my max effort bench and deadlift in. I was very disappointed I struggled with 5x5 on bench and 455 was very heavy on deads. I know if I got back in the gym my bench would shoot back up in no time but it's a bitch knowing my hard work is being taken away from me because I'm poor and cannot afford a gym membership. I'm a powerlifter and my strength is very important to me and it's hard to continue to stay in a deficit when I can't lift heavy. Any suggestions?

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome morning! Woke up and I am sub 239lbs. Can officially wave good bye to the 240's. Asta la vista baby, au revoir, addios amigo you were no friend of mine.
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I feel pretty good today. I havent eaten at all yet today. I think im going to make today a fast day and give my body a break. I also spread some reps around to those that arent on spread now.
    Last edited by stingray72; 05-20-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 1 of Keto. Bacon and eggs for breakfast! I am thinking I will probably have no drop come weigh in though
    Kettlebells yo!

branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) branden73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Skullster View Post
    Awesome morning! Woke up and I am sub 239lbs. Can officially wave good bye to the 240's. Asta la vista baby, au revoir, addios amigo you were no friend of mine.
    NICE! repd
    Kettlebells yo!

Originally Posted by branden73 View Post
    Day 1 of Keto. Bacon and eggs for breakfast! I am thinking I will probably have no drop come weigh in though
    Still don't understand why people keto? Still have to be in a deficit and you omitted an entire macro-nutrient out of your diet.

Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    Still don't understand why people keto? Still have to be in a deficit and you omitted an entire macro-nutrient out of your diet.
    Well from what I learned about fasting today while researching and entering ketosis your body is supposed to use fat more so to replace the carbohydrates as fuel. But I see this approach using high fat amounts with this keto diet causing other health concerns by its high fat practice. To me it would make more sense to do a modified version of the protein sparing modified fast using fruits and vegetables and a healthy source of fats while keeping the total fat amount in the moderate category of say 30% of calories.

also I see being in ketosis as a bad thing. From my point of view its the bodies survival mode when your in ketosis. I did the protein sparing modified fast as it was designed using high protein with very low carbs (30 grams) low fat amounts and it shot my cholesterol up 40 points most of which was the bad form of cholesterol over 3 months of being on the diet. And I lost muscle too and not a little bit either.
    Last edited by stingray72; 05-20-2012 at 05:27 PM.