Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) mightymanlet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Happy birthday mate, looking great for 50.

currently between sets bhujerban's Avatar
    bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Rockford Gay Pride!!!

My one-horse town had its first Gay Pride celebration yesterday. I was on the volunteer staff, working backstage at Davis Park. The building looks like this.

I arrived rather early - my shift wasn't until 2 - so I walked around some and got some pictures before the day was past. I shot a photo from the stage while the first band set up their stuff.

They also made a Pridefest Quilt. For $40, people bought a square on the quilt for their business or someone sponsoring the event. This thing will be donated to a local museum for preservation.

Out front was a dance floor that almost no one used all day. I *did* see a lone girl dancing. See if you can spot her.

Brian came by and we played frisbee, a free gift from an insurance company at the fair.

I got to announce a couple acts: CeeCee LaRouge and Nautica Nero. But here's one of Lattice (I think that was her name). The drag was actually in good taste, which is unusual for Rockford.

I met some people - no one new, though - and got tested at the van that came from Springfield to offer their services. Sad truth: they had only one other person before me get tested, and I did mine at 3:30pm! Lol, I doubled their number. My test was negative (yay), and I didn't get sunburned or go off my diet or get into any trouble or face any drama that comes with Rockford gays. I had fun, but came home exhausted.

Attendance was rather low early in the day, but it totally picked up by 4pm. They just neded more vendors and things to do. It was not much that was "gay pride" about it. Next year will be better.

nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So guys let me ask y'all a question...

How much do u have to put up with on a job before you say screw the comfort zone and get a new job?

Been at this company for 5 1/2 years and they have shut down the Appalachia division for the company (which was recently given to me) and are closing the New Orleans division (the largest facility) and I'm now being transferred to the other facility 2 1/2 hours from home. I'm thankful to have a job because about 80 people are losing their's next week and I will be the operations manager for this other facility but dang... I think it's about time to go. they are building me an office that will have a living quarters in the back of it for me to stay in. The pilings went in the ground last week cuz it'll be 18 feet in the air (bad flood zone). Only thing is its like prison, you go through the gates and live/work there til u get off. Sucks.

Is this a bad time to leave or even think about job seeking or has the job market gotten better?

LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MiamiSpartan View Post
    I am officially an old man today.....
    Rodney has some friends coming over to help celebrate, and we leave for a short cruise on the NCL Sky tomorrow....
    Looking forward to getting away!
    Congrats Miami. Speaking of old, I was going to post this yesterday morning. The show I was watching had repeated advertisements for catheters. OMG, I must really be old now if I'm in the target demographic for catheters!

Originally Posted by bhujerban View Post
    My one-horse town had its first Gay Pride celebration yesterday.
    Yippee! Good job jerbs man.
    Originally Posted by nick03 View Post
    So guys let me ask y'all a question...

How much do u have to put up with on a job before you say screw the comfort zone and get a new job?
    The trick there is to start looking for a new job without your employer finding out you are looking. If you can do that, then go ahead and look. But don't quit your current job before finding another. The unemployment rate varies by sector and location. For instance, information technology in Tampa is reportedly at 1% unemployment. I've been trying to hire programmers since January and I'm having to go outside the area to find anyone. And then there are the 80 people at your location who just lost their jobs. It's all over the map.

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LoL Rick View Post
    Congrats Miami. Speaking of old, I was going to post this yesterday morning. The show I was watching had repeated advertisements for catheters. OMG, I must really be old now if I'm in the target demographic for catheters!

Yippee! Good job jerbs man.

The trick there is to start looking for a new job without your employer finding out you are looking. If you can do that, then go ahead and look. But don't quit your current job before finding another. The unemployment rate varies by sector and location. For instance, information technology in Tampa is reportedly at 1% unemployment. I've been trying to hire programmers since January and I'm having to go outside the area to find anyone. And then there are the 80 people at your location who just lost their jobs. It's all over the map.
    Programming in what? (Just curious... )

LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LoL Rick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by justboo2u View Post
    Programming in what? (Just curious... )
    Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.

