Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BALADEVA will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thought this was relevant
    raw (no wraps)
    Squat/Bench/Dead
    562/374/594

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BALADEVA88/videos?view=0&flow=grid

disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by strengthsthetic View Post
    clarence kennedy squats 262.5kg at 18 years old natty after 3 years training.
    He's been training WLing specifically for 3 years, he's been squatting and training with weights for a few years longer than that. 0->262.5kg in 3 years sounds nearly impossible unless somebody weighed like 250lbs. I still don't think he's juicing tho.

strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dbk1 View Post
    zhang guozheng started olympic lifting when he was 9 years old.

9 YEARS OLD. what were you doing when you where 9? I know I wasn't hitting snatch positions with a broomstick.

could you imagine the pressure, the fear that these guys go through? Especially in a countries like China, Russia, Bulgaria, and Iran. You dedicate your entire life to a sport you love, you train through pain and injuries. Think about the pressure and the fear these guys must feel, knowing that your family is depending on you to be great. Can imagine what if would feel like to be a great lifter, to have put everything on the line and become successful at the sport, only to never have your dreams realized because someone else is lifting gold medal numbers, and you're only lifting bronze.

look in America, where becoming a full time lifter means putting yourself on extremely rocky financial ground. Jon North talks about how weightlifting has become his job, that its become so much of his life that he can't even imagine not walking into the gym. A lot of guys, including myself like to say, "oh look how lucky those guys are, all they get to do is train! I'm so jealous I would love to do that". When your life revolves around lifting 13x a week, devoting yourself to a sport that some people are trying to take out of the olympics, I mean thats got to be so tough.

performance enhancers in sports is not about cheating. Its a bunch of guys who have poured their entire lives into a sport doing whatever they can to survive in it.
    this is pretty much spot on

Originally Posted by disgorge89 View Post
    He's been training WLing specifically for 3 years, he's been squatting and training with weights for a few years longer than that. 0->262.5kg in 3 years sounds nearly impossible unless somebody weighed like 250lbs. I still don't think he's juicing tho.
    he was squatting about 120kg at 15

Registered User PretentiousKunt's Avatar
    PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) PretentiousKunt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by strengthsthetic View Post
    this is pretty much spot on

he was squatting about 120kg at 15
    quarter squatting (srs).
    negs 4 gold

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Blitzk View Post
    How can you act like the people dedicating their lives to training don't deserve their success, do you really feel that insecure?
    Because people that don't cheat also devote their lives with no reward because it was stolen from them by those that cheat.

Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    Yeah that's the only thing separating you from being a top competitor man. Not like these guys train since their early teens 2-4 times a day and dedicate their whole childhood to the sport or anything.
    Training when you are a kid and cheating are separate matters. I would be a much better lifter with another 10 years training but I would never want to become a fraud and cheat all my friends.

Originally Posted by dbk1 View Post
    zhang guozheng started olympic lifting when he was 9 years old.

9 YEARS OLD. what were you doing when you where 9? I know I wasn't hitting snatch positions with a broomstick.

could you imagine the pressure, the fear that these guys go through? Especially in a countries like China, Russia, Bulgaria, and Iran. You dedicate your entire life to a sport you love, you train through pain and injuries. Think about the pressure and the fear these guys must feel, knowing that your family is depending on you to be great. Can imagine what if would feel like to be a great lifter, to have put everything on the line and become successful at the sport, only to never have your dreams realized because someone else is lifting gold medal numbers, and you're only lifting bronze.

look in America, where becoming a full time lifter means putting yourself on extremely rocky financial ground. Jon North talks about how weightlifting has become his job, that its become so much of his life that he can't even imagine not walking into the gym. A lot of guys, including myself like to say, "oh look how lucky those guys are, all they get to do is train! I'm so jealous I would love to do that". When your life revolves around lifting 13x a week, devoting yourself to a sport that some people are trying to take out of the olympics, I mean thats got to be so tough.

performance enhancers in sports is not about cheating. Its a bunch of guys who have poured their entire lives into a sport doing whatever they can to survive in it.
    I was playing hand ball and video games when I was 9. What does that have to do with a person that devotes their life to a sport with no reward because it was stolen by an cheater.

QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000) QuarterRepCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Heavy_Beats View Post
    Because people that don't cheat also devote their lives with no reward because it was stolen from them by those that cheat.

Training when you are a kid and cheating are separate matters. I would be a much better lifter with another 10 years training but I would never want to become a fraud and cheat all my friends.

I was playing hand ball and video games when I was 9. What does that have to do with a person that devotes their life to a sport with no reward because it was stolen by an cheater.
    i dont think its cheating at all srs
    explain how it is cheating??

some people say sterons/perforamce enhancers are not "fair"

what exactly is "fair?"

some people are naturally born with higher levels of test, growth hormone, born with better symmetric spines that arent curved or arched, born with feet that dont have collapsing arches, born taller, born into better opportunity

steroids/growth hormone gives you an advantage at having higher test and higher growth hormone. that's it.

is Jamal Hikeem "cheating" because he was naturally born with more test/hormones than Lee-Lui Chin? (no racist)

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by QuarterRepCurls View Post
    i dont think its cheating at all srs
    explain how it is cheating??

some people say sterons/perforamce enhancers are not "fair"

what exactly is "fair?"

some people are naturally born with higher levels of test, growth hormone, born with better symmetric spines that arent curved or arched, born with feet that dont have collapsing arches, born taller, born into better opportunity

steroids/growth hormone gives you an advantage at having higher test and higher growth hormone. that's it.

is Jamal Hikeem "cheating" because he was naturally born with more test/hormones than Lee-Lui Chin? (no racist)
    wut?

