Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

good tips to maintain nutritional discipline while powerlifting?

this is by far the most difficult aspect for me. i feel like ive gained too much body fat so ive changed my diet a little. i am a bit more loose with my diet on my heavy training days (sheiko- 3 days of the week) and on nonlifting/non sheiko days i am a bit more stringent.

Still feel like this may not be optimal to lose weight.

do not care about my physical appearance anymore tbh so ive stopped tracking my macros which i used to do. i really dont want to do this again

how do you guys maintain weight? any good tips? on heavy squat/deadlift days i really cannot control myself
    you come at the king, you best not miss

mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really wish I could help you on this one, but I'm going through exactly the same thing. Overeating (to the extent of binge eating) has held me back in powerlifting for over 2 years now.
    My log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144840161&page=3

407/226/457 @ 128.0 at 2013 USAPL MO State / Ozarks
    342/210/435 @ 120.8 at 2012 Arnold Sports Festival Raw Challenge

[ Misc Strength Crew ] [ Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs ]

TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mkal View Post
    I really wish I could help you on this one, but I'm going through exactly the same thing. Overeating (to the extent of binge eating) has held me back in powerlifting for over 2 years now.
    have you tried anything?

i fuking hate buying fat clothes lol

mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheBateman View Post
    have you tried anything?

i fuking hate buying fat clothes lol
    An EC stack helps but only for so long. Aside from that the best thing I've found so far is to keep track of situations or foods that are most likely to cause you to eat over your macros. For me, that includes things like peanut butter, things high in sugar, eating a later lunch, late night snacking, social events, etc. Once you recognize what's likely to set off overeating, it becomes easier (at least in theory) to avoid. You also mention that you're not counting macros, but if you want to avoid that, it's probably a good idea to get in a rhythm of eating similar meals so it's easier for you to know when you're about to go over your usual amount for the day.
    My log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144840161&page=3

407/226/457 @ 128.0 at 2013 USAPL MO State / Ozarks
    342/210/435 @ 120.8 at 2012 Arnold Sports Festival Raw Challenge

[ Misc Strength Crew ] [ Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs ]

simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've always been a fan of only stocking up on decent non shiatty foods so your forced to eat a lot healthier. But my wife makes this a lot harder because she has quite the sweet tooth.
    Total's = Jan. 2012 - 1036 @ 198's
    Jan. 2013 - 1184 @ 220's
    Jul. 2013 - 1251 @ 220's
    Jan. 2014 - 1355 @ 242's

Originally Posted by mkal View Post
    An EC stack helps but only for so long. Aside from that the best thing I've found so far is to keep track of situations or foods that are most likely to cause you to eat over your macros. For me, that includes things like peanut butter, things high in sugar, eating a later lunch, late night snacking, social events, etc. Once you recognize what's likely to set off overeating, it becomes easier (at least in theory) to avoid. You also mention that you're not counting macros, but if you want to avoid that, it's probably a good idea to get in a rhythm of eating similar meals so it's easier for you to know when you're about to go over your usual amount for the day.
    good ideas. i guess i'll toss my PB now, too calorically dense for me anyway. ive stopped using protein powders as well and eating mass amounts of chicken breasts instead to improve satiety. hopefully my hunger subsides

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Something Wendler and others have suggested is drinking a protein shake before your meals.

Fills you up so you don't overeat, but you get plenty of protein.

Might be something to try.

I also eat a giant salad prior to almost all lunches and dinners now.

Seems to help fill me up more.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Something Wendler and others have suggested is drinking a protein shake before your meals.

Fills you up so you don't overeat, but you get plenty of protein.

Might be something to try.

I also eat a giant salad prior to almost all lunches and dinners now.

Seems to help fill me up more.
    interesting idea. did he include that in his 5/3/1 book or is it elsewhere?

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheBateman View Post
    interesting idea. did he include that in his 5/3/1 book or is it elsewhere?
    I saw it in a Q&A post recently. Will see if I can find the link, but it wasn't anything more than what I mentioned.

Edit:

http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1464

And a quote from another article I saw posted on another site.

JW: What is this, the nutrition issue? Do I look like a ****ing dietitian?

Here's some easy advice that will slice fat off of the laziest bastard, and you don't need a freaking food scale to do it.

Let me take you back—again--to my college weight gaining days. I eventually got up to around 255lbs. I was strong as hell, but couldn't run; not a very good combination for football. I had shin splints and a perpetual lower back pump that killed me, so I knew I had to drop the weight and get back into fighting shape.

As you can well imagine, my fat loss plan was also very basic. Lifting would continue as normal, and as I had to get my lungs back, I began doing 40-yard sprints, running stadiums, and doing some long distance work (as much as my shins would allow me). This was a slow process, but I knew all the roadwork was a necessity as I had to get my ass into shape for spring ball.

