trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Critique My Diet for Getting down to 10% body fat?

Hey guys I'm at 18% body fat according to one of those stupid OMRON fat calculators. Personally based on how I look I think I'm a lot closer to 15%. I'm 6'1.5'' and 175lbs (endomorph). Anyways I follow the "if it fits your macros" approach to dieting and these are my macros that I've been using on my current cut:

175 grams of Protein
    135 grams of carbs
    70 grams of fat

I've recently rethought my macros and I'm wondering if you think it'd be better if I got:

175 grams of protein
    175 grams of carbs
    70-80 grams of fat

I'm basing my new macro principles based on 1lb of protein/lb bodyweight, 0.4 grams of fat or more per lb of bodyweight, and at 175 grams of carbs I figure it is low enough to put me in a considerable calorie defecit (keep in mind I'm an endomorph and I don't do cardio or train legs [don't mention cardio or leg training. got into a major lower body accident so I do a push/pull/rest/push/pull/rest/etc split])

Do you think I can get down to 10% body fat with these new macros given my situation? I feel fine as far as energy with my given macros. Us endomorphs are like cockroaches; we can get by with few carbs. I just feel if I push the carbs up a little I'll lose less muscle, and eating will be a lot more fun. Advice?

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Make sure your at a deficit and monitor scale/mirror. Do this consistently for about 5-6 months. You'll be at 10% no prob.

That's all that matters is that your burning off more calories then what your taking in.

Good on you for formulating a well thought out macro-nutritional plan, however. Bravo
    www.grazethesky.com

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    body ****types mean practically nothing. i'm an endomorph but i've managed to lose fat just as efficiently as someone who's taller and lankier...find your maintenance level of cals and eat 500 or more below that, without going so extreme that you cause energy issues of course. HOW you split your macros is up to you as far as fats and carbs go, just don't try to avoid fat completely and fill in whatever cals after protein/fats with carbs. if the macro splits have the same overall cals, then progression in fat loss would be the same. lower carb intake makes a lot of people 'think' they're losing fat faster b/c they'll be retaining less water and maybe even be less bloated, but the fat loss would be pretty much identical. if there's nothing wrong with what you're doing now and your energy levels are fine, don't mess with it. just keep trucking until you actually plateau.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Calories seem too low. You're leaving yourself no room to move once you stall
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    body ****types mean practically nothing. i'm an endomorph but i've managed to lose fat just as efficiently as someone who's taller and lankier...find your maintenance level of cals and eat 500 or more below that, without going so extreme that you cause energy issues of course. HOW you split your macros is up to you as far as fats and carbs go, just don't try to avoid fat completely and fill in whatever cals after protein/fats with carbs. if the macro splits have the same overall cals, then progression in fat loss would be the same. lower carb intake makes a lot of people 'think' they're losing fat faster b/c they'll be retaining less water and maybe even be less bloated, but the fat loss would be pretty much identical. if there's nothing wrong with what you're doing now and your energy levels are fine, don't mess with it. just keep trucking until you actually plateau.
    There are some issues here. For one, I don't know my maintenance calories.

And to say ****totypes mean nothing is a little off-edge. Maybe the entire theory of ****totypes could be ridiculous, but I do have friends who eat 3000+ calories a day and are skinny as hell. A good friend of mine I placed on a 4500 calorie diet that he went on for a month. He's 5'7'' 115lbs and he still hadn't gained a lb. In my case, 4500 calories a day and I'll end up noticing a difference in both the mirror and scale in a WEEK. Metabolic rates vary HEAVILY especially in teens because of hormone production and growth occurring at this time. I have pretty much stopped growing (I had an unbelievably raging metabolism at about age 13 where I grew 7 inches in one year. I ate fast food and junk all day and went from 170 to 140lbs without exercise).

I know there are calculators for metabolism, but to be honest for a teen I don't think they're very useful. I can guesstimate with the knowledge that I'm an endo-mesomorph. I'm thinking that these new macros should be fine considering they make up under 2000 calories but I'm kind of unsure about it :/

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ****types mean nothing, i reiterate. your friend is a teenager as well and is likely very active. and 4500 cals a day? impossible, no. i could do that. but he ate 4500 cals EVERY day for 30 days straight? you know this b/c you actually monitored it or b/c he said 'yeah of course i ate 4500 every day man'? very young people can eat tons of food and stay thin, b/c they're typically VERY active. that all being said, there's a number of factors for why your skinny friends stay skinny even eating supposed 3000+ cals a day. but this isn't about them, it's about you. you'll know your maintenance cals when you're eating a set amount of cals per day and after 2-3 weeks you still haven't gained nor lost any weight. that's a good starting point.

i'm telling you man, endo/ecto/meso whatever doesn't mean really anything useful. if you put on weight fast it's b/c you're not as active as a lot of your friends more than likely. i can avoid fat gain much easier now than when i was a teen simply b/c i'm much more active nowadays. your metabolism is directly related to your activity level/age/gender.

