CaolNeale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I've got genetic High Cholestorol! HELP!!

So if the title hasn't said enough, I've been diagnosed with genetically high cholesterol from my mums side of the family!

This is a big bummer as I'm trying to build up muscle by training hard and eating like a machine!

I was told by my doctor to not eat foods like beef, pork, jerky, butter... if it has fat, put it down or half the portion minimum!

If I'm honest this is a big kick in the jewels

So I was wondering has anyone else got this? And if so what foods are still great to eat which have lots of protein as I doubt I could live off chicken and fish forever!

I'm eating benecol butter and these probiotic drinks that lower it but is there anything else I can do (I'm also eating a low fat version or wholemeal version of everything else)

Cheers to you if you have any help it is much appreciated!

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CaolNeale View Post
    So if the title hasn't said enough, I've been diagnosed with genetically high cholesterol from my mums side of the family!

This is a big bummer as I'm trying to build up muscle by training hard and eating like a machine!

I was told by my doctor to not eat foods like beef, pork, jerky, butter... if it has fat, put it down or half the portion minimum!

If I'm honest this is a big kick in the jewels

So I was wondering has anyone else got this? And if so what foods are still great to eat which have lots of protein as I doubt I could live off chicken and fish forever!

I'm eating benecol butter and these probiotic drinks that lower it but is there anything else I can do (I'm also eating a low fat version or wholemeal version of everything else)

Cheers to you if you have any help it is much appreciated!

I don't have enough time for a full response. but my cholesterol was up well over 300...it never goes over 160 now and almost all my relatives are on meds because of high cholesterol.

Know what I did?

1. Cut the carbs...from around 600ish a day to around 150-250 max a diet
    2. increased the fats...I eat around 100-125 grams of fat a diet during a bulk. Beef, steak, butter you name it
    3. Greens drink...makes a HUGE different I drink 2-3 powdered greens drinks a day
    4. Eating greens...get used to getting your greens. I eat almost a bag of kale a day.
    5. cardio...do it all year whether you are cutting or bulking...doesn't ahve to be a ton. i always do at least 20 minutes 4 times a week.

I'm eating 12+ eggs a day and I can't get my cholesterol over 200 if I tried. If you go low fat high carbs have fun with high cholesterol forever. I am insane with my bloodwork and health. I get it checked every 3 months and it is picture perfect and it is mostly because of the above.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you had the tests done at hand and could post them here, along with your current full diet and activity levels, we could give a much better response as to your query.

"Genetics" is often a huge Cop-Out used by all kinds of "professionals". Including Doctors. While there is some truth to it, most likely your current cholesterol levels can be managed very well with proper diet and exercise as those two factors are Major influences for a ton of medical issues.

Too often will people cry Genetics and whatnot, all the while being 100lb over-weight and munching on McDonalds burgers and fries for 90% their caloric intake.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Flex500, I've had a similar experience in terms of my lipid profile's response to diet (but my dietary fat intake is well north of 200 grams per day and my CHO intake is a little lower than yours).

Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    I don't have enough time for a full response. but my cholesterol was up well over 300...it never goes over 160 now and almost all my relatives are on meds because of high cholesterol.

Know what I did?

1. Cut the carbs...from around 600ish a day to around 150-250 max a diet
    2. increased the fats...I eat around 100-125 grams of fat a diet during a bulk. Beef, steak, butter you name it
    3. Greens drink...makes a HUGE different I drink 2-3 powdered greens drinks a day
    4. Eating greens...get used to getting your greens. I eat almost a bag of kale a day.
    5. cardio...do it all year whether you are cutting or bulking...doesn't ahve to be a ton. i always do at least 20 minutes 4 times a week.

I'm eating 12+ eggs a day and I can't get my cholesterol over 200 if I tried. If you go low fat high carbs have fun with high cholesterol forever. I am insane with my bloodwork and health. I get it checked every 3 months and it is picture perfect and it is mostly because of the above.
    That is a pretty impressive reduction in numbers.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    where do you get your Greens powder? I eat some veggies everyday, but am sure i'm under what i should be.

eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am curious how high your total cholesterol is IE. what your lipid ratio is (LDL to HDL). With that said, not sure how serious it is for you, but, it is probably not a bad idea to cut or keep saturated and trans fat intake low, exercise and if prescribed taking cholesterol lowering drug(s).