ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How long until you see results?

I explained my experience with this diet in response to an earlier post, but when do you actually start to see results? Is it normally to gain weight back every time you carb-up. I went two weeks with no carbs, but my first carb-up kinda sucked. I looked so fat after and felt like crap. For some reason I just couldn't convince myself that it would work. It seems everyone has had good results. Has anyone gone through this when staring the diet?

JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "How long until you see results?" 30 seconds from right now.

You see results when you put in enough work.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

GOAL:

For my job working with the USFS in Montana I must: be able to carry felled trees, lift boulders, ruck 70# puncheon planks, haul tools over 10 miles along with personal gear, and beat down the camp-invading brown bear. Kidding!

But I do want to be able to run full speed while chasing a bear with a can of pepper spray, screaming obscenities with a hand-rolled cigarette in my mouth.

nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ncrowls22 View Post
    I explained my experience with this diet in response to an earlier post, but when do you actually start to see results? Is it normally to gain weight back every time you carb-up. I went two weeks with no carbs, but my first carb-up kinda sucked. I looked so fat after and felt like crap. For some reason I just couldn't convince myself that it would work. It seems everyone has had good results. Has anyone gone through this when staring the diet?
    I have put on 6-7lbs after a carb up but it's all gone and another pound or so by wed-thurs. I have been keeping them smaller and every other week I but i feel better afterward. And I still have energy to lift for the week. As far a seeing results I saw weight loss pretty consistent after first week, when the weight loss slowed the tape measure kept moving. Good luck it works and works well given the time and dedication
    No Grain...No Pain... Gluten free since 2007

rasit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried the carb up phase after my first week of keto diet and seemed like I gained everything back..I watched a documentary of this doctor who's had 25 years of experience in keto diet, not to mention he's on this diet as well, said that it takes your body up to 2-3 weeks to get back in ketosis..

So I decided to quit the carb up to see how my results will be..So far I kind of got used to low carb and I keep it going 7 days a week..

badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rasit View Post
    I tried the carb up phase after my first week of keto diet and seemed like I gained everything back..I watched a documentary of this doctor who's had 25 years of experience in keto diet, not to mention he's on this diet as well, said that it takes your body up to 2-3 weeks to get back in ketosis..

So I decided to quit the carb up to see how my results will be..So far I kind of got used to low carb and I keep it going 7 days a week..
    you can be back into ketosis within a day.

ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ncrowls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I read somewhere last night that you can basically eat whatever you want on the weekends and still lose weight. Saying that the majority of your calories are coming from carbs could this be true?

badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read somewhere last night that you can basically eat whatever you want on the weekends and still lose weight. Saying that the majority of your calories are coming from carbs could this be true?
    yes

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dont fool yourself, food quality is important
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

http://*****.bodybuilding funkypigeon's Avatar
    funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50)

whats the documentary called?

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i follow the idea of still sticking to your calorie deficit during your carb up, or even stay at maintenance. the calorie deficit decides the overall weight loss. adding a lot more carbs will add water weight, but that's just what it is, water weight. If this bothers you too much and you want to see a consistent look to better judge your weight loss, follow a TKD.

You never go full Ketard cbeastwood's Avatar
    cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you did the induction phase right, it takes no time at all to get back into ketosis.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I'm calling BS on that doctor. My guess is that he's an atkins proponent... which is not for bodybuilding. Do what you want, but at 6'3" 192 I would think you'd want to build muscle and not just lose fat.
    David

rasit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by funkypigeon View Post
    whats the documentary called?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkdFkPxxDG8

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    i follow the idea of still sticking to your calorie deficit during your carb up, or even stay at maintenance. the calorie deficit decides the overall weight loss. adding a lot more carbs will add water weight, but that's just what it is, water weight. If this bothers you too much and you want to see a consistent look to better judge your weight loss, follow a TKD.
    Exactly. People who think they can just go binge without gaining fat are idiots
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregoryswan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i noticed weight loss within a week, still new to diet so the following weeks my diet & discipline has improved

lightwave000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cut out carbs and Im on week 5 of attempting to cut. For some reason, im building muscle instead. The actual body weight stays the same and fat seems to be dropping. Only one side effect...I feel SOOO tired and weak ALL THE TIME! I think every 4th day I am going to add in a few complex in the morning and after workout. Probably shouldnt cut out those carbs anyways huh?

laguy821 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends on the amount of work you will put in.