Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nabz's Keto Log Towards Summer Leanness?

Hey Guys,

Started Keto today, first of all just a bit of background info to begin with.

I'm currently 18 and weigh approx 168lb at 5'10 BF:21%?, over the course of the last 3 years I have lost 52lb approx as I was 220lb In 2009. However the majority of my weight loss was due to extreme cardio and barley any weight training which has been my biggest mistake to date.

I have now decided I want to lean up, lose the flab and bulk up.

Over the past few year or so after losing the weight I did I have been through many diets but have never truly been committed which has resulted in a huge disappointment for myself personally and loss of motivation.

But today I've made a commitment to stick hard and do Keto for at least weeks and see what type of results it can produce!!

*You may notice a repeated use of the same foods, this is due to being Asian and not having a clue what my mum puts in her food.

Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Current Look..

(Picture taking on evening on 15th April)

So here we go, Keto Started @ 16th April 2012.

Day 1.

Breakfast: Can of Tuna, Mayo and Lettuce

Lunch: 2 Scrambled eggs, Beef burger and Mayo, Cheese, Lettuce.

Pre Workout: 10g of Creatine

Workout: CKD Chest workout

Dinner: 2 Scrambled eggs, Can of tune and Mayo, Cheese, Lettuce.

Day 1 of Keto complete, I do feel good and fresh currently, despite having a headace mid afternoon,

Roll on Day 2!!
    "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on."
    Tupac Shakur

Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nabzlfc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 2.

Breakfast: Subway Tuna salad bowl with Lettuce & Cucumber

Lunch: A lot of chicken and Cheese..

Pre Workout: 10g of Creatine

Workout: CKD Shoulders and Arms workout

Post Workout: 25g of Protein

Dinner: 2 Scrambled eggs and Chicken and Kebab with Mayo.

Day 2 of Keto complete, feel good. Not feeling hungry or anything at all, pee was weird colour so may be in ketosis already.. doubt it though..

Roll on Day 3!!
    Last edited by Nabzlfc; 04-18-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on."
    Tupac Shakur

Day 3.

Breakfast: Missed essentially..

Lunch: 2 Scrambled Eggs, Can of Tuna along with Cheese & Mayo

Before Dinner: 10g of Creatine

Rest Day

Dinner: Lots of Chicken salad and Mayo.

Day 3 of Keto complete, feel amazing to be honest, eating well and not feeling hungary as usual!

Although I was slightly lethargic today.

Roll on Day 4!!

**Question**

Am I able to slightly carb up this weekend or leave till following weekend?
    Tupac Shakur

**Question Again anyone there??**

Am I able to slightly carb up this weekend or leave till following weekend?

Day 4.

Breakfast: Missed again unfortunately.. poor time management to blame..

Lunch: Lots of Chicken salad and Mayo.

Before Workout: 10g of Creatine

40 Minutes Cardio (Must admit I was absolutely f*cked afterwards.)

Dinner: Lots of Chicken salad and Mayo again.

Day 4 of Keto complete, feel good, and feeling full no matter what I eat. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning.

Roll on Day 5!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 5.

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled eggs w/ Mayo and Salad

Lunch: Tin of Salmon

Before Workout: 10g of Creatine

CKD Final Workout

Dinner: Donner Kebab

Day 5 of Keto complete, feel good, and feeling full no matter still however I dont feel as if I'm in keto I feel normal to be honest.

Weighed in @ 165 pounds, which Is a a 3lb loss.. water or what I'm not sure..

Roll on Day 6!!
    Tupac Shakur

**Just to note Carb Up was note done this weekend due to only being first week of Keto**

Day 6.

Breakfast: 40g Protein with Water

Lunch: Lots of Chicken and Mayo with Sald

Rest Day, may do cardio tomorrow if time allows.

Dinner: 3x Scrambled Eggs with Mayo and Salad

Day 6 of Keto complete, feel brilliant!!

Honestly usually on Saturdays I eat junk like you wouldn't believe but today I was barely hungry and resisted fish & chips!

Roll on Day 7!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 7.

Today wasn't the cleanest of diest unfortunetlyey, carbs were fine but probably eat far too much in t terms of calories, which will result in lots of cardio tomorro!! Punishment.

Breakfast: Lots of Chicken and Mayo with Salad

Lunch: Same again.. Lots of Chicken and Mayo with Salad

Rest Day, didn't have any time to fit any cardio into today which was originally planned.

