Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by metalmullisha View Post
    Thats what you get for living in SA.
    lol at least I can drive to work in the mornings at more than a walking speed pace.

Originally Posted by Armstrongha View Post
    What kind of scorpions? The ones I caught were like a clear yellowish color and maybe 3 1/2" long. And is it worse in Texas than Australia do you think? The misc. has me thinking Australia is like hell on earth for creepy crawlies.

Since there's no basements in Texas I remember picking up a box in the garage that sat for a year to find about a 5" spider living in the bottom of it. The worst part is when it ran away I ran in the house only get goosebumps every time I went back in that spot. What can I say I hate spiders. Found like a 6" spider under my friends basketball hoop. Squished it with a basketball but it was so big it squished the middle of it only to leave the legs still up like it was still trying to run away. Never got to see an armadillo although. Have either of you bro's?
    Yeah I used to chase them around with a fishing net trying to catch them. Them things will scare the poo out of you when you're huddled up in the brush hunting, they make tons of racket.

We don't have trouble with spiders in town, I mean we have lots of them but they're all non-venomous varieties though every now and then I'll kill a Brown Recluse it's not too often. Out of town lots of Black Widows down in South Texas where we run around hunting. Those tarantulas are tough, I watched my dad run one the **** over with a Chevy Blazer on a dirt road and it popped up and ran away. Never seen one in town though.
    EDIT: Australia is brutal with killer insects, kids were just watching a TV show on them. Damn near everything down there can kill you if you don't get treatment.

Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I watched my dad run one the **** over with a Chevy Blazer on a dirt road and it popped up and ran away.
    Brb

Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Took the awesome Wild Berry Gluta-Tren post workout and I definitely think its most effecting intra workout, however it definitely keeps you up after a workout and gives a little bit of recovery post workout. Since I've been outside the last few days haven't been able to take it intra however I still think there is benefit taking it either pre or post. All and all it delivers a rush of energy that can be used through all aspects of your day!

Workout today: 3 1/2 mile jog/walk

5 x 60 second frozen incline push up

5 x 60 flutter kicks

5 x 30 squats

Gluta-Tren so far has definitely delivered on the energy spike and I feel keeps you going longer and harder than you would or could with out it. Again it taste great as well! I haven't pushed myself this hard ever in my life and still feel like I have plenty left in the tank thanks to the Gluta-Tren!

Took some of the great tasting, mixing Gluta-Tren today on my day off and I was wired for a couple hours. Can really feel the rush it gives you when your not working out. Can't wait to take some tomorrow while lifting!

metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol at least I can drive to work in the mornings at more than a walking speed pace.
    Jakes on you, I dont work.
    **** TwinlabFuel Representative ****
    Follow me on Instagram: @silenced_recon

If you're going through hell, keep going.

For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear...when you are the hammer, strike.

Squat- 545/ Deadlift- 585/ Bench-435

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Long rough weekend fishing, and I've got lots of red skin to prove it. Brutal waves on Saturday, ran around in 3 footers most of the day exploring a new bay system I've not been to before. Can't wait to get back in the gym today and see how I do after that deload.

Originally Posted by metalmullisha View Post
    Jakes on you, I dont work.
    Doh!

Long rough weekend fishing, and I've got lots of red skin to prove it. Brutal waves on Saturday, ran around in 3 footers most of the day exploring a new bay system I've not been to before. Can't wait to get back in the gym today and see how I do after that deload.
    Mad jelly. Catch anything?

I bet your beat from that Texas sun. I did a few hours of yard work and all I have is a red face to show for it and ended up passing out and sleeping like a baby when I was done. Have a great week in the gym!

I'll try my best as well.

Mad jelly. Catch anything?

I bet your beat from that Texas sun. I did a few hours of yard work and all I have is a red face to show for it and ended up passing out and sleeping like a baby when I was done. Have a great week in the gym!

I'll try my best as well.
    Yeah we caught some small reds and a few speckled trout. Reds were all too small but I'll be eating some speck fillets tonight. This was mostly an exploring trip to a bay system that I've never been in, so we did a lot of cruising in the boat and didn't use bait, just threw soft plastics and some hard twitch baits to explore some spots that looked promising. It was a good trip, but I feel kind of silly because not a single pic was taken.

