Thread: Dress Clothes?

Margarita202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dress Clothes?

Anyone have any good leads on places to shop for button down dress shirts that leave enough room? I'm a beginner (about 3 months in) and had to wear a long sleeve button down dress shirt today for the first time and it was super tight in the arms and shoulders! I'm also blessed with big boobs, so these shirts have never been easy to find... But now, they're even more difficult!

Anyone have any idea where to find shirts that are classic fit (not too fitted), but ROOMY enough so I can move my arms without feeling like I'm about to bust a seam? Or, any other ideas you have for dress clothing that's not short sleeved? I wear short sleeves every single day of the year, but on the rare occasion I have to wear long sleeves I need a viable alternative.

redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz
    Try Banana Republic. They have several different styles of dress shirts that work well with larger upper bodies (chest, shoulders, arms, etc.) And ALWAYS go at least a size up! I typically wear a size 8/10 dress, but I wear a 12/14 in dress shirts, otherwise there is a serious gap-age problem!
    Train hard, train smart, have fun!

"I'm not autistic- I'm ARTISTIC." - etet1919

JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JenMc14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Button down dress shirts never looked right on me when I was bigger. Large-ish bust, but smaller frame, I think was the main issue. I haven't even really tried one now that I lost weight. I wear suits at work a lot, and under them for "dress clothes", I like a thin sweater for long sleeves. You can also possibly "get away with" a nicer looking t-shirt, I do that sometimes, too. I have some really great sweaters I love right now from Anny Taylor. I really like them because they look nice with my suits, with a skirt or slacks and with jeans, so for me, they're versatile and I get a lot of bang for my buck.

If you really want a button down shirt, you might want to consider talking to a tailor. You could buy a shirt that fits in the shoulders and chest, then have it taken in at the waist, perhaps. I'm not sure how economical that would be, though.

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually have 2 from Banana Republic which are the military kind of looking ones. Love them!
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal