jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to keto (help)

Hi im starting keto shortly im planning on doing p90x with it, i read the guide to ketosis and it said not to over train... i was just worried i would over do it on p90x so should i miss some of the more intense workouts, i will definatly be missing yoga as my wrists and knees are weak any advice before i start???

Thanks will rep all helpfull advice.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jigsawz View Post
    Hi im starting keto shortly im planning on doing p90x with it, i read the guide to ketosis and it said not to over train... i was just worried i would over do it on p90x so should i miss some of the more intense workouts, i will definatly be missing yoga as my wrists and knees are weak any advice before i start???

Thanks will rep all helpfull advice.
    Another common myth deals with training frequency. ALL THE TIME people make these ridiculous splits and worry about overtraining.

http://forum.body-fitness.nl/The-inf...y-m500296.aspx

Here are a few quotes directly from that article:

"Some evidence suggests that the training frequency has a large impact on the rate of gain in muscle volume for shorter periods of training."

"For hypertrophy, studies suggest that training two or three times per week is superior to training one time per week, even when volume is equal."

But you don't train for size, you train for strength????

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16287373

This is from a meta-analysis of a ****load of people. It's not a little study on a small group. It shows that maximal strength gains for beginners (which most people who ask are) are elicited at 3 days/week.... And it then moves to 2 days/week and STAYS THERE. Never does it mention the best strength gains occurring when you train once per week (I can see an argument possibly being made for the elite, but no one here is, so it's irrelevant).

MYTH DENIED! You will not die from training more than once per weekly, and on the contrary, you will more than likely actually gain BETTER with the increase in training frequency.

Taken from Bodybuilding Mythbusters thread in Teen Bodybuilding

jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jigsawz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    Another common myth deals with training frequency. ALL THE TIME people make these ridiculous splits and worry about overtraining.

http://forum.body-fitness.nl/The-inf...y-m500296.aspx

Here are a few quotes directly from that article:

"Some evidence suggests that the training frequency has a large impact on the rate of gain in muscle volume for shorter periods of training."

"For hypertrophy, studies suggest that training two or three times per week is superior to training one time per week, even when volume is equal."

But you don't train for size, you train for strength????

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16287373

This is from a meta-analysis of a ****load of people. It's not a little study on a small group. It shows that maximal strength gains for beginners (which most people who ask are) are elicited at 3 days/week.... And it then moves to 2 days/week and STAYS THERE. Never does it mention the best strength gains occurring when you train once per week (I can see an argument possibly being made for the elite, but no one here is, so it's irrelevant).

MYTH DENIED! You will not die from training more than once per weekly, and on the contrary, you will more than likely actually gain BETTER with the increase in training frequency.

Taken from Bodybuilding Mythbusters thread in Teen Bodybuilding
    Repped! Thanks@!

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wise choice. I've reviewed the P90x nutritional plan, and consider it about 20 years out of date, as far as lipolysis. I suggest NOT starting it untill you are fairly fat-adapted, to reduce chances of hypoglycemic energy drops since its pretty intense. I also suggest more of a TKD approach, with carbs (dextrose, etc.) after workouts....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......