Thread: carbs vs keto

butcherz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

carbs vs keto

Hey everyone, ive gained a ton of weight i think i may have an eating disorder and im really trying to be healthier and lose all my fat. The problem is i had this friend who was a competing bodybuilder and told me the best way is keto and even if your not trying to diet you should still do keto and carbs do nothing and they are bad. i am having such a hard time understanding diet. should i eat the same thing everyday? (it is easier) should i eat differently everyday, im having an extremely hard time and if someone is willing to help me i would be willing to throw a little money your way. im scared for my health and i need a diet plan, i dont have the finances to be able to see a licensed dietician and doctor. on top of that im having a hard time finding tasty easy to make meals that would be keto friendly. i used to play football for 12 years and my life has kinda gone to **** in the past years. i need so much help and have lots of questions please and thank you.

gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "carbs do nothing and they are bad" is the absolute worst, most untruthful statement somebody could make. Carbs serve so many functions in your body I won't even try to type them out. Just do a google search.

If you think you might have a legit eating disorder you should go see someone and get that in check.

You need to get the right perspective on food, first and foremost, as a stepping stone to greater health.
    Better Every Day: A Log About Lifting, Supps, and Life
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174233481

BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by butcherz View Post
    Hey everyone, ive gained a ton of weight i think i may have an eating disorder and im really trying to be healthier and lose all my fat. The problem is i had this friend who was a competing bodybuilder and told me the best way is keto and even if your not trying to diet you should still do keto and carbs do nothing and they are bad. i am having such a hard time understanding diet. should i eat the same thing everyday? (it is easier) should i eat differently everyday, im having an extremely hard time and if someone is willing to help me i would be willing to throw a little money your way. im scared for my health and i need a diet plan, i dont have the finances to be able to see a licensed dietician and doctor. on top of that im having a hard time finding tasty easy to make meals that would be keto friendly. i used to play football for 12 years and my life has kinda gone to **** in the past years. i need so much help and have lots of questions please and thank you.
    Well first off, don't listen to your friend. Everyone reacts differently to every diet and that is why you gotta see how your body reacts. If you are very heavy I suggest to start by cutting out any unhealthy foods from your diet (fast food, sugary drinks, junk food) and do that for a couple weeks. You'll lose quite a bit of weight doing that. Low carb diets don't react well with my body and cause me to be very tired and fatigued, which is why I eat around 230-250g of carbs a day. Carbs are not bad for your body so don't listen to people saying that "carbs are bad."

Personally, I feel the best way to properly lose weight is to track macros and count calories, which requires work but in the end it is beneficial. You can read the stickies on this forum to help you get started on that.

Also, start implementing aerobic exercise and weight lifting into your routine, that will help you in your journey. All of this you can learn by reading the stickies as well. If you have any other questions, just message me. I'd definitely be willing to help!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Keto is not superior to a conventional mixed diet which is made up from mostly whole or minimally processed foods. You can still eat mostly meat and vegetables but keep yourself sane by having a some potatos, rice, bread etc. as long as you track your calories and protein.

You would probably find what I describe much easier to plan and adhere to compared to keto. But if you are determined to try it - then try it but choose it from preference not from a mistaken belief that it's somehow better.