Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User Cosmology's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    Cosmology is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Cosmology's BodySpace
    Cosmology is offline

    I'm Trying to Lose 30lb in 2 months, is that possible?

    I am overweight and have man boobs, just recently I got into a relationship and I really want to better myself for her, I can't even imagine taking my shirt off revealing a pair of man breasts...anyways, I have cut out all sugary drinks from my diet and have started to stop eating 4 hours before I go to bed instead of eating all night long...

    I'm gona try to have 2 meals a day and vegetable + fruits occasionally throughout the day.

    I have started running but I can only run for 15 minutes with 2 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking...it is pretty pathetic but is this okay to start with and then gradually become better at running every day until I can run for 15 minutes straight and eventually for like an hour straight?

    Any and all advice is appreciated.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Legen-Dairy justroberson's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Texas, United States
    Age: 31
    Stats: 6'1", 235 lbs
    Posts: 2,816
    Rep Power: 1071
    justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) justroberson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit justroberson's BodySpace
    justroberson is offline
    I'd suggest you do some serious reading in the nutrition forum:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

    Read all the stickied threads at the top of that forum section, and at the top of the Workout Programs section as well.
    TM>531>TM>HLM Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137315003
    My old SS Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127042511

    “I'm just a lat guy, you know? I've got these amazing lats, and… I'm just living in an ab guy's world.” -Workaholics
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User meangela010's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 32
    Stats: 5'10", 164 lbs
    Posts: 165
    Rep Power: 19
    meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meangela010 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit meangela010's BodySpace
    meangela010 is offline
    15 pounds per month is an ambitious goal, but I wouldn’t say its impossible. Sounds like your off to a good start with getting rid of the sugary drinks and adding more fruits and veggies in to your diet.
    I highly recommend that you read the articles available on BB.com, they have a lot of good info and will guide you better then forum posts. They have a ton of information for beginners like yourself.
    Here are a few tips:
    - You should eat closer to 6 smaller meals per day.
    - Don’t eat anything processed if you can avoid it, stick to real meat like chicken breast and fish, and real fruits and veggies. Oatmeal is good, but stays away from anything that comes in a box.
    - Try to get in 30 min of cardio every day, your run walking is a good start but if you burn out after 15 minutes, then just walk the rest.
    - While cardio will help you lose fat (as long as you eat less they you burn, again read up!) you should definitely start adding in some resistance training.
    One thing to watch out for is your perspective, you say “I want to lose 30 pounds in 2 months” but what about after the two months is over? You should look at it as a life style change and not just a quick fix, otherwise you will get frustrated with setbacks and fail.
    I could go on and on…. But I will just say this one more time. The internet is your friend and there is a ton of information out there for people who really want to make a change in their life. Read up!
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Lack of iron &or sleeping SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 43
    Stats: 5'11", 187 lbs
    Posts: 26,592
    BodyPoints: 1676
    Rep Power: 22115
    SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SuffolkPunch has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SuffolkPunch's BodySpace
    SuffolkPunch is online now
    That would be a very bad idea. You would lose a lot lean muscle so you would not end up looking like you hoped - and would be priming your body for rebound fat gain.

    1-2lbs a week
    get adequate protein
    do weight training to prevent muscle loss
    patience.
    My Daily Undulating Periodisation log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163624691
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Cosmology's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    Cosmology is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Cosmology's BodySpace
    Cosmology is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That would be a very bad idea. You would lose a lot lean muscle so you would not end up looking like you hoped - and would be priming your body for rebound fat gain.

    1-2lbs a week
    get adequate protein
    do weight training to prevent muscle loss
    patience.
    1-2 lbs a week? That would take forever, I don't have much muscle right now anyways, I just don't want to be a flabby mess when I have time with my Girlfriend, my main goals are losing my belly and man boobs and love handles...then after that start to exercise to gain muscle and keep my eating habits in check.

    Another thing I'd like to note is that I was a very scronny person until about 4 years ago when I started gaining weight, I was always super skinny but I suddenly put on a massive amount of weight when i was 15, I'm almost 19 now.

