rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

70 Bucks and out of protein powder, tight budget, PLEASE HALP!

If you think about it, you burn glucose/fat/muscle/ usually after an hour workout you will be lucky/unlucky to be burning fat stage, therefore why is it necessary to take protein immediately right after a workout opposed to going home, eating your carbs/fat/protein meal?

Does this even make sense to some of you? srs questions are srs.

Should I

A. Either buy another month supply of INTEK EVOLUTION 34gram protein per scoop with whey/casein which cost 60 bucks

OR

B. Buy walmart brand 20 dollar month supply of whey protein (and only use right after workout) and buy 60 large eggs and use egg whites/yolk for post workout protein

If I did the math 34(p)x60 servings= roughly 2000 grams protein which is 100% bio whey and some casein

Or go with 20g scoop whey from walmart which is 100% bio and only whey (for after workout) and just eat eggs which is 100% bio and I can buy 5 dozen eggs (60) so 60x7=420 for 6 bucks=/=60 bucks would get me 4200 grams of protein compared to 2000 grams..

Please respond my body is in possible danger

Thanks.

rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rorschachsbible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Does anyone even exist in the nutrition section? Please respond.

Will leave a nice detailed message of appreciation when I approve your message(s), thanks.

Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There isn't a short-term window to get your protein/carbs in after a workout. I'll find the source and quote it.

Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I drink protein right after workouts, because it helps fill my macros, is an easy way to get extra fuel before my afternoon classes, and I honestly just think its good tasting.. Other than that, Deutscher32 is right.. No window really exists. Hit macros by the end of the day and you're golden

Originally Posted by Deutscher32 View Post
    There isn't a short-term window to get your protein/carbs in after a workout. I'll find the source and quote it.

Would make sense of carb re load since you use glycogen first right? I have a hard time believing "protein powder" which is 10x more expensive than food (most/some) you have to take exactly right after working out because you have the "30 minute window" to shove in as many nutrients as humanly possible and it is only possible if you buy and consume protein powder (whey) but yet your body is already swimming full of AA's/protein?

So protein powder is a complete scam and money should go into more frozen chickens/eggs/food?

I fallow IIFYM and i'm sure any other intelligent person does but yet 95% of these people have protein powder on their shelfs? Please explain

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's not a scam, it's a convenience, that's all. I shoot for 160grams of protein per day, but sometimes it's hard to get that much from whole foods. I toss a scoop in with some almond milk, and bang, it's done.

It's also a pretty calorie-efficient way to meet protein requirements while staying in my calorie deficit.

But it's not cheap, convenience rarely is. If you want cheap protein, eat tuna.

Would make sense of carb re load since you use glycogen first right? I have a hard time believing "protein powder" which is 10x more expensive than food (most/some) you have to take exactly right after working out because you have the "30 minute window" to shove in as many nutrients as humanly possible and it is only possible if you buy and consume protein powder (whey) but yet your body is already swimming full of AA's/protein?

So protein powder is a complete scam and money should go into more frozen chickens/eggs/food?

I fallow IIFYM and i'm sure any other intelligent person does but yet 95% of these people have protein powder on their shelf's? Please explain

Bump come on brahs.

Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000) Deutscher32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rorschachsbible View Post

I fallow IIFYM and i'm sure any other intelligent person does but yet 95% of these people have protein powder on their shelfs? Please explain
    I'm currently cutting and according to Emma-Leigh, I should be consuming 180g protein per day, I struggle to get 150g per day (w/ 1 serve of powder), I got roped into getting hydrolised whey because it's more broken down and gets absorbed faster.. my serving costs $2 ! (once this runs out I got WPC ($0.80 per serve @ 29.5g protein per serve). So if you get bulk or cheap powder i think it works out cheaper but you don't want to base your entire meals on powder. While cutting I'm finding it hard to eat protein foods with minimal fats... like I've been eating unsalted peanuts but the fat content is still high & I eat tuna but the fat still adds up.. so taking the powder is helpful.

Edit: eating 6 whole eggs gets me: 360cals, 27.3g Fat, 34.5g Protein & costs me $1.00 but it's almost half my daily fat intake right there (70g). So for me it's really to keep my fat intake close to recommended while still trying to get protein.
    Last edited by Deutscher32; 04-12-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    It's not a scam, it's a convenience, that's all. I shoot for 160grams of protein per day, but sometimes it's hard to get that much from whole foods. I toss a scoop in with some almond milk, and bang, it's done.

It's also a pretty calorie-efficient way to meet protein requirements while staying in my calorie deficit.

But it's not cheap, convenience rarely is. If you want cheap protein, eat tuna.
    Convenience in what way? I can eat a whole chicken breast/can of tuna with water the same time I could drink a disgusting shake that is more expensive.

I don't understand how 95% of people own protein powder/buy 5 pounds a month when food is cheaper, better, more nutrients, and if you really wanted to can consume it just as quick as protein powder for "convenience"

K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) K1ngRippa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Convenience in what way?
    You carry your can opener with you everywere to? What's yours named?

Convenience in what way? I can eat a whole chicken breast/can of tuna with water the same time I could drink a disgusting shake that is more expensive.
    what foods do you think is best protein to fat ratio? I eat 1-2 cans of tuna a day. my tuna costs $1.00ea - 165 calories, 10.2g fat, 18.3g protein.

If I ate 7 cans of tuna in 1 day it would reach my fat intake and I'd only have 128g of protein (~60g short).

regarding the taste... my current hydrolised whey is chocolate flavour (no branded generic protein (I don't pay for fancy labels)) tastes like chocolate cake mixture

acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Convenience for me because consuming 200 grams of protein can be tricky somedays. Couple of scoops goes a long way towards meeting my needs.

Originally Posted by K1ngRippa View Post
    You carry your can opener with you everywere to? What's yours named?
    I call her Cannopy and she waits in my car all day long until I use her, shes such a tool.

Originally Posted by acguy73 View Post
    Convenience for me because consuming 200 grams of protein can be tricky somedays. Couple of scoops goes a long way towards meeting my needs.
    I could eat 200 grams of protein in two 1 pound steaks in only two sittings while wondering what to do for the next 11 and a half hours, just saying.
    But if you broke it down to someone who is not lazy (not saying you are nor intentionally trying to insult someone) whey protein is completely useless and a scam?

what foods do you think is best protein to fat ratio? I eat 1-2 cans of tuna a day. my tuna costs $1.00ea - 165 calories, 10.2g fat, 18.3g protein.

If I ate 7 cans of tuna in 1 day it would reach my fat intake and I'd only have 128g of protein (~60g short).

regarding the taste... my current hydrolised whey is chocolate flavour (no branded generic protein (I don't pay for fancy labels)) tastes like chocolate cake mixture

Damn brah I get like 45 grams of protein per can for me so if I were to use tuna all day it would take about 3 and a half cans and take roughly 30 minutes to eat all my protein for the day.

I do like the chocolate cake mixture/peanut butter/etc taste but in the end is it worth it?

I could eat 200 grams of protein in two 1 pound steaks in only two sittings while wondering what to do for the next 11 and a half hours, just saying.
    But if you broke it down to someone who is not lazy (not saying you are nor intentionally trying to insult someone) whey protein is completely useless and a scam?
    Protein powder is not a scam, sponsored protein manufacturers (like the ufc one) aren't scams either.. they just rip you off. I like the non-branded ones. If you can find a cheaper source of protein and it still fits in with your other macros good for you, do it.

For instance.. In Australia (current catalogue from woolworths) our special for scotch fillet is $25.98 per kilo. I'd need to eat (if nothing else for the day) 4x 100g scotch fillet to get my 184g protein... this would be $10.39. while (if I ate only protein powder)... $0.80 per 29.5g protein = 6 servings (177g protein) would cost me $4.80. It's kind of a stupid example but meat would cost me twice as much as the whey would.

Edit: but once again I'm not saying only eat supplements...

Damn brah I get like 45 grams of protein per can for me so if I were to use tuna all day it would take about 3 and a half cans and take roughly 30 minutes to eat all my protein for the day.

I do like the chocolate cake mixture/peanut butter/etc taste but in the end is it worth it?
    lol I think our can sizes are different. our standard is 95g. they are normally close to $1.50ea not on special (but been $1.00 on special @ different stores so I bought heaps).

lol I think our can sizes are different. our standard is 95g. they are normally close to $1.50ea not on special (but been $1.00 on special @ different stores so I bought heaps).
    Haha yeah I have cans that are 3.5 servings with 14 gram protein ea serving I got 8 cans for like 6-7 bucks? I cant stand tuna anymore unless its the yellowfin tuna and a grill...with lemon....and pepper....

Haha yeah I have cans that are 3.5 servings with 14 gram protein ea serving I got 8 cans for like 6-7 bucks? I cant stand tuna anymore unless its the yellowfin tuna and a grill...with lemon....and pepper....
    I swear we in Australia just get F***ed over in everything :P even our meat is expensive! Biggest can of Tuna is a shop branded (Woolworths HomeBrand) which is 425g for $4.29 PER CAN!

acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acguy73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Exact opposite. I'm lucky to get home by 7 some nights, busy schedule.

Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anyone even exist in the nutrition section? Please respond.

Will leave a nice detailed message of appreciation when I approve your message(s), thanks.
    Please wait more than 9 minutes for a response before double posting, thanks.

Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nizyo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein powder >> all when it comes to convenience and price. Just got to buy the right stuff. Protein is always going to be protein.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I swear we in Australia just get F***ed over in everything :P even our meat is expensive! Biggest can of Tuna is a shop branded (Woolworths HomeBrand) which is 425g for $4.29 PER CAN!
    No it's not. It's $1.89 for 425g.

What are you smoking.

Woolworths canned chicken 425g is only $2.89
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phreaktor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Syntha 6 is like 26 dollars shipped for the 2.2lb on ebay.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    No it's not. It's $1.89 for 425g.

What are you smoking.

Woolworths canned chicken 425g is only $2.89
    Deutscher??
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321