Closed Thread
    balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Allergic to Creatine?

I decided to try creatine for the first time today, and I got a tub of GNC's monohydrate creatine. I took 5g after my workout and now my throat kind of feels constricted not to the point where I cannot breathe, but it is noticeable and my right eye is getting itchy.

I've been doing some reading from similar forums on this site and some people say they have gotten hives and some say you cannot be allergic to creatine since it is produced natrually in your body and it is also found in red meat. I also did some reading on the Livestrong website and it says that it is possible for the body to reject creatine supplements and for the person to have symptoms similar to an allergic reaction.

Has anyone else had a reaction similar to mine? Could it be an allergic reaction to creatine or something else? Could it be that my body is not used to it? Would it be safe to continue using it and maybe my body would start to accept it, or should I just get off of it right away? Any help is appreciated.

Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trence666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I first started taking creatine.
    My throat got really dry and it hurt to swallow for about the first two weeks...
    I think my body was just getting use to it or I wasn't drinking enough water.

However, I don't think you can be allergic to Creatine, maybe start taking 3g a day (That's all you really need anyways)
    And don't do the loading cycle.

texasDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Subscribed

balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balakidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trence666 View Post
    When I first started taking creatine.
    My throat got really dry and it hurt to swallow for about the first two weeks...
    I think my body was just getting use to it or I wasn't drinking enough water.

However, I don't think you can be allergic to Creatine, maybe start taking 3g a day (That's all you really need anyways)
    And don't do the loading cycle.
    I'm thinking it may be the water as well, I drink a lot but I know you need a lot more on creatine. So I should continue to take it drink some more water and see what happens?

Thanks for the help btw!

texasDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Post back after you find out if more water helps. Very curious.

mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by balakidy View Post
    I decided to try creatine for the first time today, and I got a tub of GNC's monohydrate creatine. I took 5g after my workout and now my throat kind of feels constricted not to the point where I cannot breathe, but it is noticeable and my right eye is getting itchy.

I've been doing some reading from similar forums on this site and some people say they have gotten hives and some say you cannot be allergic to creatine since it is produced natrually in your body and it is also found in red meat. I also did some reading on the Livestrong website and it says that it is possible for the body to reject creatine supplements and for the person to have symptoms similar to an allergic reaction.

Has anyone else had a reaction similar to mine? Could it be an allergic reaction to creatine or something else? Could it be that my body is not used to it? Would it be safe to continue using it and maybe my body would start to accept it, or should I just get off of it right away? Any help is appreciated.
    yeah this happens to me man i cant take any creatine products anymore. I started to realize it recently but has been happening since I began taking pre work outs. I would break out on my hands and would Also get very bad heart burn and i drink a gallon of water a day min. For me it might have been a reaction due to the acidity of creatine and the way it gets absorbed. Honestly not sure but it has gone away since I stopped taking.

hmm im on a pre workout as well maybe this could be an issue? i'll try it for a little while longer if i still get this after a week or so i'll come off it.
    Thanks for the help!

12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yea, you just need more water. Also buying from Gnc is so ehhhh. But sometime i could also be the fact that you could had receive a bad batch. Try the water method and if that does't work switch out for a different brand and make sure it pure creatine with nothing else in it. Also are you allergic to anything that you are aware of like peanuts and etc. Because factories cross counters stuff like that when they are producing unless stated otherwise. if i have help you out throw a rep my way baby!
    Push as hard as you can

until you can't push anymore

Then push for one more

stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stOpSKY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whoever said you can't be allergic to something that your body produces is ****ing retarded as ****. What do they think causes autoimmune diseases?

12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10) 12ockSt4r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stOpSKY View Post
    Whoever said you can't be allergic to something that your body produces is ****ing retarded as ****. What do they think causes autoimmune diseases?
    allergic to allergic! LOL epic win
    Push as hard as you can

until you can't push anymore

Then push for one more

mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastrflex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hhahah yes. And maybe the fact that a factory cant produce creatine naturally its a synthetic formation of what your body does.

