mgshab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Questions regarding weight gain and how to maintain

Hey everyone,

Figured I would register here to get some answers to probably some easy questions.

I have been an active/athletic individual for my entire life. I have always been on the slim side in terms of weight. I really want to be able to gain some good muscle mass and be able to keep it on.

Last August I started an internship that lasted till this past December. I had a good amount of free time so I was able to join a gym and go 5-6 times a week and eat as much as my heart desired. I was eating a healthy diet and taking in the necessary amounts of protein, carbs, fat daily. The only supplement I was taking was whey protein (post-workout). I gained about 15 lbs over that time period. I know that's probably not a lot for 5 months, but I was trying to keep my gains to as much lean muscle mass as possible.

As of January I returned to school to graduate and have had absolutely no time to do anything other than stick my head up my ass and focus on school. I have not been to the gym in probably 3 months. As of now I am back to the weight I was before I started working out last May.

My questions for you all are:

What is the reason for this? Does working out help me maintain my weight? (I feel that doing being not active but still eating would not cause me to lose weight)

Also, whenever I try to gain weight I always seem to hit a point where I cannot put on any more weight. I always seem to get stuck at about 190lbs. Any ideas?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Are there any other supplements I should consider taking? I wanted to take as little as possible.

Should I take a mass gainer? I have heard good and bad things about them. Some clarity on this subject would be great.

Thanks

smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you don't have time to buy/prepare/eat more food then take a Weight Gainer.

I recommend Real Gains because Serious Mass tastes absolutely horrible.

Real Gains is 600cal 52g protein

Originally Posted by smittywhey View Post
    If you don't have time to buy/prepare/eat more food then take a Weight Gainer.

I recommend Real Gains because Serious Mass tastes absolutely horrible.

Real Gains is 600cal 52g protein
    Thanks for the response.

Anyone else have any insight on the questions from my original post?