Pics from Google Images

Red:

Speck:

OK so sunburn and all had a decent workout today. Usually when I get roasted I end up coming back to a killer workout, but that's always on a bulk. I *always* struggle coming off a deload week, and for my calorie deficit + deload = disaster. I did, however, go ahead and bump up the scheduled weights as the program prescribes but I failed to get my 5 reps on the last set of the primary. Typically I'll hit my numbers on the 2nd week though, so time will tell if I can recover or not.

Standing Military Press
    70x5
    90x5
    115x5
    135x5
    155x2<-- supposed to be 5 LOL
    Extra Sets
    95x10
    95x8
    95x8
    95x8
    95x8

Barbell Bent Over Row - no torso movement/momentum
    135x10
    155x10
    155x10
    135x10
    135x10<--that 9th and 10th rep were pretty damn tough!

DB Overhead Tricep Extension
    80x10
    80x10
    80x8
    ^I was gonna do 5 sets, but that 8th rep on the 3rd set my arms just flat gave out so I ended it there.

Yeah we caught some small reds and a few speckled trout. Reds were all too small but I'll be eating some speck fillets tonight. This was mostly an exploring trip to a bay system that I've never been in, so we did a lot of cruising in the boat and didn't use bait, just threw soft plastics and some hard twitch baits to explore some spots that looked promising. It was a good trip, but I feel kind of silly because not a single pic was taken.
    Sounds awesome. No keepers, no pics sounds about right anyways. How big was the spot you were checking out? Would love to take a fishing trip in Texas sometime. Never got to go when I lived there. I still have a bag of frozen perch that the gf and I caught last year but they were on the small side and probably freezer burned now. Maybe the dog would like to have them. We'll go back this summer in July and try to catch some keepers in Lake Michigan but we'll see. Went salmon fishing a couple years ago in the fall and they're all 20lb fish. Hopefully I can go back this year. I bet the fish are pretty down there in Texas. Ugly looking things here but tasty none of the less. Is it good fishing year around?

Sounds awesome. No keepers, no pics sounds about right anyways. How big was the spot you were checking out? Would love to take a fishing trip in Texas sometime. Never got to go when I lived there. I still have a bag of frozen perch that the gf and I caught last year but they were on the small side and probably freezer burned now. Maybe the dog would like to have them. We'll go back this summer in July and try to catch some keepers in Lake Michigan but we'll see. Went salmon fishing a couple years ago in the fall and they're all 20lb fish. Hopefully I can go back this year. I bet the fish are pretty down there in Texas. Ugly looking things here but tasty none of the less. Is it good fishing year around?
    We got some keeper Specks, but nothing spectacular in size just a few inches larger than minimum... they're great eating either way though and we prefer to release the larger ones for spawning anyway because larger are typically females and obviously house more eggs the bigger they are. Fish down here are usually freaking beautiful, did the pics of the Speck and Red in the post above not display? Never know if Google pics will work...

I just happen to have Google Earth still open from Friday, LOL. Here's a shot... We launched/camped on the far left of the pic where the finger comes down and ran all the way up the channel to the top-right and around that hook into the top end of Mesquite Bay on Saturday, then down through the bottom of it on Saturday and roamed around the South shoreline of the barrier island down there. Those oyster reefs scattered all around are no joke, got some nasty scratches on my boat getting through there.
    Attached Images

Yeah the first pictures uploaded fine. Those fish have awesome color and was just asking if thats what most of the fish look like. Lake Michigan salmon look hideous and the trout almost look like bulked up eels. That google map picture is awesome! So do the fish come in from the Gulf to spawn in the bay? I bet theres some HUGE fish in there. Any minor/major fishing competitions around there? Would be awesome but I bet the buy in could be expensive but I really have no clue what I'm talking about. Just watched the bass master classic and think I know everything now lol. Is there any exotic fish around the bay and did you get to see any of them? Jelly fish, or eels, or turtles or something. Last year I saw a Bald Eagles nest in bay in Lake Michigan but you know you had a bad fishing trip when that's your highlight. There a big ass bird!

Yeah the first pictures uploaded fine. Those fish have awesome color and was just asking if thats what most of the fish look like. Lake Michigan salmon look hideous and the trout almost look like bulked up eels. That google map picture is awesome! So do the fish come in from the Gulf to spawn in the bay? I bet theres some HUGE fish in there. Any minor/major fishing competitions around there? Would be awesome but I bet the buy in could be expensive but I really have no clue what I'm talking about. Just watched the bass master classic and think I know everything now lol. Is there any exotic fish around the bay and did you get to see any of them? Jelly fish, or eels, or turtles or something. Last year I saw a Bald Eagles nest in bay in Lake Michigan but you know you had a bad fishing trip when that's your highlight. There a big ass bird!
    Bald Eagles are amazing in person, we've been within 50 yards of Whooping Cranes too when camping on the island and those things are monsters in person... about as tall as I am with HUGE heads.

The specks all have great color like that one, the reds will look great until they start to get really big. The Bull Reds we've caught up to 43" but I've seen some caught almost 4' long, they lose a bit of color and can start looking a little ugly when they get to that size. Those fish though tend to spend most of their time in the Gulf and often come in missing tails or have scars and such from sharks and other fish getting after them. We have ugly fish too, Black Drum for example look like a normal fish when small but the big ones all the locals refer to as Big Uglies because the dang things are freaking ugly... The specks are typically a bay fish, but they do venture into the Gulf and hang around the surf zones. Reds can be found just about everywhere but the "slot size" and smaller fish will primarily be in the bays and surf zones. Lots of tournaments out here all the time, they start running around April and run through end of summer pretty heavily. I'll be fishing "sharkathon" this year in October, it's a huge shark fishing tournament on the beach and 1st place nets about $15k plus TONS of prizes. One of the guys I used to fish with won it two years ago. We saw a small sea turtle this last trip, sometimes we'll see Tarpon on the bays as well. When we hit the beach there's no telling what you see out there. The endangered Kemp's Ridley turtle nests there and we've run across them quite a bit, they're a pretty dang big turtle. Tons of exotics out there from the fish that will shock you, Stargazers, Kings, Smacks, obviously Sharks and random weird stuff.

See the water stuff I can deal with but the spiders and bugs are a big no. Sounds like I need to plan a fishing trip down south. I can only imagine shark fishing, sounds awesome! Best of luck with that but maybe you don't need any already fishing with the "champion" and all. How big are you trying to catch em' like 20 footers? Friggin awesome tourny I bet that is.

See the water stuff I can deal with but the spiders and bugs are a big no. Sounds like I need to plan a fishing trip down south. I can only imagine shark fishing, sounds awesome! Best of luck with that but maybe you don't need any already fishing with the "champion" and all. How big are you trying to catch em' like 20 footers? Friggin awesome tourny I bet that is.
    There are some pretty good sized Tiger sharks caught from this beach, but that's the thing they're uncommon. Everyone goes out there and attempts to land a 12'+ Tiger shark, their baits are way too big for your normal beach roaming toothie critters. Usually the winning shark is an 8' Bull shark or similar. I think one year a 7' Blacktip won... That's the key to winning, lots of small baits and maximize your odds of catching the larger specimens of the small species sharks. The guys who rig up and sit on a 10lb bait all weekend waiting on a Tiger shark end up with nothing to show for it because the small(er) sharks will pickup the bait and run with it, they get all excited but the bait is not in the fish's mouth so they drop it. You hear a lot of "something BIG picked up my bait and took off, but it dropped it" stories. Small bait is the key, land every shark that runs your bait and see what you end up with. By the way this is a catch & release tournament, if the shark is not released successfully your entry is invalidated and you don't get squat. There are some crews out there that can successfully release a 15' Tiger shark successfully, but for the average few guys fishing that's not an easy accomplishment on the beach.

Felt pretty good today, though this cut is definitely starting to take away strength in some of my lifts I guess it's a necessary evil.

