livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best way to increase deadlift

Been on 531 for about 7 months. Basically no increase in my deadlift at all. My other lifts have gone up nicely and ive added a little mass but im weak as hell on the deads. Is there a different routine i can incorporate into this workout thatll help increase my deads

Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know how your form is but it may be off slightly. This vid may help a little.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syt7A23YnpA
    Also good mornings, pullthrus, and some weighted ab work may help as well.

livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried good mornings but ive screwed up something in my lower right part ofy back. Had to cut deads short tonite. I know i shld do more ab work tho. Maybe thatll help me

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    I tried good mornings but ive screwed up something in my lower right part ofy back. Had to cut deads short tonite. I know i shld do more ab work tho. Maybe thatll help me
    How is ab work doing to help you deadlift, which is primarily a leg exercise?
    OG

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What sort of assistance work are you currently doing?

Also currently what are your lifts?

You could try doing BBB.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusAgrippa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    How is ab work doing to help you deadlift, which is primarily a leg exercise?
    Deadlift is not primarily a leg exercise. Does it incorporate legs to a large degree? Yes. But it also does the same with your entire back. Strong abs are important to maintain intraabdominal pressure which assists in preventing the lower back from rounding.
    My intermittent fasting and compound lifting journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142983033

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't do 5/3/1 at this stage, OP.

Pick a full body program. Do it three times a week, with no two days in a row. Make sure deadlifts are done at least once a week, and weight progression is laid out, more or less, in the program. One example would be Starting Strength. There are numerous others.

If you have seen no improvement in a such a fundamental lift, in 7 months... yeah, think about a different approach. Really.

The fact of the matter is, 5/3/1 is one of the best programs out there to improve and assist deadlifts (along with the other three big lifts) - for intermediate+ lifters, anyway. The other possibility here is that you're not at all doing the program right. And/or not at all doing deadlifts right in the first place...

Maybe try posting a form video in the Exercises forum.

khenty Amenty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    Been on 531 for about 7 months. Basically no increase in my deadlift at all. My other lifts have gone up nicely and ive added a little mass but im weak as hell on the deads. Is there a different routine i can incorporate into this workout thatll help increase my deads
    5x5 doing only bench, squat, deadlift. 3 times a week. Your strength gains will go through the roof. And your deadlift will be WOAH!!!!

Im doing 531 right trust me. And i pretty much am an Intermediate lifter. I chose 531 becuz it gives slower progression. I tried madcows before and when i got to the 4th week of it where u add 5 lbs and i couldnt even do it. Couldnt progress into the 5th week. Anyway 531 is working for my other lifts. Squat and bench and shoulders r doing good. But My deads have sucked and now my back is killin me. Not sure what to do. 5x5?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There are two articles on the chaos and pain blog currently on how to choose a deadlift stance - including a 6 week routine which you are supposed to run twice to choose between sumo/conventional and adjust your stance to the best advantage.

If you screwed up your back, you probably have week spinae erectors - as stated, pullthroughs and GMs will help. Start them off light with high reps and slowly build.

Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Read this article.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/training/d...ke-a-champion/

Identify your weak spot and work on it. Also, make sure you are doing Boring But Big for your assistance exercises.