Dinner: Lots of Kebabs.. Mayo and Lettuce..

Day 7 of Keto complete, absolutely stuffed and feel bloated. Even though carbs weren't really taken in!

Roll on Day 8!!
    Tupac Shakur

namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    keep it up

I see you joined a while ago and are now starting to make a change. Nice job brah.
    Dallas Cowboys Crew

Dirty South Crew

Misc Cigar Crew

Competition Lifts - 590D/345B/525S

Originally Posted by davetherave35 View Post
    keep it up

I see you joined a while ago and are now starting to make a change. Nice job brah.
    Thank you very much mate, much appreciated + repped
    Tupac Shakur

Day 8.

Well today was interesting.. pretty much had the exact same meal 4x.. but awesome workout today, felt stronger even though I didn't carb up!

Breakfast: Lots of Chicken and Mayo with Salad

Lunch: Same again.. Lots of Chicken and Mayo with Salad

Pre Workout: 10g Creatine

CKD Chest, Back and Abs Workout + 15 intense running

Post Workout: 45g Whey Protein

Dinner: Once again the same.. Lots of Chicken and Mayo with Salad

Snack..? Lots of Chicken and Mayo with Salad

I didn't really vary the food choices as you can see.. the mother just had some nice food made today!

Day 8 of Keto now complete.

I've not eat any bread, chips, chocolate, or any sort of junk whatsoever in the past week which I must admit I've never accomplished before so bit of an achievement for my self personally.

Looking forward to my shoulders & arms workout tomorro already pumped for it!

Roll on Day 9!!
    Tupac Shakur

rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats, if u made it this far withouth the junk, u can do it, just keep rolling man

Originally Posted by rustybones View Post
    Congrats, if u made it this far withouth the junk, u can do it, just keep rolling man
    Thank you mate, I'm determined and resisting junk like, well it is..

Day 9.

Today was good, solid meals and solid workout along with some decent cardio.

Breakfast: Subway Tuna Bowl Salad

Lunch: Lots of Chicken & Mayo

Pre Workout: 10g Creatine

CKD Shoulders and Arms + 15 intense running

Post Workout/Dinner 45g Whey Protein

I didn't really vary the food choices as you can see.. the mother just had some nice food made today!

Day 9 of Keto now complete.

I know It's only been over a week but I'm dissapointed that I'm not seeing any differences in the mirror, or am I trippin that any changes could be seen so early??

Tomorrow will be a rest day as unfortunately I have a lot of work and stuff to do, but if time allows some cardio may be done..

Roll on Day 10!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 10.

Breakfast: 40g Protein with Water

Lunch: 3x Scrambled Eggs with Mayo and Salad

Rest Day, cardio is a must tomorrow however.

Dinner: Lean fish with some mayo and salad

Day 10 done, I'm now starting to see difference in the mirror ever so slightly.. so that's a good sign.

Bought some peanut butter today so looking forward to something different to eat tomorrow :d
    Roll on Day 11!!
    Tupac Shakur

exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tripping a little it's only been 8 days lol... Take pictures and keep up the good work!!
    GOAL is to be the best I have ever been in my life. Lose Fat Gain Muscle!.

--------------------
    1/9/12 209
    4/13/12 179
    4/27/12 172
    6/2/12 160
    Follow my current Transformation!! or let me know about yours

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142832321 - First Log Finished!!

Originally Posted by exwhyzee View Post
    Tripping a little it's only been 8 days lol... Take pictures and keep up the good work!!
    11 Days now But genuinley am seeing a difference in the mirror.. and Pictures will be posted monthly mate so next photo update on 16th May

I've decided to cut creatine out and see how weight loss and so on progresses without it, If I feel I'm missing it will add it back in.

Day 11

Breakfast: 2 x Peanut Butter pancakes (2 eggs, scoop of protein, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and cheese, thanks to the recipe section)

Lunch: 3x Scrambled Eggs with Mayo and Salad

Done about an hours cardio today, which consisted of 200 Calories burned on Treadmill, 100 calories on Stair-master and 100 on Cross trainer so about 400 calories burned.

Absolutely hate cardio on Keto I must say I feel so energetic without those carbs.

Dinner: 1 x Peanut Butter pancake

Day 11 done, looking forward to Friday's weekly weigh-in to see what impact two weeks keto has done..

