arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

starting strength 5x5 or Jim Stoppani's Shortcut To Size?

i know most/all of you will say start out with SS 5x5 first.

but my question is, for how long? you cant really do two progs concurrently (IMO) and give your 100% for both of them.

and for those who stick with SS 5x5, dont you get bored, not doing dumbbell presses, calf raises, and lunges (for example), or is 5x5 able to work for your whole body?

thanks

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long have you been on SS for?

You usually stop once you've plateaued.
    Misc Cologne Crew

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Starting strength and 5x5 are good opotions.

I added calf raises, bicep curls, shrugs, into my routine lol.

carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can tell you have not done any reading on Starting Strength because it is not a 5x5 program. Madcow's intermediate and Bill Starr's advanced are 5x5's.

Do Starting Strength.
    IN

spot for sale

arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10) arthritis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by carlostherock View Post
    I can tell you have not done any reading on Starting Strength because it is not a 5x5 program. Madcow's intermediate and Bill Starr's advanced are 5x5's.

Do Starting Strength.
    no i actually have. i just got confused with stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength, as they're both recommended to newbies.

thanks

my question was when would i "graduate" from stronglifts / SS, and go on to do other programs?

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by arthritis View Post
    no i actually have. i just got confused with stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength, as they're both recommended to newbies.

thanks

my question was when would i "graduate" from stronglifts / SS, and go on to do other programs?

in about 4.244 months
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Originally Posted by allergic2rice View Post
    in about 4.244 months
    troll or serious answer?

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    troll or serious answer?
    troll or serious question?

how do you expect someone to tell you exactly when you will stop being able to progress on a certain program.
    juice SS until you can't get another ounce of gains from it. (this means you will run it multiple times with multiple deloads)
    if you don't know what deloads are, go to the Exercise section and look at the sticky
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Originally Posted by allergic2rice View Post
    troll or serious question?

how do you expect someone to tell you exactly when you will stop being able to progress on a certain program.
    juice SS until you can't get another ounce of gains from it. (this means you will run it multiple times with multiple deloads)
    if you don't know what deloads are, go to the Exercise section and look at the sticky
    i know what deloads are.

i think you could have simply just stated "juice SS until you can't get another ounce of gains from it".

i didn't know whether to do SS until i could bench xxx lbs or squat xxx lbs, or until i plateau, or various other reasons.

thanks anyway.

do you guys often do SS / stronglifts 5x5 until no more progress can be made? how do you cope with the doing the same few exercises in/out?

Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heiheii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did SS for 3 months then added on exercises to cater to my goals. Added more military because military will contribute to my bench press, added in more back work and tricep work.

At the moment i'm doing 3 main lifts every session with 3-4 assistance lifts as well. This is working really well for me. But stick with SS for at least 3 months, if you do it properly you won't regret it. The main point is to become familiar with the lifts you are using and this is for good reason. Their more important than any free weights, cable or machine work

Originally Posted by Heiheii View Post
    I did SS for 3 months then added on exercises to cater to my goals. Added more military because military will contribute to my bench press, added in more back work and tricep work.

At the moment i'm doing 3 main lifts every session with 3-4 assistance lifts as well. This is working really well for me. But stick with SS for at least 3 months, if you do it properly you won't regret it. The main point is to become familiar with the lifts you are using and this is for good reason. Their more important than any free weights, cable or machine work
    thanks for sharing your experience. if i understand correctly, you did the SS while adding in your own exercises, is that right? the 3 months that you recommend me to do SS for, purely SS, or am i able to add in my own exercises?

my concern is that though i put in my 100% for SS, i still have energy remaining to do other exercises.

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    once the weight gets heavy enough you won't have the energy left to do other exercises, the reason other exercises aren't in the program is because they will interfere with the recovery.

remember, once you start throwing in your own shhit then it's not SS anymore, it's a program you're messing around with.

trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000)

my concern is that though i put in my 100% for SS, i still have energy remaining to do other exercises.
    I guarantee that after a few sessions, you will not have any energy left. SS is a VERY demanding program, don't let the lack of exercises fool you. Every muscle gets hit in SS, except biceps. So add 2 - 3 sets of curls on one of the work outs.. thats it.

AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    SS isn't 5x5 bro.

teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    push/pull/legs/repeat focus mainly on big compounds and progress every session on the main lifts (bench, squat, deadlift, military press and some form of row)
    Rest In Peace Alex James Williams aka wygdwicfy. You will be forever missed man.

Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    people often say run SS until you have a 225 bench 330 squat and 405 dead