Originally Posted by texasDJ View Post
    Post back after you find out if more water helps. Very curious.
    I will post back over the next few days to say what happens

Originally Posted by 12ockSt4r View Post
    yea, you just need more water. Also buying from Gnc is so ehhhh. But sometime i could also be the fact that you could had receive a bad batch. Try the water method and if that does't work switch out for a different brand and make sure it pure creatine with nothing else in it. Also are you allergic to anything that you are aware of like peanuts and etc. Because factories cross counters stuff like that when they are producing unless stated otherwise. if i have help you out throw a rep my way baby!
    I myself am not a big fan of GNC, but my buddy bought the creatine and he went off of it and said I could have his container (it was almost full) so I just took it. I'm not allergic to anything I know of, definately nothing like peanuts or the usual stuff. I'm going to just try drinking even more water then what I already do and see what happens.
    Thanks for the input

Originally Posted by mastrflex View Post
    hhahah yes. And maybe the fact that a factory cant produce creatine naturally its a synthetic formation of what your body does.
    This is exactly what i read, since its synthetic your body could reject it.

thanks for the input everyone, i repped everyone because everything was pretty helpful

BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Duh...Autoimmune diseases cause you to be allergic to something your body produces, not the other way around.

You can reduce the creatine dose down to 3 grams or so and still maintain saturation, that might be something to try.
    Please support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital... www.stjude.org/give.html

Originally Posted by balakidy View Post
    I will post back over the next few days to say what happens

I myself am not a big fan of GNC, but my buddy bought the creatine and he went off of it and said I could have his container (it was almost full) so I just took it. I'm not allergic to anything I know of, definately nothing like peanuts or the usual stuff. I'm going to just try drinking even more water then what I already do and see what happens.
    Thanks for the input

This is exactly what i read, since its synthetic your body could reject it.

thanks for the input everyone, i repped everyone because everything was pretty helpful
    unfortunately all that solves is the reasoning for not being able to take creatine... now thats established whats the alternative hahah

Took it again today, drank A LOT of water... I drink a lot to begin with but I just kept drinking it... Everything seems to be fine. Also took it with grape juice as opposed to water today... Ultimately I've come to the conclusion that it could be that I needed EVEN more water than what I already had or that my body just wasn't used to it?

Either way I still am going to monitor it over the next few weeks and if anything changes post it to the thread

ledzeppelin111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hello guys
    first sorry for my english

last night i take 5g trec nutrition creatine with optimum nutrition pro complex gainer, today i noticed my left eye is swollen as ****. i had token creatine once 1 years ago and my eye was swollen
    i'm sure it's creatine. can i continue taking? i'm 17 years old rugby player and i need strenghth

ledzeppelin111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ledzeppelin111 View Post
    hello guys

last night i take 5g trec nutrition creatine with optimum nutrition pro complex gainer, today i noticed my left eye is swollen as ****. i had token creatine once 1 years ago and my eye was swollen
    i'm sure it's creatine. can i continue taking? i'm 17 years old rugby player and i need strenghth
    anyone???

tiagocauassa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Originally Posted by ledzeppelin111 View Post
    hello guys

Hey, so im not sure about it but i was taking Creatine and Whey Isolate both from the sabe brand SixStar and it was working fine. Then i changed my whey isolate brand when the first one was over. Now im taking the creatine sixstar with whey isolate from Bodyfortress. Its been only a few days, like 5 and for the past 6 days my eyes got bad. kinda red/inflamed with a very little bit of pus/rheum/mucopurulent discharge when i wake up in the morning. so last night for the first time i had my creatine before going to bed. it turned out i just woke up bcuz my whole body was very itchy and i was breaking out in hives. i think i got some sort of allergic reaction. not sure if its bcuz of the mix of 2 products from different brands or if its bcuz i had it bfore going to sleep and my body kinda rejected, idk.. i drink looots of water, like a looot. now i just took a shower to feel better and will stop both products for one week to see how it goes. if i get better, which i know i will lol, i will start the protein first and see what happens. Ive heard a lot about creatine and decided to take a break of maybe 3 weeks. but yeah... it somewhat affected my eyes. btw creatine has been working i can see my arms getting bigger. i hope i helped at all with this
    Last edited by tiagocauassa; 11-14-2013 at 07:09 AM.

OsamaNamih has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mastrflex View Post
    yeah this happens to me man i cant take any creatine products anymore. I started to realize it recently but has been happening since I began taking pre work outs. I would break out on my hands and would Also get very bad heart burn and i drink a gallon of water a day min. For me it might have been a reaction due to the acidity of creatine and the way it gets absorbed. Honestly not sure but it has gone away since I stopped taking.
    hello , i just started using creatine and i have the same symptoms as u said above , can i ask , have u tried anything else than creatine after this ? how it was ?