Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1803
    NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bigfish18q View Post
    Hey Paul, I apologize if it's been answered before but what kind of program are you on? It almost seems like a upper/lower split, and the volume seems very low. Whatever you're doing seems to be working for you though!

I'm on PHAT and have been for over a year, love it but looking for a change up!
    I am using this program.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/store/the...ut-method-2-0/

I like the principles. I still hit every bodypart twice a week much like PHAT but its more based around Powerlifting.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    300 for 5 sets of 3 is great work...belt or no belt. With all your forward, positive thinking, you'll win that quest for no belt, guaranteed.
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    300 for 5 sets of 3 is great work...belt or no belt. With all your forward, positive thinking, you'll win that quest for no belt, guaranteed.
    I see what you did there . Completely agree with you though.

Paul is more experienced than most - I am sure he knows some days aren't meant to be, but no doubt it just spurs on his determination!

DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm always amazed with your benching. I really think that it's more then just you having trained it longer then squats, you've got a talent brah. If I was you i'd focus on training the **** out of it and try to get like a near 500 1rm or something insane.

Sick work with the squats regardless of the non-belt fail. I'm actually kind of surprised the belt makes that much of a difference for you, for me I almost don't notice a difference unless I'm doing a lot of reps. I read an article a while back that stated using a belt actually makes your core stronger then not using it (and was preaching wearing a belt as often as possible)- I'll try to dig it up.

fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    Yeah I was bummed at first but I realize its just going to take time.

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    I see what you did there . Completely agree with you though.

Paul is more experienced than most - I am sure he knows some days aren't meant to be, but no doubt it just spurs on his determination!
    I am starting to really think the heavy deads from Friday had me beat down a bit. We shall see if that improves this week since deadlifts are only 5 sets.

Originally Posted by DiamondMaker View Post
    I'm always amazed with your benching. I really think that it's more then just you having trained it longer then squats, you've got a talent brah. If I was you i'd focus on training the **** out of it and try to get like a near 500 1rm or something insane.

Sick work with the squats regardless of the non-belt fail. I'm actually kind of surprised the belt makes that much of a difference for you, for me I almost don't notice a difference unless I'm doing a lot of reps. I read an article a while back that stated using a belt actually makes your core stronger then not using it (and was preaching wearing a belt as often as possible)- I'll try to dig it up.
    One thing the belt forces me to do is really flex my stomach out so that the belt keeps my core tight. I could see how that constant tension would strengthen the core. Overall though on days I feel really good I don't need the belt. It is improving.

As for bench, thanks. As a bodybuilder though my goals right now are to focus on my weaknesses and those are keeping me focused on legs and back. I just want more size in those areas. I do plan to train hard for a 400lb bench in a meet this year. My ideal PL meet would be 500/400/600 or better. I am hoping 2014 that goes down!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

February 7th, 2013

Overhead Press
    160x3, 5 sets

Other Highlights

Reverse Cable Pulldown 240x8, Flat DB Press 120x10, Low Cable Row 220x10, Incline DB Fly 60x10, Machine Tricep Pressdown and Barbell Curls.

Solid evening in the gym. 160lbs is starting to feel heavy on the OHP which is cool, last weeks 150 was nothing. I am doing completely static reps, no momentum and touching my chest for a pause after each rep. After that I just blitzed the upper body fast and hard. Back had a sick pump, chest felt great and even my arms got some good work in the quick sets I did. I wanted to get my heart rate up since I didn't get to do HIIT cardio on Wednesday.

Another thing...I was sore as HELL from the squats and leg press on Tuesday. I guess it was a better workout than I had previously thought it was. I am hoping tonight when I get loose for Deadlifts I feel relatively fresh.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Long time lurker here but I don't think I've ever posted in your thread. Just wanted to say that you've been a big inspiration for me. Love seeing tall guys jacked up! Keep up the great work and the vlogs are great.
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^5 for the the tall guys
    Emeka "The MenAce" Okammor - All American EFX Rep

Phil. 4:13

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX
    http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Long time lurker here but I don't think I've ever posted in your thread. Just wanted to say that you've been a big inspiration for me. Love seeing tall guys jacked up! Keep up the great work and the vlogs are great.
    Thanks Man!

Originally Posted by Emekaokammor View Post
    ^5 for the the tall guys
    Team Basketball Players!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Updates

Friday
    Deadlifts
    380x3, 5 sets

Glute Ham Raise, Front Squat, Pause Squats, Calves

Sunday
    Biceps, Triceps and Abs, HIIT cardio

Solid week in the books. I also realized I need to back off for a week. My recovery has been very slow from the training this week. I am going to do a deload this week before testing my 3RM for the 3's wave next week. Then I can plan my next step. My hamstrings, posterior chain, knees and adductor have been really sore and tight. Before I get into something like Smolov I want to be healthy and I think a nice week of hitting some lighter weights while focusing on form, warmups and even some extra cardio will do me really good.

Tonight I am going to bench light with 5 sets of 5 with 225 and get into my back\shoulder work.
    I will take it from there this week and hopefully next week be ready to kick some serious ass!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    My hamstrings, posterior chain, knees and adductor have been really sore and tight.
    Two words: Foam. Roller.

