CourtLifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to Bodybuilding.com and want to do a figure show!

Hello all,

I am new to the forums here! I am interested in competing in my first figure show. I am currently 5'4", 120lbs and 19.5 % BF. I already eat a pretty clean diet and train 5-6 days a week at the gym.

I am looking for any advice to get ready. Is it worth investing in a coach or online program and are there any helpful books/resources out there??

Thanks!

the bigger the better nicoledominique's Avatar
    nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome!

I would strongly advise you to get a good coach who is experienced in training people for competition, otherwise you are going feel SO lost. They will help you with your diet and training and specifically contest prep - which is pretty daunting if you are going to try it yourself. Many coaches will also come out to your show and help you with your hair/tan and makeup and any last minute prep that you may need.

You can do an online search for trainers in your area - or you can also hire an online trainer. A lot of good trainers/coaches out there do online training via phone and email - you just need to do some research to find someone who you believe will be a good fit for you and your goals.

Hope this helps a bit!

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hire "kimm4" !
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal

KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I second the "hire a coach" sentiment. I have been training for my first figure competition since January and was bound and determined to do it on my own. I ignored the commentary about hiring a coach/trainer. However, after watching some very successful girls in a local show, I joined up with a competition team and hired coaches. I've now seen more progress in the last week than I've seen in this entire process and I still have 6 weeks to go. Also, it's nice to not have the stress of figuring out my meals/workouts all the time. I like having them just send it to me.
    Pride Nutrition & Ripple Swimwear Sponsored Athlete
    www.pridenutrition.com
    www.rippleswimwear.com

My Figure Competition Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142525161