bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Marathon training while cutting

Alright so I've done the cutting and bulking..and cutting and more bulking and..you get the point..I'm not looking for basic advice about cutting..my question is: I am training to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) in mid September..I am starting my cut at the end of April, which is when I will begin training for the half marathon..(yes 12 weeks is enough time to train so let's get that out of the way) how would you guys go about keeping your strength up in the weight room while running around 30-40 miles a week? Should I still be aiming for my usual 500 below maintenance? Also considering an EC stack this time around as I've heard good things..any thoughts?

astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bears54y2 View Post
    Alright so I've done the cutting and bulking..and cutting and more bulking and..you get the point..I'm not looking for basic advice about cutting..my question is: I am training to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) in mid September..I am starting my cut at the end of April, which is when I will begin training for the half marathon..(yes 12 weeks is enough time to train so let's get that out of the way) how would you guys go about keeping your strength up in the weight room while running around 30-40 miles a week? Should I still be aiming for my usual 500 below maintenance? Also considering an EC stack this time around as I've heard good things..any thoughts?
    Cool goal dude. Good luck on the half marathon!

First off, if you eat 1g protein per lb of LBM you shouldn't see too much loss.
    Personally, I'd completely eliminate all isolation movements. Only do bare minimum number of sets but keep them very heavy weight. Focus on chest press, military press, dead lifts, squats, rows and pullups (weighted if you can do more than 10 bodyweight pullups imo). You're going to need more energy for your runs, so keep your lifts concise.
    Some people just don't want to hear the simplicity of it all, because then there's no excuse when they fail.

bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bears54y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by astigos View Post
    Cool goal dude. Good luck on the half marathon!

First off, if you eat 1g protein per lb of LBM you shouldn't see too much loss.
    Personally, I'd completely eliminate all isolation movements. Only do bare minimum number of sets but keep them very heavy weight. Focus on chest press, military press, dead lifts, squats, rows and pullups (weighted if you can do more than 10 bodyweight pullups imo). You're going to need more energy for your runs, so keep your lifts concise.
    Thanks for the advice man..you think I should still weightlift 4 times a week or go to maybe two or three times a week..obviously I know the best answer is try it out and if you're too sore then go from there..but I'm just wondering what your opinion is off the top of your head

astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bears54y2 View Post
    Thanks for the advice man..you think I should still weightlift 4 times a week or go to maybe two or three times a week..obviously I know the best answer is try it out and if you're too sore then go from there..but I'm just wondering what your opinion is off the top of your head
    Top of my head is do the minimum to keep your muscles stimulated. Minimum would be 3 days/week.

Monday: Chest press, rows
    Wednesday: Deadlifts, pullups
    Friday: Squats, shoulder press

I'd do 3 sets of each exercise aiming for repetitions of 6-10. Training for a half-marathon would be so costly on your recovery ability you just need to skirt by with the bare minimum to keep your LBM.
    Some people just don't want to hear the simplicity of it all, because then there's no excuse when they fail.