As for diet, I knew I had to cut back on my calories so I developed a very simple eating plan. Ready? I basically did the opposite of my high school weight gain system; so instead of drinking a weight gain shake after each meal, I drank a protein drink (2 scoops of whey protein in water) before I ate a meal.

What this did was fill me up before I ate and severely limited my food intake. I didn't really limit myself to what I ate, although I did try to eat cleaner.

So that's it: One protein drink (two scoops of protein) in water before every meal. The result? I got down to 235 quickly and eventually down to 225. This is by far the easiest way to lose weight without all the calorie counting and macronutrient-restricting stuff I've done in the past.
    Last edited by Filmbuff81; 04-11-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I eat less and make sure I have enough food in the house so I don't get hungry.

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    I saw it in a Q&A post recently. Will see if I can find the link, but it wasn't anything more than what I mentioned.

Edit:

http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1464

And a quote from another article I saw posted on another site.

JW: What is this, the nutrition issue? Do I look like a ****ing dietitian?

Here's some easy advice that will slice fat off of the laziest bastard, and you don't need a freaking food scale to do it.

Let me take you back—again--to my college weight gaining days. I eventually got up to around 255lbs. I was strong as hell, but couldn't run; not a very good combination for football. I had shin splints and a perpetual lower back pump that killed me, so I knew I had to drop the weight and get back into fighting shape.

As you can well imagine, my fat loss plan was also very basic. Lifting would continue as normal, and as I had to get my lungs back, I began doing 40-yard sprints, running stadiums, and doing some long distance work (as much as my shins would allow me). This was a slow process, but I knew all the roadwork was a necessity as I had to get my ass into shape for spring ball.

As for diet, I knew I had to cut back on my calories so I developed a very simple eating plan. Ready? I basically did the opposite of my high school weight gain system; so instead of drinking a weight gain shake after each meal, I drank a protein drink (2 scoops of whey protein in water) before I ate a meal.

What this did was fill me up before I ate and severely limited my food intake. I didn't really limit myself to what I ate, although I did try to eat cleaner.

So that's it: One protein drink (two scoops of protein) in water before every meal. The result? I got down to 235 quickly and eventually down to 225. This is by far the easiest way to lose weight without all the calorie counting and macronutrient-restricting stuff I've done in the past.
    thanks dude. might reconsider my time off from whey then. rep u on recharge

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This seems to be a big problem with a lot of guys recently. It is easy to go online and read about the ridiculous $hit guys used to eat while training for a meet. The truth is, you don't have to be a f*cking rocket scientist to lose fat (not weight). The old addage, "you are what you eat" is the best peice of nutritional advice ever uttered. So, if you eat $hit all the time, you will be $hit all the time. The 'diet' I put my clients on is always the same. Eat a lean meat and veggies with every meal. Only eat $hitty carbs after you train and within an hour. That's about it. I get complaints like, "I don't have time to cook" and "It doesn't taste like anything." Well, make time to f*cking cook and if you care what your food tastes like then you are always going to have a body composition problem.

Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started reading all of John Kiefer's stuff and he made really a good point, its important to do something you can actually enjoy so you can maintain it indefinitely. I really like his carb backloading idea for that reason exactly. I can splurge and eat things I usually felt guilting about and still make progress. I eat really well otherwise, I just like to throw in some junk post workout and I am able to without turning back into fatty.

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Aaron47pb View Post
    I started reading all of John Kiefer's stuff and he made really a good point, its important to do something you can actually enjoy so you can maintain it indefinitely. I really like his carb backloading idea for that reason exactly. I can splurge and eat things I usually felt guilting about and still make progress. I eat really well otherwise, I just like to throw in some junk post workout and I am able to without turning back into fatty.
    Can you give any indication for how it's worked for you in terms of your lifts?

This is actually working fairly well for me in the 3 weeks I've been doing it. That's not really enough time to objective evaluate whether it's helped in my training (i.e.: did I get weaker or stronger, and was it worth it).

HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post

This is actually working fairly well for me in the 3 weeks I've been doing it. That's not really enough time to objective evaluate whether it's helped in my training (i.e.: did I get weaker or stronger, and was it worth it).
    I have been backloading for a couple months. My weights are going through the roof and I have a ton of energy. Not eating breakfast anymore is one of the best thinggs I have ever done for my performance.

Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aaron47pb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post

I've been doing it for 6-7 weeks. I started doing it because I wanted to gain weight without turning back into a fat ass. I started backloading the same time I began sheiko CMS1. 3 hour workouts with no carbs all day sucked, but I was able to complete the cycle and actually leaned up quite a bit and lost 7-8lbs. I haven't retested my maxes, but I doubt I am getting weaker if I was able to finish the sheiko cycle. Like mike said, skipping breakfast is awesome. Although I might start eating a bunch of bacon in the AM to gain weight. I usually train at 6-7pm, and I suck at getting enough calories in post workout to gain weight.

Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been backloading for a couple months. My weights are going through the roof and I have a ton of energy. Not eating breakfast anymore is one of the best thinggs I have ever done for my performance.
    you not supposed to eat breakfast when you doing carb backloading? Backloading is basically when you don't eat hardly any carbs until after you train. then its a carb fest right? what about days when you dont train

kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would go for high protein, moderate fats and cycled carbs. OP what are your bodyfat levels? Look at Dave Tate at 20% and then at 8% BF.

Dave Tate Before - 18-20% bodyfat. This physique was accomplished with lots of hard, heavy lifting, but really poor food choices

Dave Tate After - 8-10% bodyfat. This physique was accomplished with lots of hard and heavy training and very smart food choices (no extreme dieting here).

From Dr Berardi's Get Shredded Diet

Originally Posted by Rusty56 View Post
    you not supposed to eat breakfast when you doing carb backloading? Backloading is basically when you don't eat hardly any carbs until after you train. then its a carb fest right? what about days when you dont train
    If you want to lose weight, don't eat breakfast. If you want to gain weight, eat a breakfast with no carbs, only protein/fat, ie bacon. Backloading in a nutshell is a carb cycle with all your carbs post workout. Off days should be low carb, but you might need to adjust off day carbs to be ready for the next day of training.

http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...-back-loading/

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/3...ing-follow-up/

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/3...2-backloading/

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/3...nal-follow-up/

http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...t-2-breakfast/

http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...-is-a-calorie/

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kingscross View Post
    I would go for high protein, moderate fats and cycled carbs. OP what are your bodyfat levels? Look at Dave Tate at 20% and then at 8% BF.

Dave Tate Before - 18-20% bodyfat. This physique was accomplished with lots of hard, heavy lifting, but really poor food choices

Dave Tate After - 8-10% bodyfat. This physique was accomplished with lots of hard and heavy training and very smart food choices (no extreme dieting here).

It was also accomplished with the typical "harsh direct lighting in the before picture, flattering overhead lighting to accentuate definition in the after picture" technique, along with the "let's only flex in the after picture" technique.

I'm not saying he didn't lose the weight. I'm just pointing out that before and after photos are deceptive.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    I accomplish my nutritional discipline by having an awesome girlfriend that makes me good lunch. I skip breakfast or just have a protein shake and a zero-carb energy drink.

my lunch is usually high protein, high fat, low carb >30g net carbs.

then i backload at night, even on non-training days (which is why i'm still fat) b/c I need carbs for the next day's training.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

mmmmhmmmmm the Get shredded diet, some fini bars, the anaconda protocol, and lots of EFS equipment. That's all you need.

Bro, those pics put me right at 6%. Keep in mind Dave was not powerlifting in the second picture... probably not in the first one either.

Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wouldn't skipping breakfast just cause you to gorge and splurge later in the day from being famished all day?

kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jack3dSparrow View Post
    Wouldn't skipping breakfast just cause you to gorge and splurge later in the day from being famished all day?
    Agreed Jack Sparrow. I personally find skipping breakfast to be one of the things that would cause me to start eating junk. Eggs in the morning are a wonder. They have a good nutritional profile and have B vitamins.

Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have a look around the web at anti-angiogesis foods. A ton of research has gone into the chemicals in plants that help fight cancer - many of these chemicals work by inhibiting angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels). What the research has found is that these chemicals also inhibit growth of new fat cells (because these cells need new blood vessels to help them grow) and help the body maintain a normal weight. So Filmbuff81 has the right idea - by eating salads he's not only filling himself up but also getting a large dose of plant compounds that help limit weight gain even if he does eat too much.
    Here's a TED talk on the topic: http://www.ted.com/talks/william_li.html
    Here's a page with a list of the best foods to eat to get this effect: http://lizzletwizzle.hubpages.com/hu...ogenesis-Foods
    Dude if it walked, flew, or swam at one point, eat it - SolidSteel86

Chronobiologically, eating the bulk of your calories later in the day is better than first thing in the morning. Self control is key to, well, pretty much everything you do in life. Splurging on steak and baked potatoes is a little different than splurging on a bag of oreos and peanut butter cups.

Agreed Jack Sparrow. I personally find skipping breakfast to be one of the things that would cause me to start eating junk. Eggs in the morning are a wonder. They have a good nutritional profile and have B vitamins.
    If you can't go 3-4 hours without eating after you wake up, that is pathetic. If you try it, I think you will be surprised how easy it is.

If you can't go 3-4 hours without eating after you wake up, that is pathetic. If you try it, I think you will be surprised how easy it is.
    LOL! We are all not on intermittent fasting or whatever diet you are on. In my case I would have been training the night before and I would at least feed my body some protein/fats in the morning. Walking around with my stomach rumbling in the morning and going almost 12 hours without protein wouldn't go down well with me.

Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rusty56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I actually get way more hungry if I eat breakfast. i'll be down right starving at lunch if I do. If I dont eat then I dont really get that hungry.