It's cheating because it's against the rules regardless of whether or not everyone else at that level is doing it. Just because you do what you have to do to get to that level doesn't mean you're not breaking the rules/cheating. I have no idea what you were trying to say with your post.

Now, if I go to a powerlifting meet in a federation that doesn't test or say anywhere in the rule book that I'm not allowed to use certain things and I use and another competitor within the same meet who doesn't use cries that I only won because I use certain things, then yeah, I'm not cheating because I didn't break any rules within that federation.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    wut?

It's cheating because it's against the rules regardless of whether or not everyone else at that level is doing it. Just because you do what you have to do to get to that level doesn't mean you're not breaking the rules/cheating. I have no idea what you were trying to say with your post.

Now, if I go to a powerlifting meet in a federation that doesn't test or say anywhere in the rule book that I'm not allowed to use certain things and I use and another competitor within the same meet who doesn't use cries that I only won because I use certain things, then yeah, I'm not cheating because I didn't break any rules within that federation.
    My thoughts exactly.

As far as I'm concerned if you can't follow all the rules 100% of the time, then don't take part in the sport.

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gods, drugs, and the purity of sport

The internet is abuzz with the current ****storm surrounding USAW. I speak of nothing other than the sanction by USADA (the US Anti-Doping Agency) of a couple of American weightlifters for using banned substances. For those of you curious to know the identities of the athletes and the substances, feel free to pop over to http://www.usada.org/sanctions/. At present (mid-April) only one athlete is listed, but if the other athlete’s coach is correct then it is only a matter of time before the other athlete is listed.

The source of my concern is not the test results. Some people use performance enhancers–banned or otherwise–and some don’t. If you use the banned stuff there’s a chance you will be caught, and the vast majority of people are well aware of this. Even if you don’t use them there’s a fair chance you will be caught for something, as the list of USADA- and WADA-prohibited substances now reads like the phonebook.

The issue is the horde of holier-than-thou, self-christened saints who are now raising all kinds of interweb hell, preaching their gospel of well-worn cliches against the dangers and disgraces of drug usage. As can be expected anytime someone fails to meet a set of abstract and arbitrary moral standards, the self-righteous are loudly beating their breasts in opposition.

read more here:
    http://themint400.wordpress.com/2012...rity-of-sport/

LTDshred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LTDshred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wut?

Basically you're saying its only cheating when you get caught. Yet, other countries use masking drugs and get away with it all the time. Glenn Pendlay has talked to some other olympic coaches and they say that donny shankle could be great with their "medicine".

I'm not justifying the use of steroids, but I do sympathize with the pressure Pat and josh go through, especially when pat suffered shoulder injurys, even the more temptation to use them.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LTDshred View Post
    Basically you're saying its only cheating when you get caught. Yet, other countries use masking drugs and get away with it all the time. Glenn Pendlay has talked to some other olympic coaches and they say that donny shankle could be great with their "medicine".

I'm not justifying the use of steroids, but I do sympathize with the pressure Pat and josh go through, especially when pat suffered shoulder injurys, even the more temptation to use them.
    No I'm not. I'm saying it's cheating plain and simple whether you get caught or not, regardless of whether or not everyone else is doing it, etc. I wrote that because the post I was responding to said that it wasn't cheating if you take stuff. He also said "explain how it's cheating". Well, in the rule book it says so. That's all I was saying.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No I'm not. I'm saying it's cheating plain and simple whether you get caught or not, regardless of whether or not everyone else is doing it, etc. I wrote that because the post I was responding to said that it wasn't cheating if you take stuff. He also said "explain how it's cheating". Well, in the rule book it says so. That's all I was saying.
    Some rules should be changed. Or a new federation started.

My question to everyone is if the rules were changed would you still be anti-suplements

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisJones999 View Post
    Some rules should be changed. Or a new federation started.

My question to everyone is if the rules were changed would you still be anti-suplements
    I think this debate would go on forever with the spectators who don't lift/general public being harshly "anti-supplementation". Lets just enjoy the sport as is right now. As far as I can tell it's on the upward trend in popularity.
    Misc Strength Crew

Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    I think this debate would go on forever with the spectators who don't lift/general public being harshly "anti-supplementation". Lets just enjoy the sport as is right now. As far as I can tell it's on the upward trend in popularity.
    Agreed!
    With Glen comming to SC and the and the growth of Crossfit I think in 5 years were going to see some serious competitors.

I would love to see more oly programs in high schools even completion between schools.

**** I'd like to see lifting programs in the juvenile detention facility. Some kids are there for 2-3 years. School, lifting, eat, sleep and church. They would come home changed for the better and ready to hit compition platform's