badmajon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When do supplements become necessary?

As it's my first post I am not trying to start a flame war, troll or upset anyone. I am just wondering if I or anyone else in my situation should buy supplements. Everyone I know that is really into working out loves their supplements and I know people who easily spend a few hundred dollars if not more a month on the stuff. It's their primary hobby/sport, they are totally into it and their body is what dough is to a baker or paint is to an artist.

However, I'm not really that into it. I want to look good, and I'd love to look like an underwear model, but I have no desire to get huge or spend every waking moment in the gym or thinking about the gym. Like I said, it's more of a casual interest to me.

Right now I go to the gym about 4 times a week, I'm in reasonably good shape, body fat pretty low and I have a good diet. However, I'm finding it hard to make gains and I haven't seen much improvement in the mirror. I've decided to switch up my routine. At what point do you know you need to start taking supplements? Right now I don't even eat extra protein or anything. I'm just wondering if I have some kind of nutrient deficiency or if I need to start taking supplements. Is it possible to look reasonably good and not take them or am I just kidding myself here?

bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Age? Height? Weight? Goals (other than looking like an underwear model)? Diet? Have you used any supplements in the past? Gym splits? (other than 4 days a week).

This should help us help you
    Controlled Labs White Flood / GlycerGrow pre-workout Cocktail review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143520763&p=855787103#post855787103

Change your life by watching these!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Reppin back 100% | Message me if I owe you reps

Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't need supplements, they can be used to fill a deficiency somewhere in your diet / to enhance your performance / body composition.

Example, if you eat everything on the food pyramid you should be eating then you most likely do not need a multivitamin. If you diet is not 100% spot on, micronutrient insurance like a multivitamin can be beneficial.

CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Trans_Isomer View Post
    You don't need supplements, they can be used to fill a deficiency somewhere in your diet / to enhance your performance / body composition.

Example, if you eat everything on the food pyramid you should be eating then you most likely do not need a multivitamin. If you diet is not 100% spot on, micronutrient insurance like a multivitamin can be beneficial.
    This right hurr.

Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rayski1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by badmajon View Post
    As it's my first post I am not trying to start a flame war, troll or upset anyone. I am just wondering if I or anyone else in my situation should buy supplements. Everyone I know that is really into working out loves their supplements and I know people who easily spend a few hundred dollars if not more a month on the stuff. It's their primary hobby/sport, they are totally into it and their body is what dough is to a baker or paint is to an artist.

However, I'm not really that into it. I want to look good, and I'd love to look like an underwear model, but I have no desire to get huge or spend every waking moment in the gym or thinking about the gym. Like I said, it's more of a casual interest to me.

Right now I go to the gym about 4 times a week, I'm in reasonably good shape, body fat pretty low and I have a good diet. However, I'm finding it hard to make gains and I haven't seen much improvement in the mirror. I've decided to switch up my routine. At what point do you know you need to start taking supplements? Right now I don't even eat extra protein or anything. I'm just wondering if I have some kind of nutrient deficiency or if I need to start taking supplements. Is it possible to look reasonably good and not take them or am I just kidding myself here?
    There's only a few supplements that you "need", and I use that term loosely. I'd advise you to invest in a good multivitamin like NOW ADAM, and a 20g protein shake for before and after workouts. (Dymatize Natural Protein Isolate). Also, you should be taking an omega-3 fish oil supplement. If you want to take it a step further, and you are on an intense workout regimen, you could use micronized creatine in the morning and pwo, and casein before you go to bed.

filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100) filpula is not very well liked. (-100)
    good question

ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rayski1 View Post
    There's only a few supplements that you "need", and I use that term loosely. I'd advise you to invest in a good multivitamin like NOW ADAM, and a 20g protein shake for before and after workouts. (Dymatize Natural Protein Isolate). Also, you should be taking an omega-3 fish oil supplement. If you want to take it a step further, and you are on an intense workout regimen, you could use micronized creatine in the morning and pwo, and casein before you go to bed.
    -No need for a multivitamin
    -No need for a protein supplement, it is entirely plausible to get enough from food.
    -No need for a shake before workout
    -No need for a shake post workout
    -No need for casein before bed
    -No need for creatine in the morning AND pre workout
    -Could potentially get Omega 3 from a diet rich in fish

So, you don't NEED any supplements, ever, really.