Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advise on Workout

OK so ive only recently begun working out at home. Without going on and on, heres my issue.

I only have 30kg of weight and no money for any more. With it on the barbell im doing 4 sets of 15 bech press quite well. The idea is to build size and strength.

So heres what im doing ( not the complete workout, just an idea )

Starting with 3 sets of 25 -30 push ups.

then 4 sets of 15 bench press ( with the 30kg )

then 3 sets of 8 single arm dumbell bench press ( 20kg )

same idea goes for working other parts too. High reps with a bar bell, then the same or similar work on the same muscle groups with a higher weighted dumbbell.

Can i get your thoughts on this method until i can get some more weights?

Joshuauk93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's hard for anyone to help you without knowing more details about yourself, weight/height kinda things. I have a few weights at home and it's a lot harder to be motivated without going to a gym, however if that's your only option it can definitely be achieved. As I said about knowing more of your personal details it's hard to say how much or how little that weight is going to work for you, guessing you're anywhere around my age/size/build etc I can say the bench press is going to do very little to help you gain size/strength as it's just too light for that sort of exercise.

You have enough weight for exercises involving smaller muscles/harder movements so for example; bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises etc but for compounds you're gonna want to use much heavier weights.

To substitute out the bench press I would actually recommend weighted pushups instead, for example, you could fill an old rucksack with your weight disks and that would be a lot harder than a simple 30kg flat bench.

Overall though I think you would be better focusing on bodyweight exercises and using the light weights for only the lifts that don't require much weight.

Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Joshuauk93 View Post
    It's hard for anyone to help you without knowing more details about yourself, weight/height kinda things. I have a few weights at home and it's a lot harder to be motivated without going to a gym, however if that's your only option it can definitely be achieved. As I said about knowing more of your personal details it's hard to say how much or how little that weight is going to work for you, guessing you're anywhere around my age/size/build etc I can say the bench press is going to do very little to help you gain size/strength as it's just too light for that sort of exercise.

You have enough weight for exercises involving smaller muscles/harder movements so for example; bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises etc but for compounds you're gonna want to use much heavier weights.

To substitute out the bench press I would actually recommend weighted pushups instead, for example, you could fill an old rucksack with your weight disks and that would be a lot harder than a simple 30kg flat bench.

Overall though I think you would be better focusing on bodyweight exercises and using the light weights for only the lifts that don't require much weight.
    Thanks, well im 32, 5ft 7inches weighing 12 stone @ 20 - 25 % bodyfat.