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    ****types mean nothing, i reiterate. your friend is a teenager as well and is likely very active. and 4500 cals a day? impossible, no. i could do that. but he ate 4500 cals EVERY day for 30 days straight? you know this b/c you actually monitored it or b/c he said 'yeah of course i ate 4500 every day man'? very young people can eat tons of food and stay thin, b/c they're typically VERY active. that all being said, there's a number of factors for why your skinny friends stay skinny even eating supposed 3000+ cals a day. but this isn't about them, it's about you. you'll know your maintenance cals when you're eating a set amount of cals per day and after 2-3 weeks you still haven't gained nor lost any weight. that's a good starting point.

i'm telling you man, endo/ecto/meso whatever doesn't mean really anything useful. if you put on weight fast it's b/c you're not as active as a lot of your friends more than likely. i can avoid fat gain much easier now than when i was a teen simply b/c i'm much more active nowadays. your metabolism is directly related to your activity level/age/gender.
    I know as ridiculous as it sounds, he's not active at all outside the workouts he does with me (which I also do). 4500 calories a day is not too hard if you eat 3x3 from in-n-out and weight gainer all day. While what you say for the most part is very true, you have to keep in mind the primary issue with a teenager's metabolism: growth.

The year I mentioned I grew an entire 7 inches (went from 5'4'' to 5'11'' in under 12 months), you have to understand HOW MUCH ENERGY is required to make that growth. When you grow 7 inches, you're also growing the size of your muscles, your bone structure is altered, etc. At the same time the typical puberty crap was happening as well like deepening of the voice etc. All of these require an immense amount of energy and puts extreme strain on the body. I remember how angry I would be and how intense my mood swings were and how high my libido was as well. Yes teens are typically very active, but there are still a LOT of teens who play video games and eat all day and cannot gain a single lb. I grew 7 inches and lost 30 lbs doing nothing different to my physical activity...and probably near doubled my caloric intake. When you're 35 or older you're entirely washed out of puberty, and your testosterone levels are more stable. I currently have puffy nipple gyno because of how intense my testosterone got in middle school. All of these are dramatic things. And so I'm sure my friend will become 25 or 30 or 35 and he'll be just like me: watching his macros to make sure he doesn't become overweight. But right now he can eat much more than I can and yet he cannot gain weight. I can't stress enough how obvious this becomes when you look at high school students. I eat more than I ever have (yet much cleaner) and there are kids who are coach potatoes and eat everything in their sight. There are even people on this forum who claim to eat 2500+ calories on their cutting phases. That is more than I eat on a bulk.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by trenofuu View Post
    I know as ridiculous as it sounds, he's not active at all outside the workouts he does with me (which I also do).
    Do you follow him around 24 hours a day?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trenofuu View Post
    Hey guys I'm at 18% body fat according to one of those stupid OMRON fat calculators. Personally based on how I look I think I'm a lot closer to 15%. I'm 6'1.5'' and 175lbs (endomorph). Anyways I follow the "if it fits your macros" approach to dieting and these are my macros that I've been using on my current cut:

175 grams of Protein
    135 grams of carbs
    70 grams of fat

I've recently rethought my macros and I'm wondering if you think it'd be better if I got:

175 grams of protein
    175 grams of carbs
    70-80 grams of fat

I'm basing my new macro principles based on 1lb of protein/lb bodyweight, 0.4 grams of fat or more per lb of bodyweight, and at 175 grams of carbs I figure it is low enough to put me in a considerable calorie defecit (keep in mind I'm an endomorph and I don't do cardio or train legs [don't mention cardio or leg training. got into a major lower body accident so I do a push/pull/rest/push/pull/rest/etc split])

Do you think I can get down to 10% body fat with these new macros given my situation? I feel fine as far as energy with my given macros. Us endomorphs are like cockroaches; we can get by with few carbs. I just feel if I push the carbs up a little I'll lose less muscle, and eating will be a lot more fun. Advice?
    You can't do legs at all? What type of injury did you have? In addition, ****totypes are a bs theory.
    Part of the not eating like a retard crew (NELARC).

My lifting/notable eats log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137551483
    2/3/2013
    Final weigh in for contest 4/30/2013

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Do you follow him around 24 hours a day?
    Lol he's one of my best friends. He's the world's biggest couch potato ever.

I'm not saying ****totype theory is brilliant, but different people have different metabolic rates (which is somewhat related to ****totype theory) especially at younger ages. I'm sure you've had to have heard of people who don't even count carbs in their macros. They just eat 6 big meals a day and try to fill in as much starch as possible. There are people who eat 400g+ carbs a day and remain under 13% body fat year round. To people like myself, once I get below 15% (which I've only done once before) my body starts to HATE me. It slows the fat burning process down and requires me to go to extreme measures like carbless days and intense carb cycling instead of a consistent diet.

i don't believe ****types really apply to teens in the middle of a growth spurt all kinds of odd and unlikely growing can happen during that period of time. but by the time you graduate high school it's likely your metabolism will be directly related to your activity level. i obviously didn't have a big growth spurt, i've been the same height since my sophomore or junior year i'm pretty sure. for those still growing, you can't really nail down their metabolism based on their activity level yet.

main point is that as long as you're in a deficit you'll be doing fine for a long while OP

alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alg0801 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL let me hit you with some truth. The people you think eat whatever the fck they want and remain skinny are only skinny looking in a shirt. Then they take their shirt off and they look like how I did pre-cut. Seems like you are trying to balance your diet though so good job with that.

Btw, how many calories are you consuming per day and what are your stats? If you don't have an answer to this, then you need to strictly and honestly track your caloric intake each day until you're comfortable with it. Literally measure your portion sizes and google the caloric intake. It's the only way to 100% hit your goals without slowly adding 50ish calories on at a time until you're actually eating 300-500 more than you think you are.

When you get good at the dieting thing and you're comfortable with your weight you can stop tracking because by that time you'll learn how to adjust your diet according to what you see in the mirror, scale, and calipers.

Goodluck man