Roll on Day 12!!
    Tupac Shakur

rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep it up man, once u get past 21 days, gets easy,

Keep it up man, once u get past 21 days, gets easy,
    I'm doing well mate so hopefully will continue my man! Ps, Repped for motivation

Day 12

Well as said yesterday today was weigh-in day, my second week.. last week I was dissapointed with the reult but today I'm pleased..

I weighed in at.. 163lb Which is a 5lb loss in two weeks which I'm delighted with.. even if it may be temporary water weight..

I have also set a goal weight to day which is to be 147lb by 16th June. After this if the goal is reached progress will be reviewed and most likely a clean bulk to 160lb. Hopefully.

Anyway today's diet..

Breakfast: Plenty of Chicken with Mayo

Lunch: 3x Scrambled Eggs with Chicken, Mayo, Salad and Cheese

Today was my CKD Final Friday workout. Absolutely f*ucked I must say, energy was at an all-time low.

Dinner: 45g protein with some Chicken again!!

Day 12 done, Pleased with today's weigh-in which has motivated by more and tomorrow will be my first carb up in two weeks which I am looking forward to getting some junk in me!

I won't eat like a pig though will have one carb meal tomorrow and one on Sunday, I didn't carb up Today (Friday) due to the fact I usually go out to eat on Sundays so hence why I changed the Carb up to 6pm Saturday to Midnight Sunday.

Roll on Day 13!!!!
    Tupac Shakur

Yea at 18 its hard to resist carbs, i did a keto style at 18 and my mouth would water just passing a bread stand, but now, when im ready to cut i dont even have any problem cutting the carbs, so just know it will get easier, especially when u first see the outline of the abs, it will allmost be like an energy shot, so whats your calories like, how much fat/protein are u taking in, protein is good, but fat is more important on this style of diet, when your energy starts to go down, u may need more fat, when my energy dips, i eat some really fattening beef, also what helps me on my workouts, is i will have at least 30 to 40% of my calories an hour before i work out, then spread the rest out, for example, i work nights, so i eat very little until i get off, then i eat a big meal, with lots of fats, gives me energy to lift, the other way of spreading meals out evenly left me sluggish for the main part, WORKING OUT

Yea at 18 its hard to resist carbs, i did a keto style at 18 and my mouth would water just passing a bread stand, but now, when im ready to cut i dont even have any problem cutting the carbs, so just know it will get easier, especially when u first see the outline of the abs, it will allmost be like an energy shot, so whats your calories like, how much fat/protein are u taking in, protein is good, but fat is more important on this style of diet, when your energy starts to go down, u may need more fat, when my energy dips, i eat some really fattening beef, also what helps me on my workouts, is i will have at least 30 to 40% of my calories an hour before i work out, then spread the rest out, for example, i work nights, so i eat very little until i get off, then i eat a big meal, with lots of fats, gives me energy to lift, the other way of spreading meals out evenly left me sluggish for the main part, WORKING OUT
    Very hard to resist carbs at 18 I'll tell you but slowly getting used too it which is good. And I know what you mean about resisting them!

Unfortunately due to being Asian I find it hard to keep track of my Macros so I just try my very best to know what will have carbs and what is high and fat and protein and so on, it's working for me so far so can only be good. You soud like you have a very good schedule mate so must be slightly easier for you to get away from carbs and so forth buddy, just make sure you keep it up

Day 13

Didn't have time to post this yesterday as I fell asleep at 7pm haha

Today was my first carb up day on keto..

Breakfast: 3x Scrambled eggs with Mayo and Salad

Lunch: Nothing unfortunately was too caught up at work

Rest Day

Dinner: Fish & Chips with some Bread, Mayo and Salad!!

Day 13 done, Well I was looking forward to my first carb up but to be perfectly honest it was nothing great as I would have imagine but filled my self with plenty carbs anyhow!

Roll on Day 14!!!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 14

Breakfast: 2x Scrambled eggs with Mince, Mayo and Salad

Lunch: Mozzarella Sticks and Macaroni & Cheese

Rest Day

Dinner: Chicken Roll with Mayo and Salad, and a Roll with Chips (Crisps)

Well enjoyed the carbs today and feel energised by them but back to getting stuck into Keto tomorrow for week 3

Roll on Day 15!!!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 15

Breakfast: 45g Protein Shake

CKD Chest, Back and Abs workout with 15 minutes cardio

Lunch: Chicken & Mince with Salad and Mayo

Dinner: Chicken Salad with Mayo

Feel okay, trying to get back into keto again, enjoyed how pumped up I felt today from the weekend carb up!