Rittermeister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys! I'm Jim: not gay, but I seem to get along with gay guys better than I do heteros. Maybe it's because I live in the heart of beer 'n bibles country.

Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rizing42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey!! what's up

simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

First Gay Pride

Hey went to my first ever gay pride this past weekend. It was definitely different in many ways then I expected. I volunteered for the event since I knew I wouldn't go without a reason. I am kind of sad because I only got to work. After my shift was over, I had to go help with another commitment I made and didn't get to see any of gay pride except what I saw from the booth I was working in. Next year I plan to do nothing except volunteer for a few hours and then see the events and vendors. I don't have many friends here so its hard to go by myself, but my goal is to go next year regardless and have fun.

justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
    Oh...
    I thought you meant programming.
    j/k

Are you 'one of those' who gets bent when its called 'sequel'?
    I had an 'instructor' who would come completely UNRAVELLED if you called it sequel and NOT 'Ess-Que-Ell'...

Thought he was a pretentious 'tard too, but that was just me... calling the kettle black.

MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "Trvlr" did you hear the latest on spray tanning, "TOXIC"! they say if you are breathing in the chemicals all the time ( but your skin does breathe as well) So, no more spray tanning, just go pasty white, I hear it's all the rage with the bloodsuckers

Oh...
    I thought you meant programming.
    j/k

I had an 'instructor' who would come completely UNRAVELLED if you called it sequel and NOT 'Ess-Que-Ell'...

Thought he was a pretentious 'tard too, but that was just me... calling the kettle black.
    Yes, real programming involving real money. Not just drawing pretty stuff on the screen.
    Actually, I kind of prefer SQueaL.
    I once worked with someone who (jokingly) pronounced boolean as boo-leen. It stuck with me and I almost never say it the right way. Ugh, programmer humor.
    Originally Posted by MenStraight View Post
    "Trvlr" did you hear the latest on spray tanning, "TOXIC"! they say if you are breathing in the chemicals all the time ( but your skin does breathe as well) So, no more spray tanning, just go pasty white, I hear it's all the rage with the bloodsuckers
    LMAO! Poor princess, can't win for losing.

bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhujerban is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What what what!!! You mean I can't has tan anymore? I was totally counting on doing that before Chicago Pride. Jerbs can't suntan or use lotion for squat, and now the only means of fixing my nearly-albino skin colour is considered toxic?! Son of a fat f*cking biz-nitch...

Would any of you lol if I told you that when I was born, my skin was almost transparent. The doctors thought I would be either albino or I was with down syndrome.

simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What what what!!! You mean I can't has tan anymore? I was totally counting on doing that before Chicago Pride. Jerbs can't suntan or use lotion for squat, and now the only means of fixing my nearly-albino skin colour is considered toxic?! Son of a fat f*cking biz-nitch...

Would any of you lol if I told you that when I was born, my skin was almost transparent. The doctors thought I would be either albino or I was with down syndrome.
    When is Chicago pride I might drive up there for the weekend since i'm in Indy.
    Legends are not about the goals, but the journey to reach them.
    You can't reach buried treasue without going through some dirt.

Originally Posted by simoxeh View Post
    When is Chicago pride I might drive up there for the weekend since i'm in Indy.
    It's June 23-24. I'm going after church on Sunday, and will be just in time for the end of the parade.

Yes, real programming involving real money. Not just drawing pretty stuff on the screen.
    Actually, I kind of prefer SQueaL.
    I once worked with someone who (jokingly) pronounced boolean as boo-leen. It stuck with me and I almost never say it the right way. Ugh, programmer humor.....
    Well boo HAS been lean... a few times.
    Not recently tho.
    Guess I wouldnt qualify then... been TOO long since I did any 'squealing' (mores the pity!) and my main languages are Pascal and C. Not VISUAL C, but the real thing.
    Okay, AND z80 assembly. Working on learning/writing for the ARM SoC chipset.
    No issues with OOP tho... been doing it (to a certain extent) before they decided what to call it.

And Im too old.
    (z80 kinda said that!)

daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh...
    That's too funny - I run into Linux people like that all the time. "It's pronounced Lenox, you know" What ever.

