Dermax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How the NPC works?

It's my goal to enter a bodybuilding contest in about two years. I've got a ways to go, even for a local show, but a man's got to have a dream. Looking over previous and future contests, however, shows me that (like most things) I'm a long way (distance wise) from any amature contests. I live in South Dakota and the closest thing I can find is Minnesota and North Dakota, both of which are a good three to four hundred miles from me.

The travel doesn't really bother me, but that's only two events in the whole year. It would seem to me that contest results, like everything else, would get better the more you do it. Once you get an NPC card can you travel outside your zone or district to other contests? Also does anyone know if the "Novice Class" is for first show only?

Oh, and I should also ask, if you compete in a non-NPC show, does that mess up your NPC status?
    Last edited by Dermax; 02-04-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dermax View Post
    It's my goal to enter a bodybuilding contest in about two years. I've got a ways to go, even for a local show, but a man's got to have a dream. Looking over previous and future contests, however, shows me that (like most things) I'm a long way (distance wise) from any amature contests. I live in South Dakota and the closest thing I can find is Minnesota and North Dakota, both of which are a good three to four hundred miles from me.

The travel doesn't really bother me, but that's only two events in the whole year. It would seem to me that contest results, like everything else, would get better the more you do it. Once you get an NPC card can you travel outside your zone or district to other contests? Also does anyone know if the "Novice Class" is for first show only?

Oh, and I should also ask, if you compete in a non-NPC show, does that mess up your NPC status?
    We have several shows here in Minnesota that you could do. Contact me for more information (I am a NPC judge in Minnesota). An NPC card allows you to compete in ANY NPC event in that calendar year.

Novice class requirements differ from show to show. Some shows it is for true novice competitor who have never competed before while others limit it to those who have never won an Overall title.

As far as competing in a non-NPC show it is usually against NPC policy to allow you to compete in another federation but most promoters will overlook it if you're willing to compete in their show also.

nuff said...
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Most Muscular View Post
    We have several shows here in Minnesota that you could do. Contact me for more information (I am a NPC judge in Minnesota). An NPC card allows you to compete in ANY NPC event in that calendar year.

Novice class requirements differ from show to show. Some shows it is for true novice competitor who have never competed before while others limit it to those who have never won an Overall title.

As far as competing in a non-NPC show it is usually against NPC policy to allow you to compete in another federation but most promoters will overlook it if you're willing to compete in their show also.

nuff said...
    I didn't know the NPC didn't allow athletes to compete in other federations, is that in the by-laws or is it an unspoken rule?

TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ??? ^^^

there are no restrictions

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TJ_Strong View Post
    ??? ^^^

there are no restrictions
    ...yeah I figured there weren't any "real" restrictions....good friend of mine has been a judge for the npc for like 30 years, was mr alaska back in the 80's and now does judging for the INBF and the NPC...he gets A LOT of flack, and competitors get flack too in the area he's in (georgia), it seems to be because the attendance rates of the local npc shows has dropped drastically and the promoters are freaking out and thinking that by trying to prevent athletes from competing in other orgs that somehow helps the popularity of their shows....which it doesnt....the problem is the popularity of amateur bodybuilding as a whole....not specific organizations....if promoters are turning athletes away...they are in effect turning more fans away, and just decreasing the amount of local interest in bodybuilding...seems like a shortsighted viewpoint that hurts not only the organization the promoter is trying to promote, but the sport as a whole

jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^ nicely said