srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Peak Week Calories

I wanted to know if any of you guys who have front loaded carbs what have you done with your calories? Have you kept them at a deficit throughout peak week or have you stayed at maintenance level to make up for the increase in carbs?
    "The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone?
    "The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by srt33 View Post
    Anyone?
    I have done it at the beginning of the week like a refeed at maintenance, then tapered off towards the end of the week. You can check out Layne's Peak Week under the sticky's.
    Max Fit Consulting
    Contest Prep Coaching

Certified Personal Trainer- NCSF
    Sports Nutrition -NCSF
    Certified Personal Trainer- AFFA

Originally Posted by big lew View Post
    I have done it at the beginning of the week like a refeed at maintenance, then tapered off towards the end of the week. You can check out Layne's Peak Week under the sticky's.
    Thanks for the reply

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The purpose of front loading your carbs is that you are leaving room to get chock full AND most likely spill. The key is to only get slightly watery and then reign in the calories to clean up the mess. Now this is where experience comes into play.....you kind of have to know how much to pull vs your workout volume, cardio, etc. I tried front loading one time and pulled my carbs only to flatten out horribly by friday morning. So experience and a good, objective eye on the mirror are two keys to making a front load work. Otherwise, I believe most people are best off with a moderate back load short of chock full.....you get 90% of the look you want without the worry. Trying to walk that line of keeping full to the brim but not spilled is probably best off left until you a good chunk of experience
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    The purpose of front loading your carbs is that you are leaving room to get chock full AND most likely spill. The key is to only get slightly watery and then reign in the calories to clean up the mess. Now this is where experience comes into play.....you kind of have to know how much to pull vs your workout volume, cardio, etc. I tried front loading one time and pulled my carbs only to flatten out horribly by friday morning. So experience and a good, objective eye on the mirror are two keys to making a front load work. Otherwise, I believe most people are best off with a moderate back load short of chock full.....you get 90% of the look you want without the worry. Trying to walk that line of keeping full to the brim but not spilled is probably best off left until you a good chunk of experience
    I appreciate the valuable insight. I guess i will just monitor myself everyday to make sure i am not spilling over too much and have time to tighten back up.