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    PVC pipe for the pain!

nice work Paul

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Originally Posted by BabyOilBrah View Post
    PVC pipe for the pain!

nice work Paul
    I have a foam roller in my living room. Sometimes the body just needs to heal, this is one of those times.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hopefully a deload will help out, then you can kill the testing for 3's

In another post you wrote.....
    This weekend I am going to try something I have never done before. I am getting spray tanned with Pro Tan and will be touched up and then put Dream Tan #2 Red Bronze on top for a finisher. My hope is that the Pro Tan is absorbed into my skin so that it doesn't soak up the Dream Tan like it did earlier this year. I will post results here.

How did you find that?
    Also how much Dream Tan do you get?
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I plan on deloading after I'm done with the 5's, before the heavy 3's and max week.

Are you planning on another juggernaut cycle or still undecided?

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Hopefully a deload will help out, then you can kill the testing for 3's

In another post you wrote.....
    This weekend I am going to try something I have never done before. I am getting spray tanned with Pro Tan and will be touched up and then put Dream Tan #2 Red Bronze on top for a finisher. My hope is that the Pro Tan is absorbed into my skin so that it doesn't soak up the Dream Tan like it did earlier this year. I will post results here.

How did you find that?
    Also how much Dream Tan do you get?
    Spray tan was a waste of time. It's just hot very dark. I talked about it in this video.

At the 6 minute mark you see the tanning, then we go ahead and add Dream tan later on.

I get 2 2oz containers per show to be safe. Red Bronze.

Originally Posted by BabyOilBrah View Post
    I plan on deloading after I'm done with the 5's, before the heavy 3's and max week.

Are you planning on another juggernaut cycle or still undecided?
    I want to do a Smolov cycle and bring my squat up. I need to really bring my squat over 2x bodyweight.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thank you, i did watch the video when you first unloaded it
    Forgot it was in there
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

I want to do a Smolov cycle and bring my squat up. I need to really bring my squat over 2x bodyweight.
    Right, I forgot about that. I'm pumped to follow along.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get after that smolov!!

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a foam roller in my living room. Sometimes the body just needs to heal, this is one of those times.
    Indeed, it sounds like your deload will do you well. I was having the same issue after 11 straight weeks of Sheiko. Recovery just wasn't happening between sessions and I was feeling rundown as hell. After 5 days and a single light arm workout, my deload is over. Best of luck staying sane over the next week. Always hard to stop pushing your limits in the weight room for a time

My High school buddy sent me a picture from back in the day...fun to compare. 15 to 35...

Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So that's what 20 years of experience looks like huh? Good stuff Paul.

devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Enjoy the Smolov. I just started Smolov Jr for bench again today. Really hoping it can take me equal or past my previous best since this whole nerve issue. Might do Smolov for squats immediately following to run me up to my next meet. Those russians have a way of making us progress in strength and size don't they? Keep up the good work Paul, enjoy the brief rest.
    CAN and WILL
    100% Natural Bodybuilding
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM
    www.biolayne.com

Originally Posted by KoHuskie View Post
    So that's what 20 years of experience looks like huh? Good stuff Paul.
    Yeah with many mistakes along the way. Funny how skinny I was. If I had access the all the good information available now I would have been way ahead way sooner!

Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    Enjoy the Smolov. I just started Smolov Jr for bench again today. Really hoping it can take me equal or past my previous best since this whole nerve issue. Might do Smolov for squats immediately following to run me up to my next meet. Those russians have a way of making us progress in strength and size don't they? Keep up the good work Paul, enjoy the brief rest.
    I think the Russians are concerned with one thing...performance. Personally I tend to get caught up in making sure my physique is balanced but at this point my muscle is not going anywhere if I don't hit chest for a few weeks. I need to bring up my legs and step one is to get stronger!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Monday February 11th, 2013

DELOAD bench day

Bench Press
    225x5, 5 sets....nice and easy.

DB Rows, DB Shoulder Press, Reverse lat Pulldown, Upright row, Incline DB Fly

Went in and supersetted all my sets. Kept the weights light but form slow and strict with alot of pausing and slow negatives. I got my heart rate going pretty good and a nice pump to go with it.

Overall a nice night in the gym despite the light weights. Squats and other leg movements tonight.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

∆--Be the Change--∆ The Big Sleep's Avatar
    The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good stuff Paul, I think you'll really enjoy/benefit from Smolov. Smolov Jr. boosted my squat quite a bit in just 3 weeks so I can imagine the full routine will really help
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

http://www.haleo.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html

Like Us On ********: http://tinyurl.com/HaleoFB

http://muscle-primer.com

•A mind too active is no mind at all•

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As much as I love to push it all day every day, a deload is nice to have... For all if about 2 days lol. After that I'm chomping at the bit to push it again lol
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Tuesday February 12th, 2013

Leg Press 5 sets, Calf Press 5 sets, Leg Curl 5 sets, Deadlift 5 sets, front squat 5 sets.

I finished with some back squats but by that time my knee was bothering me. I am starting to worry about my knee again. I am hoping the rest this week does it good. Overall a nice workout as I kept the pace really fast.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long has this knee been bugging you?

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    How long has this knee been bugging you?
    Off and on for a few years. I have been to the Dr., Had an MRI, had cotizone shots. There is nothing the Dr. can see but it gets pretty bad at time and I don't want to take NSAIDS every time I train legs. I might need to find another Dr. It really sucks when I just want to push myself and I can't because of this problem.

To be honest I would consider not training for a while if I knew it would help, I have also looked at doing Francisco's "Wheels from hell" routine which he did when he was hurt. I really want to do SMOLOV but it will depend how I feel in the next few weeks.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com