8andr3s8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8andr3s8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8andr3s8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can you build muscle while cutting

Does anyone know if you can build muscle while cutting. Also, what is the best way to go high reps lower eeight or low reps heavy weight?

elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Only if your a beginner after about 1 or 1.5 years your gains start to slow down and your body will require excess calories to grow. I just stay between 6-12 reps.
    Current Lifts

Barbell Bench Press 275lbs x 5

Incline Barbell Bench 235lbs x 5

Dumbbell Bench Press- 110s x 5

Leg Press- 650lbs x 8

Dumbbell Shoulder Press- 80s x 7

Lat Pull-downs (overhand) 195 x 5

Keep Liftin......Don't Stop........ Don't You Dare!

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 8andr3s8 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can build muscle while cutting. Also, what is the best way to go high reps lower eeight or low reps heavy weight?
    As a beginner or someone on gear can do both.
    Otherwise, no.

Any rep range you want.

8andr3s8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8andr3s8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8andr3s8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Yea ive just resently started like 4 months ago so it should work right and yea i heard that high reps was better for cutting i was just wondering what would work better

CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    As a beginner or someone on gear can do both.
    Otherwise, no.

Any rep range you want.
    You actually can build muscle on a deficit even if you're an intermediate or an advanced lifter(body recomposition) but it's simply not as efficient as using bulking/cutting cycles.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CeBKa View Post
    You actually can build muscle on a deficit even if you're an intermediate or an advanced lifter.
    Stats
    5'8", 154 lbs

Tell me about muscle gain for the advanced lifter, please?

CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by spiderman997 View Post
    Stats
    5'8", 154 lbs

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1310193169

bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbysto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea ive just resently started like 4 months ago so it should work right and yea i heard that high reps was better for cutting i was just wondering what would work better
    High reps doesnt work better for cutting.
    Dont be a idiot like most people...Stick to the SAME if not heavier weight and rep range you were doing previously...
    Regardless if your looking to gain muscle mass on a cut. The two REAL things your aimming for in a cut is...
    -Drop body fat.
    -Keep as much muscle as possible during.

Just before you ask, the idea of high reps for cuttings is stupid becuase, its not going to burn more fat, all it will do will cause more lactic acide build up and make you get that "burn" sensationg that makes you think "wow I'm burning fat".
    Cuttings easy bro Diet + Lift BIG! if your lucky your lifts will still increase while cutting, but I wouldnt exactly aim for size during a cut, since to a degree its counter-intuitive.
    Bench - 235lbs
    Squat - 264lbs
    Deadlift - 425lbs

Stats
    5'8", 154 lbs

Ohh you thought that i was talking about dat dere creatine? Not even once....

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Touche. That is very slow cutting though, 9lbs of weight lost in 12 weeks, but they did indeed gain a small amount of LBM.

Yep but i've added "but it's simply not as efficient as using bulking/cutting cycles. " few seconds after your post :P.

Originally Posted by CeBKa View Post
    Yep but i've added "but it's simply not as efficient as using bulking/cutting cycles. " few seconds after your post :P.
    ICIC. Your post initially just came off as some dickish skinny kid who thought he had the secret to putting on 50lbs of LBM on a cut. Apologies.

Talking

Originally Posted by bobbysto View Post
    Dont be a idiot like most people...Stick to the SAME if not heavier weight and rep range you were doing previously...
    Regardless if your looking to gain muscle mass on a cut. The two REAL things your aimming for in a cut is...
    -Drop body fat.

Just before you ask, the idea of high reps for cuttings is stupid becuase, its not going to burn more fat, all it will do will cause more lactic acide build up and make you get that "burn" sensationg that makes you think "wow I'm burning fat".
    Cuttings easy bro Diet + Lift BIG! if your lucky your lifts will still increase while cutting, but I wouldnt exactly aim for size during a cut, since to a degree its counter-intuitive.
    Yea thank s bro I just wanted to make sure about i was hearing because it sounded counter productive to make thanks for clearing that up

Jsheek27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

teen

ICIC. Your post initially just came off as some dickish skinny kid who thought he had the secret to putting on 50lbs of LBM on a cut. Apologies.
    Im 15 years old and play football. Been working out since 7th grade. I weigh about 165. So im just curious because of teens having high test do you think I could build muscle on a cut because of that?

glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glowineon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you are a beginner and overweight, 20%+ BF yes, its easily possible, it is still possible for skinny fat people. 8-12 Reps bro.

oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) oKrisJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm nowhere near the stats you're wanting to hear advice from, but I've done a little research, spoke to experienced guys at my gym and stuff.

Some things I hear are:

Oxidised fat loss. My understanding is -
    For example, complete your weight session using carbs as your primary energy source. Afterwards, when you are depleted of carbs, people theorise that your body will use its fat stores as its source of energy, even if you are ultimately eating above maintenance. People say, if by then end of the day you still eat a caloric surplus, you will still gain fat. There's much debating on this.

