Chuuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I try cutting before summer, or should I just bulk through it?

Hi, at the moment I'm 17 years old and I'll be 18 in August. I'm about 5'9, weigh about 160 pounds, and have about 13% body fat.

I've been 'bulking' since about last summer. Most of my progress was something like lifting for a month, which was followed by a month of no lifting either because of an injury (strained hip flexors, broken foot, broken hand, some random **** with my spleen, etc) or just being overloaded with school work. Anyway, I'm at a point where I believe my form is great and that I could seriously start building muscle quickly as long as I don't get any new injuries.

My question is, is there even a point in cutting for summer? Should I just say **** it and bulk through summer? I'd rather look strong/chubby rather than skinny-fat, and I'm not sure if I currently have enough muscle to where I would look good at all if I cut. However, I would be totally satisfied if I could look even half-way ripped.

I'm great at controlling my diet if that means anything. What do you guys think?

southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000)
    pics?

Sure. Any angles you guys want in particular or just whatever?

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Chuuy View Post
    Sure. Any angles you guys want in particular or just whatever?
    Front, back, and side. Flexed and unflexed versions of course
    "it's never too late to be the person you should've been" -unknown

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Bench Press: 290lbs 1x1
    Squat: 355lbs 1x5
    Deadlift: 360lbs 1x1

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a lot more mass than you, and I'm at a similar bf%. I am bulking through the summer, so what do you think my suggestion would be for you?

chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bulk bro, all types of bbq's during summer that you will want to be a part of
    Mobilize,Strengthen,Breakdown,Repeat

Alright well, here you go.

I think I've answered my own question. Upper body strength (especially my arms) has always been my biggest weakness, so I think I have a lot of work to do.

imgur .com/a/lECwN

It's just that at the same time, I don't know what look better for summer. Should I just bulk what I have now and remain chubby yet try to get stronger, or attempt to cut to get rid of some fat to be more toned? I know that I should bulk for the long term, but I'm just curious as to what you guys think I should do to try to look the best for the summer.

bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigsnakey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its a little more than 13%, but it could be the height, but im 5'8 about 162 and im 10-11%, i say do a clean bulk, your fat will seem to fade and you'll get noticeably bigger

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    I have a lot more mass than you, and I'm at a similar bf%. I am bulking through the summer, so what do you think my suggestion would be for you?
    I completely agree that I'm weak as hell right now. I know that for the long term, I need to bulk hard. But I'm mainly curious as to what I'll look best as just for this summer. I've never seen myself lower than about 10% body fat so I honestly have no idea.

It's just that personally, I'd rather be a skinny type of weak kid who still has abs rather than the skinny-fat thing I've got going now. As to whether or not I would actually have abs if I did lose weight is the reason why I wanted some more opinions.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Chuuy View Post
    I completely agree that I'm weak as hell right now. I know that for the long term, I need to bulk hard. But I'm mainly curious as to what I'll look best as just for this summer. I've never seen myself lower than about 10% body fat so I honestly have no idea.

It's just that personally, I'd rather be a skinny type of weak kid who still has abs rather than the skinny-fat thing I've got going now. As to whether or not I would actually have abs if I did lose weight is the reason why I wanted some more opinions.
    You most likely would have abs if you lost the weight.

My perception is much different than yours. I feel skinny, so phucking skinny it doesn't make sense. Yet, I am bigger than everyone I see in my daily life.