This is based on Week 1 Tuesday workout from the 5/3/1 on Dave Tate's template, but I swapped in the Shrugs for the Quad exercises for some reason. I'm just going to superset Leg Ext and Leg Curl next time.

Barbell Deadlift warmups
    195x5 - double overhand grip
    245x5 - double overhand grip
    295x3 - double overhand grip
    Barbell Deadlift working sets
    320x5 - mixed grip right
    365x5 - mixed grip left
    415x4 - straps. also supposed to be 5 reps but I got lazy

Superset: Barbell Good Mornings and Smith Machine Shrugs
    115x15 / 3 plates per side x 10
    115x12 / 3 plates per side x 8
    115x12 / 3 plates per side x 7
    115x15 / 3 plates per side x 7
    115x12

I don't ever work with the smith so I don't know what the actual weight is, anybody know what the bar provides in addition to the weights? Just the plates would be 270.

Ab Crunch Machine
    140x12
    140x12
    140x10

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hairy strong deads
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Took the Gluta-Tren immediately after my workout today and have me a quick boost of energy to continue on with my day as good as ever. Workout:

3 mile jog/walk

Pullups - 10 x 5 sets

Frozen push ups - 75 sec. x 5

Bridges - 75 sec. x 5

Lunges - 50 x 5

metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by emergency View Post
    Hairy strong deads
    this x2!!!
    **** TwinlabFuel Representative ****
    Follow me on Instagram: @silenced_recon

If you're going through hell, keep going.

For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear...when you are the hammer, strike.

Squat- 545/ Deadlift- 585/ Bench-435

conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conradcrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    415x4...holly crap bro nice work!
    www.promerasports.com
    www.********.com/PromeraSports

Thx guys. It's the one lift I have that's somewhat decent, now if I could get the rest of my lifts up on par I'd be stoked. I'm afraid to see what happens on this cut when I run out of Con-Cret.

No lifting today, Wednesday is off day / grocery Wednesday at work.

Sipping on my 2 scoops of Super Electric Lemonade Shazzam flavored Con-Cret. Man I love this stuff, tastes good and I know I perform better with it... wish I could have an endless supply.

Man it's tough holding on to my strength in this deficit but it's still in there somewhere. I'm noticing reps and trailing end of the workouts getting a little harder. For that reason I seem to enjoy the Week 2's of the 5/3/1 on the 3 rep sets, I seem to do well on those. I have to say I am so freaking happy to have the Con-Cret and Gluta-Tren stack to run with this cut, this has got to be the most successful cut I've done so far in terms of not losing as much strength. Strength went away and then actually went back up pretty much the same as where it was in the beginning of the cut when I started the CC/GT. Quick story and then the workout stats.

So I get back to the office from the gym, raining pretty hard out side, and I see two co-workers standing inside the glass doors of the building waving at me like mad. I look around for a mugger or something but see nothing so I go up and open the door, they both jump back about 5 feet and start yelling SNAKE... BIG SNAKE! So of course I look around for the snake next to my feet and find nothing. One of them has a picture on her phone and it proves to be one of those little green headed garter snakes. I explain that it's a "good" snake and eats bugs and roaches (I have no idea if that's true lol) and ask if they like roaches to which they both reply NO. So I look around and say it must be gone, they start walking to the car for lunch and one of them spots it in the flower bushes. I go over and start poking it's tail to show them it doesn't bite, snake takes off like a bat out of hell straight toward them and without thinking of course I blurt out "Lookout, it's coming after you!" LOL I don't think I've ever seen a pair of ladies run so fast in heels hahaha, so cute! They never stopped even though I tried to tell them the snake went the other way, all the way through the parking lot to the car. I'm sure I'm going to hear about it when they get back.

Barbell Bench Press
    95x5
    120x5
    155x5
    180x5
    205x4<--5 reps scheduled and I had it in me, but no spotter so I mentally bailed

Hammer Strength Incline Press - Dunno how much the arms weigh, so the weights are just whatever the plates are.
    140x10
    140x10
    110x10
    110x8
    110x8
    ^towards the end of that 3rd set I felt my strength just flat out tank. I'm going to up the carbs more pre-workout tomorrow to see about preventing that type of thing.