BTW, I'm Dave, just joined this site this week.

MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Welcome Dave....!
    Chicago White Sox. 2005 World Series Champs!!
    Chicago Blackhawks!! 2010, 2013 & 2015 Stanley Cup Champs!!!
    Michigan State Spartans. 2007 NCAA Hockey Champs!!
    Michigan State Spartans. 2014 Rose Bowl Champs!! 2015 Cotton Bowl Champs!!

Am I self-centered or is it just me?

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.....
    Does the 3 second rule apply to soup....?

MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Back from the cruise...had a nice time....Not much eye candy on board, tho...
    Maybe 3 hotties out of 2300.....

Met some nice people, worked out each day...weather was amazing...!!
    Now it is back to the grind....probably no trips until end of October.....

daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10) daveatl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks! I'm so ready for a vacation, but partner has to get steady income from his real estate gig before we can go anywhere. I feel like Germany carrying the EU.
    Last edited by daveatl; 06-15-2012 at 10:46 AM.

MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MenStraight has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

You forgot to include you and your partner as the plus two hotties. Sounds like a nice relaxing and muscle pumping cruise (I think I'm perspiring now)

Welcome Dave..

Soooo, which one are you?????? lol I know you are amazing, so I'm guessing autistic.... Ok, ok I'll stop but I like your post.

Originally Posted by daveatl View Post
    That's too funny - I run into Linux people like that all the time. "It's pronounced Lenox, you know" What ever.

BTW, I'm Dave, just joined this site this week.
    Yeah... I fight with that one too... Linux is like LYnus and VYtamin, not Linnux or vittamin...
    (But this is Capn Rawlings... Capn Linus Rawlins!)
    ... and I will stumble over it EVERY TIME!
    I wonder if it shouldnt be pronounced vittle/vittlity instead of VYtal/vytality.

Of course, the guy who started it is named Linus... or linnus... or something!

and Welcome!

Jerbs has more good news. I finally reached my weight goal of 180 lbs! Eight weeks of dieting and hard-ass workouts have paid off. Now I'm ready to walk shirtless at Chicago Pride next weekend. Brian won't be going with me - his nephew is being baptized up north that day. But we're getting together soon to celebrate the end of my torturous diet.

There, now we're off the 2nd page, lol...

atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Poor T-- I think he is more of a bronzer baby than a spray tan at least.

Anyway, this thread is moving so slow nowadays. I have a theory. I think that the majority of us used to come here when we were at work to kill time. Nowadays, I think that most people waste the time on something else like ********.

TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by atticus_a View Post
    Anyway, this thread is moving so slow nowadays. I have a theory. I think that the majority of us used to come here when we were at work to kill time. Nowadays, I think that most people waste the time on something else like ********.
    I think I'm the only person who doesn't have a ******** account IMO the thread has too many separate conversations going on that it's sometimes hard to get involved or follow.... if that makes any sense. I think maybe if there was a specific topic or question asked that engaged a broader audience the thread may move along a little faster.
    “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”

—Jim Rohn

No, there are 2 of us. I'm just too busy at work these days to pop in and check you guys out.

What is this "********" that you speak of??

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A vile disgusting thing that makes to-days youngin's (You know, the 40 and younger crowd) more and more inept at normal conversation. It's been a little drawn out, but soon it'll go the way of its predecessors and rot in some long-forgotten corner of the vast wasteland of some useless Internet garbage pit.

Can you tell I'm a BIG fan?
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

Originally Posted by TrueBLOOD1 View Post
    I think I'm the only person who doesn't have a ******** account IMO the thread has too many separate conversations going on that it's sometimes hard to get involved or follow.... if that makes any sense. I think maybe if there was a specific topic or question asked that engaged a broader audience the thread may move along a little faster.
    I tried, but so few people responded to my little gay survey thing. Then again, there were a number of personal questions, so maybe some were turned off by it...?

All right, another attempt. Who here plans to see "Magic Mike" in theatres? Looks like it will be the next "Moulin Rouge" or "Chicago" or "Burlesque" - type of film, but with male dancers. (And some damn hot ones too!)

Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast