Bkadel3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique my bulking diet please!

Long story short, about 2 years ago I was about 250 lbs and decided i was going to lose weight at all costs (aka cardio and low cals= fat AND muscle loss). I lost about 70 pounds and got to 180 however lost a ton of muscle in the process.. Since then i've been lifting a good amount and trying to put on GOOD weight. Right now I am at about 185 lbs at 6'1" and probably around 13% bf. I'm looking to do a 1 month bulking cycle to put on some more muscle. This is what i have come up with.. Feel free to suggest replacements or any changes. It's what I'm putting this up for!

Another thing to note is that due to my work schedule I can only work out after 6:30 p.m. on each day so i'll put that in my diet schedule.

Meal 1 - 7:00 a.m.

1/2 cup egg whites with Salsa, peppers and onions for flavor
    50% light cheddar cheese
    smart balance omega oil
    1/2 cup oats
    12 oz skim milk

Totals: 502 cals, 19g Fat, 50g Carbs, 33g Protein

Meal 2 - 9:30 a.m.

Coffee with Skim milk - 23 cals 2.2g protein
    IDS smart gainer shake - 656 cals, 88g carbs, 51g protein

Totals: 679 cals, 91g carbs, 53g protein

Meal 3 - 12:00 p.m.

Romaine lettuce
    Salsa
    Low sodium red kidney beans
    50% light cheddar cheese
    4 oz Ground turkey

Totals: 417 cals, 40g carbs, 41g protein

Meal 4 - 3:00 p.m.

Chobani plain greek yogurt
    2 Tablespoons All Natural Peanut Butter
    Coffee with skim milk

Totals: 283 cals, 24g carbs, 38g protein

Meal 5 (pwo) - 6:00 p.m.
    IDS Smart Gainer shake
    Totals: 656 cals, 88g carbs, 51g Protein

WORKOUT - 6:30-7:45

Meal 6 (Post WO) - 8:00
    1 Sweet Potato
    1/2 Whole Wheat Bagel
    1 tb All natural Peanut butter
    Probolic SR Muscle feeder shake (before bed)
    Totals: 608 cals, 70g carbs, 57g protein

TOTALS FOR FULL DAY

Calories: 3146
    Fat: 110 g
    Carbs: 365 g
    Protein: 274 g (rougly 1.5g per lb of bw)

I plan on running this with a 4 day lifting split, 1 day just cardio, 1 day rest, and 1 day active recovery. Please let me know your thoughts. Any advice or suggestions would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    3100+ cals a day with 270g of protein looks good on bulk for someone 185 lbs at 6'1".

I'd def recommend bulking longer than a month. Really isn't ideal to just bulk for 4 weeks, considering that you can't really expect much progress then.

If you're not satisfied with your body composition for the summer, why not drop body fat a bit more than hit the weight/calories hard starting late fall and into the winter? If you're just looking to put on muscle, you're probably going to have to commit to a bulk for atleast 3 months, if not more.