Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stats: 6'2", 210 lbs
    kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit kusok's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
    You do'nt see how 1 state government vs 300 local governments is centralizing power?
    exactly. We need to DEcentralize the government by giving more power to states and less to feds. You're either drunk, or trolling/joking. (or both)

Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Shoesfly has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Shoesfly's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by b.spencer View Post
    Then, we are working from different definitions of "centralized." To me, centralization has nothing at all to do with geography or "bigger" or "smaller" as you seem to define it. Rather, a centralized government has more powers than a decentralized one. Therefore, by simply transferring powers from one "level" to "another" all you do is move centralization from one "level" to another. A bigger government has more powers. A smaller government has less powers. The level of government makes no difference at all to that.

The powers placed into the hands of any government is the issue, not what particular part or level of government has the powers.
    Centralization refers to the hierarchy of government. How many tiers you have to go through, to reach the people with power. De-centralizing means moving it closer to the individual. Centralizing means putting more obstacles between the individual and the governing institution.

Here's the merriam webster dictionary definition:

de·cen·tral·i·za·tion
    : the dispersion or distribution of functions and powers; specifically : the delegation of power from a central authority to regional and local authorities

Resident Hall & Oates Fan op135's Avatar
    op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) op135 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO

It explains the purpose of having a decentralized govt

Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Stizzel has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    exactly. We need to DEcentralize the government by giving more power to states and less to feds. You're either drunk, or trolling/joking. (or both)
    What we need to end is the asinine idea that we can violate the non aggression principle with any beneficial result.

See below:

Originally Posted by op135 View Post
    EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO

It explains the purpose of having a decentralized govt

I define anarchist society as one where there is no legal possibility for coercive aggression against the person or property of an individual. - Rothbard

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. - Orwell

Sometimes it's said that man cannot be trusted with government of himself. Can he then be trusted with government of others? - Jefferson

Stats: 6'0", 205 lbs
    BodyPoints: 21790
    b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) b.spencer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit b.spencer's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Shoesfly View Post
    Centralization refers to the hierarchy of government. How many tiers you have to go through, to reach the people with power. De-centralizing means moving it closer to the individual. Centralizing means putting more obstacles between the individual and the governing institution.

Here's the merriam webster dictionary definition:
    In reality, there is no hierarchy of government. There is one government. You may subdivide it as you wish into an illusion of hierarchy, but there is only one. Decentralization if the above terms is no different than when I transfer money between my personal accounts in my bank. No matter how they are spread through my accounts, the dollars are still in that particular bank. I have the same "net purchasing power" within that bank. The only way I change that power is to add to the accounts or remove from the accounts -- add to the bank or remove from the bank.

Power will always be centralized. It is always concentrated somewhere. The question is who or what is the central authority that delegates power? Is it government or is it the individual? IMO, I would hope we both would agree it is the individual, not any government or any grouping of "the people." The issue is that there are far too many powers that have been centralized in the hands of government period, when they should be centralized in the hands of the individual.

Rather than transfer powers between accounts of government -- it's time to remove powers from government all together.

Stats: 5'10", 163 lbs
    BodyPoints: 7796
    ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZenBowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ZenBowman's BodySpace
    In reality, there is no hierarchy of government. There is one government. You may subdivide it as you wish into an illusion of hierarchy, but there is only one. Decentralization if the above terms is no different than when I transfer money between my personal accounts in my bank. No matter how they are spread through my accounts, the dollars are still in that particular bank. I have the same "net purchasing power" within that bank. The only way I change that power is to add to the accounts or remove from the accounts -- add to the bank or remove from the bank.

Power will always be centralized. It is always concentrated somewhere. The question is who or what is the central authority that delegates power? Is it government or is it the individual? IMO, I would hope we both would agree it is the individual, not any government or any grouping of "the people." The issue is that there are far too many powers that have been centralized in the hands of government period, when they should be centralized in the hands of the individual.

Rather than transfer powers between accounts of government -- it's time to remove powers from government all together.
    Exactly.
    Squat toilet guru: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136590191

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others.
    - Jon Postel

Stats: 6'1", 229 lbs
    BodyPoints: 13627
    Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Calhexas has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Calhexas's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Beeewbs View Post
    Well, seeing as how no one is electing better governors in redneck states and they continue to want to oppress people, that's clearly not reality. Seeking change through the court system and protesting doesn't work either. The federal government is the only thing holding back some of these oppressive states. And saying people could just move is stupid. It's not as easy as that and people should have to flee because the crappy government is oppressive. And RP doesn't even give a crap about states rights, seeing as how he signed a pledge to ban things on a federal level. Give it up already.

Fact: Ron Paul is against abortion and wants to see it banned.

http://www.ontheissues.org/tx/Ron_Paul_Abortion.htm

Ron Paul signs personhood pledge
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/2...ty-presidency/

http://www.personhoodusa.com/blog/pe...ndidate-pledge

http://www.examiner.com/conservative...fe-dr-ron-paul

1981 proposed bill for life beginning at conception
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@L&summ2=m&
    I lol everytime Beewbs shows up with his copy/pasta. You know this is all saved in a word doc on his desktop under some hilariously mad heading like "Paultard ownage" and he's just itching to paste it anytime he sees the name "Ron Paul" online.

Stats: 6'0", 203 lbs
    BodyPoints: 933
    hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hooked4life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit hooked4life's BodySpace

so much this
    "And Those Who Were Seen Dancing Were Thought to be Insane by Those Who Could Not Hear the Music."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2