Thread: Abs and Pecs

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Abs and Pecs

I am slowly slowly slowly losing the fat - my goal is to look good.

Not be strong, not weigh less - I don't care about weights or strength.

I want to look good, and feel healthy.

I am worried about building / working my pecks or abs right now because they may 'bulge' my fat our and make me look actually fatter?

When is a good time to start working these muscles? Should I lose 10-20 more lbs before I do these, or would I look 'ok/normal' if I started doing them now?

It's a small detail, I know - but I live life right now - I talk to girls right now, and I want to look the best I can everyday. Especially with college starting in 20 days - I can't be looking like some fat trashy guy =(

sam54no has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    start working all your muscles now. You will find that the muscles will get larger and you will also find that the weight will come off easier.

MatthewM83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with sam. I stand (technically) 5'-11 3/4", so not much taller than you, 4 months ago I was weighing in at 215 lbs., now I'm at about 180. I started the whole regime at the same time; weight training, proper diet, and cardio.

The additional muscle in your pecs will actually help make your waist look a bit slimmer, so that's a plus. Also, abs don't tend to develop and get as "bulgy" as other muscles, so chances are, the tone you develop in your abs will actually suck the fat in a bit so you'll look better.

Besides, the more muscle you have in your body, the faster you'll be able to burn fat and calories. So build those muscles up and you'll drop weight more efficiently.

stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only way you can develop the muscle over the fat is if your diet is dirty and/or you're consuming a crazy amount of calories.

AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stella summers View Post
    The only way you can develop the muscle over the fat is if your diet is dirty and/or you're consuming a crazy amount of calories.
    I don't know if this is what you meant... but muscle is under fat, not over.

Although you're right... if you lift and diet you should be losing more fat than the muscle volume you're gaining.

stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AphtaLyfe View Post
    I don't know if this is what you meant... but muscle is under fat, not over.

Although you're right... if you lift and diet you should be losing more fat than the muscle volume you're gaining.
    *under is what I meant, thank you.

PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Even if you have huge, muscular abs and pecs they look different than fat droopy pecs and a gut. You might have the same waist measurement and a bigger chest with more muscle. And you will look better. Fat is saggy, muscle is hard and tight against the body. So building your muscle won't make the fat bulge out, it will actually counteract the sag of the fat and you will look better.

Bonus info: You won't build those muscles nearly as fast as you think, by the time you realize it you'll be down those last 10-20lbs and you will have just started building those muscles. You don't get huge over night it takes literally YEARS. So start building them now.
    "There are no OFF days, just days you don't go to the gym."

Carb-Up does NOT mean Binge and Cheat!

Long Term Goal:
    225 lbs
    <10% BF

Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't worry about that, the muscle you build, combined with cardio, will help burn the fat on top of the muscle.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bindings View Post
    Don't worry about that, the muscle you build, combined with cardio, will help burn the fat on top of the muscle.
    very nice of you to answer. I think the OP has waited 5 years for it. Im guessing hes already out of college by now LOL.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bindings has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    very nice of you to answer. I think the op has waited 5 years for it. Im guessing hes already out of college by now lol.
    lmao

Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    very nice of you to answer. I think the OP has waited 5 years for it. Im guessing hes already out of college by now LOL.
    It looks like he did just fine considering his AVI!