Thread: Clothing Size

smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Clothing Size

Before the weight I was a size 3 and after 3 kids I was a size 11, then gained more weight and had to wear a size 12 after awhile my size 12's were too tight. So far I have lost 16lbs and I still have to wear my size 11/12 (they fit), but they are loose in certain areas. Some of my pants look ridiculous on me, but my body just is not ready for a smaller size (hips are the problem) will I ever get out of my size 12's? I want to be able to wear a smaller size to show the real effort and progress my body has made. Does anyone else have this problem?

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    The problem is:

1) you are between sizes
    2) there is no real standard manufacturers follow for sizing, what one says is size 11/12 another will call 10 and still another 13. If you go into petites sizing they change the measurements again.

I find when I lose weight that I lose faster up top than on the bottom, but even when it comes to my bottom half, I lose faster in the hips than waist. Just trust in the process. It takes time but eventually all your body parts will catch up : ).

Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000) Monicka8311 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good advice... maybe it's time to embrace some tights/pants and tunic tops. I kind of have the opposie problem where I can't really tell if my jeans are getting looser because my butt/hips still make them feel tight. I've lost two inches off my waist gained .5 inch on my hips and feel like i'm getting no where.
    The sizing for womens jeans is terrible. I try to shop in a hurry or even online because I hate going to the mall (not because i hate shopping but because i spend WAY too much money) and one pair will fit me perfect but none of the others will.
    Seriously though, take the time where some cute dresses or tights, boots and tunics.

LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000) LegallyBlondee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by smerino84 View Post
    Before the weight I was a size 3 and after 3 kids I was a size 11, then gained more weight and had to wear a size 12 after awhile my size 12's were too tight. So far I have lost 16lbs and I still have to wear my size 11/12 (they fit), but they are loose in certain areas. Some of my pants look ridiculous on me, but my body just is not ready for a smaller size (hips are the problem) will I ever get out of my size 12's? I want to be able to wear a smaller size to show the real effort and progress my body has made. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I think a lot of this can depend on the brand of the jeans and what they are made of. I got a fantastic pair of jeans from Express- they were a tad more then I wanted to spend (but you can usually find some great coupons online to bring in) but they always fit great, even if I am in between sizes. Have you tried branching out to other stores/different companies? Good luck- and congrats on the weight loss!
    *LF Chat Crew*
    *Lawyer Crew*
    ++Positive Crew++

asmallone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also agree, brand is everything. i'm really short and wear literally everything between a 0 and an 8. so some brands make me feel tiny and others, not so much. what's important is... do they make you look good and feel confident about yourself! i used to watch that "what not to wear" show and i remember one of "clintons" biggest tips was that we should pick clothes that fit us for what size we are now, not what size we want to be. that was we feel confident now and strong enough to take actions towards getting to that ideal size! but congrats, sounds like you're losing weight and doing awesome in that regard.

smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking thanx

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I have not tried different brands or done shopping at all becuz I'm terrified lol. I will definitely give in and try it just to see how I feel. I have never been a 'dress wearing' kinda gal, but i will try that too.