Jinnjuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Should I continue keto? Need to lose 20 lbs in 2 months!

Alright so I'm 5' 10", 182 lbs and 23-25% bf. This is pretty bad. What diet should I follow? I used to be 192 about a month ago and I lost 10 lbs within 2 weeks. Even though the recommended is 2 lbs a week, a lot of it is probably water weight and there was no decrease in strength. Also, during that period I INCREASED my squat and deadlift, and my bench stayed the same. I also noticed my love handles and my waist shrunk a little bit so I was pretty happy. A couple of people noticed my weight loss. 2 weeks into the low carb diet, I plateaued and stayed at 183 lbs. I stayed on with the diet for about another week and there was no difference at all. So I decided to stop that. Plus, my mother started freaking out about it saying that I'm going to have liver problems and long-term health issues so she kept wanting me to stop. Alright so since then all I did was start watching my calories. Basically I kept a 500 calorie deficit but I didn't look at macros too much. I just kept fat moderate, complex carbs moderate-high, and high protein. However, my weight loss is so slow. After a week and a half I only lost 1 pound. I was wondering if I should go back to low carb, because that's the only thing that worked fast for me and spared my muscle. I really need to shed fat. I want to get to at least 15-16% body fat by June, before school starts. I want to get in much better shape before school ends. Plus I'm on the football team so during summer workouts I would like to make a good impression on incoming freshmen.

Yeah and if you want to see what my body looks like right now I have a few pics up on my body space.

littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all I just want to say that you are only 14. Hence, you are still maturing.
    Second, a low carb diet does not automatically equal a ketogenic diet.
    Third, plateaus happen. They happen to anyone on any diet.

Losing 20lbs in 2 months is possible, but to get helpful advice, more information is needed. What is your current training routine like? You say you are eating at a 500 calorie deficit - how many calories are you eating per day? What are your current macro percentages?

Finally, at 14 years old, you should not even be worrying about bodyfat %. You are still maturing. Hell, you're still growing, even though you're already at 5' 10"! I totally expect that you'll be seeing 6'+ in the near future. Also, being on a low carb diet won't give you long term health issues or liver problems.