    But yea, I just want to not have all this fat on me then worry about muscle later.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User musikguy72's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Colorado, United States
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'2", 186 lbs
    Posts: 3,494
    Rep Power: 790
    musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit musikguy72's BodySpace
    musikguy72 is offline
    Originally Posted by Cosmology View Post
    1-2 lbs a week? That would take forever, I don't have much muscle right now anyways, I just don't want to be a flabby mess when I have time with my Girlfriend, my main goals are losing my belly and man boobs and love handles...then after that start to exercise to gain muscle and keep my eating habits in check.

    Another thing I'd like to note is that I was a very scronny person until about 4 years ago when I started gaining weight, I was always super skinny but I suddenly put on a massive amount of weight when i was 15, I'm almost 19 now.

    But yea, I just want to not have all this fat on me then worry about muscle later.
    Actually, 2 pounds per week is a little aggressive. Most people who don't want to lose the muscle mass they have will aim for about a pound a week.
    Patience. This stuff takes time. And there are tons of post on here of people who lost weight too fast and hate how they look.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User Cosmology's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    Cosmology is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Cosmology's BodySpace
    Cosmology is offline
    Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Actually, 2 pounds per week is a little aggressive. Most people who don't want to lose the muscle mass they have will aim for about a pound a week.
    Patience. This stuff takes time. And there are tons of post on here of people who lost weight too fast and hate how they look.
    I guess something like 20 weeks isn't so bad...for now can I just run as much as I can daily and just read up on proper nutrition?

    The hardest thing for me is that I don't decide what I eat, my dad makes our dinner and often times it can be something that clearly won't lose me weight, and he gets very offended when I don't eat most of my dinner...so I can't do something like 6 small meals a day, I honestly just have 1 meal a day then vegetable and fruit after that for the past week or so, I still get lots of protein because almost every dinner we have has meat, like a chicken breast or something.

    I am in a tough situation until I get a job and move out in about 2 months time.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User musikguy72's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Colorado, United States
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'2", 186 lbs
    Posts: 3,494
    Rep Power: 790
    musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) musikguy72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit musikguy72's BodySpace
    musikguy72 is offline
    Originally Posted by Cosmology View Post
    I guess something like 20 weeks isn't so bad...for now can I just run as much as I can daily and just read up on proper nutrition?

    The hardest thing for me is that I don't decide what I eat, my dad makes our dinner and often times it can be something that clearly won't lose me weight, and he gets very offended when I don't eat most of my dinner...so I can't do something like 6 small meals a day, I honestly just have 1 meal a day then vegetable and fruit after that for the past week or so, I still get lots of protein because almost every dinner we have has meat, like a chicken breast or something.

    I am in a tough situation until I get a job and move out in about 2 months time.
    Losing weight is about eating around 10% less than your daily maintenance (TDEE or TEE). You can still finish the plate your dad puts in front of you as long as before and after you monitor your calories and macro nutrients.
    Read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Cosmology's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    Cosmology is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Cosmology's BodySpace
    Cosmology is offline
    Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Losing weight is about eating around 10% less than your daily maintenance (TDEE or TEE). You can still finish the plate your dad puts in front of you as long as before and after you monitor your calories and macro nutrients.
    Read this:
    What you linked me is so overwhelming, IDK if I can follow that or use it to understand the amount of food I'm eating and what kinds and how much I should take in >.< isn't there a general rule I can use or something?
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User Cosmology's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    Cosmology is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Cosmology's BodySpace
    Cosmology is offline
    Originally Posted by Cosmology View Post
    What you linked me is so overwhelming, IDK if I can follow that or use it to understand the amount of food I'm eating and what kinds and how much I should take in >.< isn't there a general rule I can use or something?
    Anyone?
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. PBATEMAN2...BUSTIN ASS...215lbs..8%BF....ITS GOIN DOWN...
    By PBateman2 in forum Workout Journals
    Replies: 10030
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:27 PM
  2. Dallas, Texas BB thread
    By RDFinders in forum Personals - Meet Other Bodybuilders
    Replies: 595
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
  3. 3 months to get into beach shape
    By colinizballin in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 08:10 PM
  4. lean bulk vs dirty bulk
    By Hubscher in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  5. Bob Chick Help
    By 4evafit in forum IFBB Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout