Mr_Stucko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to stop having chicken legs??

I'm starting to get back into working out now that I have 4months off from school and I have one major goal among getting stronger and adding mass is to get rid of my chicken legs. I hate them to the point where I avoid wearing shorts outside due to self consciousness, I play ice hockey and have strong and muscular but thin thighs. What can I do to get rid of them? I haven't been to the gym in almost a year due to school and before that sickness, and even when I was going I was seeing gains everywhere except my legs. I hope you guys can provide some good advice, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mr_Stucko; 04-14-2012 at 12:03 AM.

IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Squats. Squats and more squats. Start off light and work them twice a week (it is half your body) ake sure you focus on form first and the deeper the better.

Mr_Stucko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IL-Lifter View Post
    Squats. Squats and more squats. Start off light and work them twice a week (it is half your body) ake sure you focus on form first and the deeper the better.
    If I'm not mistaken, don't squats target the muscles in your thighs? Or do they help the calves gain mass as well?

ImDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had skinny legs, too. Squats do help... a lot. Leg Extensions are great, too. Really, if you just have an all-around good leg workout, they will grow. My regimen is simple, Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions and Leg Curls. Sets are 5x5x4x4 respectively. As for calves, I train them 2-3 times a week. High reps and different angles. Donkey Calf Raises and Seated-Calf Raises really helped me.

Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Squats, SLDL, any form of weighted calf raise, eat more.

Originally Posted by Mr_Stucko View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, don't squats target the muscles in your thighs? Or do they help the calves gain mass as well?
    Squats are primarily for quads, but they are also a solid workout for glutes, spinal erectors, and adductors. To a lesser extent, they work calves, hamstrings, abdominals, and obliques. If the calves didn't do work at all, there would be nothing stopping your knees from hitting the ground, but the calf work isn't direct enough to feel like you don't need a little bit of accessory calf exercises.

Rise Of The Weak Squatter GinjaNinja85's Avatar
    Location: Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Squat DEEP.
    Powerlifter 160/100/195/455kg @ 91.55
    137.5/97.5/195/430kg @ 82.7

Boxer 5-1

Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sickvtec101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squats, leg press, calf exercises

NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squat heavy and go through pain and get that extra rep

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm starting to get back into working out now that I have 4months off from school and I have one major goal among getting stronger and adding mass is to get rid of my chicken legs. I hate them to the point where I avoid wearing shorts outside due to self consciousness, I play ice hockey and have strong and muscular but thin thighs. What can I do to get rid of them? I haven't been to the gym in almost a year due to school and before that sickness, and even when I was going I was seeing gains everywhere except my legs. I hope you guys can provide some good advice, thanks in advance.
    AllPro's Beginners Routine is not only an all around good routine for bulking up, but it has you doing squats, SLDL, and calf raises 3 times per week.

Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100) Jolts is not very well liked. (-100)
    The real answer is you need to eat more. Obviously good leg training is necessary also, but if you don't eat you won't gain.(Every skinny guy I know who wants to get bigger thinks lifting 5 times a week solves the problem but it doesn't...eating does)

Pactown818 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Run up and down stairs

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That was worth the 2 year bump

Hardgainer671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah it was

BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Calves get worked by anything that works your hamstrings.