Yooperman7407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest Excercises

I read in a few different magazines that it is really only beneficial to do incline excercises to get a nicely shaped chest as it went on to say that many people have an "over developed" lower chest and this is what creates the appearance of "man boobs". I have only exclusivly been doing inclines chest exercises (presses, flyes) for the last 4 months or so and have seen nice shaping in the upper chest but i'm not sure if doing some flat bench exercises may even help shape better, I just don't want to over develop my lower chest and develop "man boobs". What are your guy's opinions/ideas for a nicely shaped chest?

Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Flat bench also works out your upper chest, just not as much. For my chest workout I do; 4x12 flat and 4x12 incline. Aslong as you don't do decline bench you shouldn't get the look of man boobs.

XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dude....man boobs is fat, or ginecomastia ...

I've been doing decline bench press for a pretty long time (bro-science dictates that it will grow your man boobs).....I don't have man boobs.

Bodybuilding (even at a beginner level) dictates that you use a complex of exercises to achieve the best results .

Some have bad upper chest development, some have bad lower chest development, some have bad middle chest tie ins (pectoralis major too far apart, or "farther apart than they would want").

Given that, you should try more angles from time to time .
    If your body cannot handle it, make sure sheer willpower will.....

HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HairyMerkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always thought it was broscience that decline was bad. If you want better chest it needs to be all around bigger ie progression in flys and bench

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by XADO View Post
    Dude....man boobs is fat, or ginecomastia ...

I've been doing decline bench press for a pretty long time (bro-science dictates that it will grow your man boobs).....I don't have man boobs.

Bodybuilding (even at a beginner level) dictates that you use a complex of exercises to achieve the best results .

Some have bad upper chest development, some have bad lower chest development, some have bad middle chest tie ins (pectoralis major too far apart, or "farther apart than they would want").

Given that, you should try more angles from time to time .
    This ^

And This v

Originally Posted by HairyMerkin View Post
    I always thought it was broscience that decline was bad. If you want better chest it needs to be all around bigger ie progression in flys and bench

iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Yooperman7407 View Post
    I read in a few different magazines that it is really only beneficial to do incline excercises to get a nicely shaped chest as it went on to say that many people have an "over developed" lower chest and this is what creates the appearance of "man boobs". I have only exclusivly been doing inclines chest exercises (presses, flyes) for the last 4 months or so and have seen nice shaping in the upper chest but i'm not sure if doing some flat bench exercises may even help shape better, I just don't want to over develop my lower chest and develop "man boobs". What are your guy's opinions/ideas for a nicely shaped chest?
    Too many people worry about the minor details of developing a good physique, far too early in their training life.

I know nothing about the OP, but just focus on the exercises that are going to best grow your pecs overall.

For any muscle, just get that thing bigger and it will fill out and look better.

After you've been training for 10 years and the judges on a bodybuilding stage tell you you need a little more upper chest, then worry about it.
    ((((()-----------((((()

http://www.********.com/skinnyaaroncurtis

Calorie Surplus + Progressive Overload x Years Training = Continuous Gains. UMAD GH15?

"My BeNcH pReSs BrInGs All ThE GirLs To ThE yArD, n ThEy'Re LiKe, YoUr PeCs ArE LaRgE, dAmN rIgHt My PeCs ArE LaRgE, u CaN tOuCh ThEm, bUt IlL hAvE tO cHaRgE."

GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by iron_curtis View Post
    too many people worry about the minor details of developing a good physique, far too early in their training life.

I know nothing about the op, but just focus on the exercises that are going to best grow your pecs overall.

For any muscle, just get that thing bigger and it will fill out and look better.

After you've been training for 10 years and the judges on a bodybuilding stage tell you you need a little more upper chest, then worry about it.
    exactly!!!
    You don't need designer workout equipment to be a BEAST!

"You can't out supplement a poor diet." - Valhallabound86

If I had Iron will and John G as my trainers I would win MR O title no doubt. SRS!!! Those guys through age and experience KNOW what they are talking about so LISTEN TO WHAT THEY TELL YOU HOMIE!

Yooperman7407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iron_curtis View Post
    Too many people worry about the minor details of developing a good physique, far too early in their training life.

I know nothing about the OP, but just focus on the exercises that are going to best grow your pecs overall.

I guess I should have given you my background since i'm kinda new to the site but not to lifting. I am 6'0 last year at this time I weighed about 225 lbs, I am now down to about 195 as I was trying to lose fat and gain muscle together rather than just diet and lose all muscle. I am very happy with my progress thus far and am now trying to get the minor details down. I have gained nice upper chest definition doing only incline chest excercises for the last i would say 6 months. I was thinking about throwing some flat bench stuff back in the mix this coming week, I was just worried because I used to only do flat bench stuff about 3 years ago and saw no chest development and didn't like how it looked at all, but that also could have been because I was 30lbs heavier then. More opions welcome with this new information. Thanks guys!