Your body isn't simply built on the formula 'calories in vs calories out'. Calories isn't the only thing that builds muscle, you can still lose fat and build muscle if you are still consuming the right 'ingredients'; Protein, nutrient timing etc. BCAA I've heard are good when cutting.

On the other end of the spectrum I've heard:

If you aren't eating more calories than your body needs, you simply cant build muscle. You either gain muscle and fat..or..lose fat and SOME muscle.

Remember, this I whatbIve been told, or have read. Its not my opinion. I need to a *little* ( ) more bulking until I can cut and say whether it was successful or not. However, I really do hope you can build muscle whilst cutting!

Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikebrah22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unless you're on the cell tech you cannot build muscle and lose fat at exactly the same time. This is because your are either in an anabolic state or a catabolic state. For example you wake up, eat a bulking breakfast, go to the gym and then have a bulking post workout meal. But then for the rest of the day, you are in cutting mode. So theoretically you could gain muscle and lose fat in the same phase. This is really not efficient and wouldn't recommend it.

AngelStarr17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face hello!

Originally Posted by bobbysto View Post
    -Drop body fat.

you sound like you know what your talking about so i have a ? for you i hope you can help me with.i have been working out for about two years and feel that i have not made as much progress as i should of. i dont know what im doing wrong. right now i am going into my cut so i dont expect to gain muscle but for my next bulk i would like to know if you can offer some advice on what i should do

ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I mean its pretty possible, I gained 3 lbs of lbm during about 2 months of cutting. Its not huge, but its possible.. Just make sure you're consuming enough protein
    405x1-315x1-515x1

S-B-D

Insta @t3lifts

Kostavo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Guys what do u suggest to a skinny fat dude with moobs... cut/bulk or cut and bulk or strength training,calorie surplus or calorie deficit.. im lost 🙃.(currently at 65kg and around 33kg body muscle from the device body report thing)

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People constantly misinterpret more muscle definition as "added lean mass". I'm convinced this is one of the biggest, if not the biggest contributor of confusion regarding this whole "gain muscle while losing fat" thing. People don't understand how much illusion of size being in better condition can give you.

Originally Posted by ChainGun View Post
    Yeah, I mean its pretty possible, I gained 3 lbs of lbm during about 2 months of cutting. Its not huge, but its possible.. Just make sure you're consuming enough protein
    I doubt it, because the numbers you are throwing around are so tiny given the timeframe... you could have simply woken up holding less water one morning.

ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Diamhea View Post
    People constantly misinterpret more muscle definition as "added lean mass". I'm convinced this is one of the biggest, if not the biggest contributor of confusion regarding this whole "gain muscle while losing fat" thing. People don't understand how much illusion of size being in better condition can give you.

I doubt it, because the numbers you are throwing around are so tiny given the timeframe... you could have simply woken up holding less water one morning.
    It seems like little numbers, but my compound lifts increased by 10-20 lbs, so that's why I'm making that statement. I started my cut at 22-23% bodyfat at 220 lbs, dropped to 13% at 194 lbs (caliper tested). Math doesn't add up but after 10 lbs of water loss in the first week (209 @ 22%), I figured I gained a bit of muscle along with 1-2lbs of water retention. Its just my experience, it may not be the same for him but its not out of reason if your diet/lifting experience is right
    405x1-315x1-515x1

S-B-D

Insta @t3lifts

Hindsight83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi all after a bit of advice used to go to the gym when i was younger and put on a bit of muscle not huge amounts probably to do with my life style going out drinking not eating the right foods. I have now matured a bit now age 34 i am no longer a member of a gym i do have equipment at home this consists of a pull up mate a set of dumbells and a total gym. I now have a family and decided its time to try and get back into shape as i have become skinny fat i have done well with weight loss i am 5'10 inches have gone from 14 stone to 11 and a half stone i now get people telling me i look to skinny but when i look in the mirror i still see that awful tummy fat so im really stuck on what to do any help or advice would be greatly appreciated my bf percentage is around 21% down from about 25% ive been cutting now for about 8 months feel it is taking forever thanks in advance

FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatKid6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say no. Not at all, It's scientifically impossible. However, I have and still am, I've cut a while.

For the reps, Push to the limits, if you want slabs of muscle, move slabs of iron!
    Down 125lb!!!
    He shall not dare, shall not know.

******** page: https://www.********.com/joesfightagainstfat/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBCDxhVrewlQlTOV_KORzvg
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joesfightagainstfat
    Email me if want to chat; joestewartgp@gmail.com

foxtrotgymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What about the stored fat in body? Say I start bulking from 10% body fat and I go into maintenance say about 2000 cal. I increase the number by 500 and go up to 15% body fat. Then I bring back to 2000 cal. Will it be considered cutting? What about the stored fats? Won't they help build muscle while I cut. Because essentially I'm storing calories. I maybe wrong but I would really appreciate your advice. FYI I have been working out for about 11 months and I my goal is to achieve highest possible muscle mass while being as lean as possible.