Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User SubWooferCooker's Avatar
    SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well ive been told that the body can only use around 30g of protein every 2-3 hours and the excess you piss out and don't get used, so if you eat more than 30g in one go your just wasting food and money. But to me im looking at it as a plus because when i cut im going to get around 1800 calories from other food then eat as much protein as i want like 100g in one go so i only use 30g and the other 70g i will piss out but will make me feel fuller before i piss it in the sink and wont count towards my calories because the body can't use it.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SubWooferCooker View Post
    Well ive been told that the body can only use around 30g of protein every 2-3 hours and the excess you piss out and don't get used, so if you eat more than 30g in one go your just wasting food and money. But to me im looking at it as a plus because when i cut im going to get around 1800 calories from other food then eat as much protein as i want like 100g in one go so i only use 30g and the other 70g i will piss out but will make me feel fuller before i piss it in the sink and wont count towards my calories because the body can't use it.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was far faster than me trying to explain it. Thank you for that.

TidePrideRTR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Chemistryguy85 View Post
    There is a preponderance of contradictory information that exists on this subject.

A calorie is not exactly a calorie when it comes to the body's response to it. Lyle McDonald does a wonderful job of explaining this through many detailed articles.

Carbs are ultimately broken down into acetyl-CoA. Acetyl-CoA is a central molecule in metabolism, and depending on the body's needs, Acetyl-CoA con be converted into fatty acids in situations of caloric excess, or Acetyl-CoA may enter the TCA cycle in situations were the body needs to produce ATP. This, like all biological processes, is under hormonal control: insulin, catecholamimes, etc. This becomes beautifully complex and is still not fully understood.

Before continuing, it is important to understand that carbohydrates, all of which are converted to glucose (except fructose) in individuals without enzyme defects, certain diseases, are preferentially stored as glycogen. However, due to glycogen's osmotic activity, only so much of it can be maintained by the body. Therefore, in times when glycogen stores are full and a carb excess exists, those carbs are converted to Acetyl-CoA and Acetyl-CoA is converted into fatty acids.

Proteins follow a more circuitous route to becoming fat. First, they must be deaminated. After deamination, the amount of processing required depends on the individual structure of the amino acid.

The poster that stated that certain amino acids bypass gluconeogenisis and take a more direct route to becoming Acetyl-coA is correct. Alanine is converted through the Cori cycle (alanine cycle) into pyruvate, a molecule that is one step away from Acetyl-CoA. Alanine is the most abundant amino acid in nature. Glutamine is the second most abundant. Both of these amino acids funnel into gluconeogenisis and conversion into fatty acids.

Now, some will undoubtedly point out that not all amino acids can be converted to glucose. This to is true, but unfortunately, the most abundant amino acids in nature are the amino acids that when consumed in excess are most readily stored as fat.

As a final thought, whether or not the food one consumes is stored or wasted, as are some excess amino acids, a caloric excess relieves the body's need to utilize its stored energy.

The best advice is always consume under maintanence to insure weight reduction.
    This should end thread. If you want more info look up gluconeogenisis pathway and kreb cycle.

Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100) Relakos is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ryanmma100 View Post
    Does excess Protein get stored as fat.
    This is a concern.
    Most bodybuilders eat tons of protein and most people
    think carbs are the only thing to watch out for.
    I read this article and apparently excess protein gets turned into fat.
    Your opinions?
    And i can post a link to the article because im not over 50 posts but just google or bing
    "can your body turn protein into fat"
    You definitely did not go to school. Protein can not brake down into anything. They are amino acids. Carbohydrates=sugar=body fat
    Fa

MidasSandahl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ryanmma100 View Post
    Does excess Protein get stored as fat.
    This is a concern.
    Most bodybuilders eat tons of protein and most people
    think carbs are the only thing to watch out for.
    I read this article and apparently excess protein gets turned into fat.
    Your opinions?
    And i can post a link to the article because im not over 50 posts but just google or bing
    "can your body turn protein into fat"
    Will your body store it as fat? Definetly.
    BUT
    While it takes a few hours to turn carbs into fat, protein takes 2-3 days to turn into fat, and if you eat excess protein every day, youll become fatter, yes, but when its that slow and you follow a normal diet without too much protein supplements etc. youll be fine.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MidasSandahl View Post
    Will your body store it as fat? Definetly.
    BUT
    While it takes a few hours to turn carbs into fat, protein takes 2-3 days to turn into fat, and if you eat excess protein every day, youll become fatter, yes, but when its that slow and you follow a normal diet without too much protein supplements etc. youll be fine.
    Nice 4+ year thread bump.

Also, you're timelines are stupid and wrong.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The answer here:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...orage-qa.html/

...should put this to bed.