Superset: Pullups / Tricep Pushdowns
    Overhand BW x 7 / 120x10
    Overhand BW x 6 / 120x8
    Overhand BW x 5 / 110x8
    Underhand BW x 5 / 100x10
    Parallel BW x 5 / 100x10
    ^All pullups done with slow full ROM from bottom to top, no bouncing or partial reps

Fruit punch kool-aid tasting Gluta-Tren helped me through my workout today greatly. Was on an empty stomach and wouldn't have been able to give it as much effort with out it.

Workout: Jog - 2 miles jog/walk

Pull ups - x18, 15, 10, 10

Frozen push ups - 75 seconds x 3

Fluter kicks - 50 x 3

Squats - 25 x 3

I tried to record the whole circuit but my phone wouldn't let me record anything past the pull ups. Hows the form looking? Was reading the pull up contest thread and got me thinking about doing some.

^ wish I could do more pullups.

Well I certainly had enough cake over Mother's Day festivities to top of the glycogen stores, and then some. Hopefully today's workout will show well for it. The 3 rep weeks are usually my best chance of getting my numbers on the 5/3/1 program anyway, got military press today. Going fishing on Friday, so I'm thinking about condensing the program into 4 straight days rather than taking Wednesday off so I don't miss my squats. I'll have to see how I feel on Wednesday morning.

Happy Monday Hairy hope your weekend was great.

I posted that video in the "Pull up Contest" thread and got politely bashed pretty hard but now I know better how to properly do a pull up. Live and learn.

I was telling my gf about the shark fishing contest down their and her eyes started getting bigger and bigger. Would be awesome to try something like that at least once!

Happy Monday Hairy hope your weekend was great.

I posted that video in the "Pull up Contest" thread and got politely bashed pretty hard but now I know better how to properly do a pull up. Live and learn.

I was telling my gf about the shark fishing contest down their and her eyes started getting bigger and bigger. Would be awesome to try something like that at least once!
    Ah, they got you for "kipping" did they?

I'm about 90% sure wife and I are heading down this weekend, if we don't hit the surf for a shark trip we'll be taking the boat out but I'm missing the surf something fierce. I've been following the seaweed reports all weekend and looks like I can head to the far South end of the beach to get some clear spots. 60 miles of 4x4 driving in soft sand is a tough haul but it's worth it when you get down there and you're the only one out there and the fishing is good. I haven't made a trip since last year though so I have my work cut out for me getting all the tackle and shark rods put together, not sure I have leaders ready but I should have material to make some new ones I think. Had my Penn 525 mag cleaned by a friend so I should be able to launch it a mile out if necessary for some pompano, reds, and jacks. That is my all around go-to reel on the 12' Tica casting rod that can make or break a trip. I'll try to remember to take it slow and get some pics on the trip, haven't been taking any pics on my trips and that's just wrong.

Can't believe you have to ride 60 miles an a quad but I bet its a relaxing ride like you said knowing you'll be the only person in sight. Best of luck to you hope you catch a new record fish (yeah take pics for confirmation lol) Sounds like you got your gear in prime condition and if the weathers going to allow it no excuses to have a good time.

Thumbs up

I have been taking my Kool-Aid Fruit Punch Gluta-Tren the last couple days while doing yard work and has been doing me great! The yard just doesn't prime its self for summer so lots of moving dirt, weeding, mowing, mulching. Really feel like it gives me a rush of energy that helps me get things done better than I would have with out it.

Can't believe you have to ride 60 miles an a quad but I bet its a relaxing ride like you said knowing you'll be the only person in sight. Best of luck to you hope you catch a new record fish (yeah take pics for confirmation lol) Sounds like you got your gear in prime condition and if the weathers going to allow it no excuses to have a good time.
    We actually roll in the truck, and the drive aint too relaxing because if you're not careful you can end up digging for hours. Hang on I'll dig up a pic of something I ran across while heading South a few years ago.

Here it is... he didn't dig fast enough.