Roll on Day 16!!!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 16

Breakfast: Missed due to sheer laziness.

Was going to do Shoulders & Arms today, however too much work to do meant changing today to a rest day

Lunch: Chicken, Cheese, Mayo and Salad

Dinner: Chicken, Mayo and Salad again..

Felt a bit of brain fog today which was unexpected but feel good otherwise and happy with this week so far.

Roll on Day 17!!!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 17

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Pancakes with Mayo and Cheese!

Lunch: 2 x Scrambled Eggs with Mayo

CKD Shoulders and Arms + 15 Mins Cardio

PO: 45g Protein

Dinner: Lean Fish with 2x Scrambled Eggs, Mayo and Salad

Today was an excellent day in terms of both diet and workout, feeling great and realised this was my 3rd week and feel quite proud as to how well I feel as If I'm doing so far..

Roll on Day 18!!!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 18

Breakfast: Woke up pretty late..

Lunch: 2 x Scrambled Eggs, 2 x Kebabs with Mayo and Salad

Cardio day so decided to do an hours cycling today

Dinner: 2 x Scrambled Eggs, 2 x Kebabs with Mayo

Feel good and looking forward to tomorrow's week 3 weigh in..

Roll on Day 19!!!!
    Tupac Shakur

Day 19

Breakfast: Woke up pretty late again..

Lunch: Chicken, Salad and Mayo

CKD Friday Workout + 20 Minutes treadmill

Dinner: Chicken, Salad and Mayo. (Had far too much calories which I'll regret..!)

Feel rubbish and totally demotivated today. Weighed in with almost 1lb GAIN. Disappointed quite a bit can only imagine I may didn't get back into keto?

Roll on Day 20.
    Tupac Shakur

Day 19

CKD Friday Workout + 20 Minutes treadmill

Dinner: Chicken, Salad and Mayo. (Had far too much calories which I'll regret..!)

Feel rubbish and totally demotivated today. Weighed in with almost 1lb GAIN. Disappointed quite a bit can only imagine I may didn't get back into keto?

Carb up tomorrow unfortunately, even though I don't want to. Will be forced to.

Roll on Day 20.
    Tupac Shakur

makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good progress mate, will keep looking at this, im around the exact same stage as you, looking to loose the fat, also of asian ethnicity so will be looking at your log closely.

Just some advice, you dont have to carb up every week, you can do it every 2 weeks, gives a better chance of being in keto for most people.

just some advice

Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
    good progress mate, will keep looking at this, im around the exact same stage as you, looking to loose the fat, also of asian ethnicity so will be looking at your log closely.

Just some advice, you dont have to carb up every week, you can do it every 2 weeks, gives a better chance of being in keto for most people.

just some advice
    Cheers brother!

Yeah I didn't feel as If I was in Keto the last week and supposedly gained weight so I will be now carbing up every two weeks. Haha asian ethnicity brilliant

It's hard being Asian and trying to keep track of macros, almost impossible.

Day 20 & Day 21 were shameful guys, was my birthday weekend and practically got forced to eat junk so no need to post log for those two days

Day 22 (7th May 2012)

CKD Monday workout, Chest, Back and Abs

Dinner: 2x Scrambled Eggs + 2 Meatballs and Cheese, Salad and Mayo

Feeling decent, still disappointed about the weight gain but enjoyed todays workout!

Roll on Day 23.
    Tupac Shakur

Day 23

Breakfast: 45g Protein

Lunch: Chicken and Mayo

CKD Shoulders & Arms

Dinner: Chicken, Cheese, Mayo and Salad

Feel good, feel stronger today, note to self: keep diet clean.

Roll on Day 24.
    Tupac Shakur

Day 24

Breakfast: 45g Protein

Lunch: 2x Scrambled Eggs with Cheese, Mayo and Salad

Rest Day

Dinner: Mince, Cheese and Mayo

Don't feel anywhere near in a state of ketosis tbh, will be doing cardio tomorrow.

Roll on Day 25.
    Tupac Shakur