Closed Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 905brah View Post
    bored here.

would you say that there is freedom of choice to practice or not..ie indoctrination based on region

no quotes please.they do nothing.
    I don't understand the question. Freedom of choice to practice what based on where?
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chashma1 View Post
    SK;
    Would u eat from a restaurant that claims to sell halal food but it's employees don't come to mosque even on jummah? Mosque is right next door.

Tbh, that's shady.
    That's sketchy, no. That's usually because people think "halal" just means "does not contain pork".
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 905brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    islam ( to practice or not to practice)

anywhere in the world

Originally Posted by 905brah View Post
    islam ( to practice or not to practice)

anywhere in the world
    In the non-Muslim world, yes.

In the Muslim world, you follow a public dress code and speech/advertising cannot be sinful. As for what you privately believe and practice, nobody knows.

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Asalamu alakoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I had a huge argument on marriage out side of culture today. I was of course on the side you should marry out side of culture if the opportunity is given. (strong in deen,etc)

the person(s) argument was that its bound to fail because
    1) Both families would have hard time to communicate, get along
    2) Clothing,food etc is too different for them to be compatible (weak argument)
    3) Parents would not agree and if even after you go ahead and get married it would sever ties of kinship.

An example was than given to me...

A man married a women from another culture, when they had kids the kids did not speak the fathers nor mothers tongue so the mother took the kids back to her country and taught them her mother tongue. When they came back together the kids could not communicate with the father but only did so with the father. So than the father felt isolated.

If you yourself are married out side of culture...
    1) how are both sides of the family connecting?
    2)does small things get in the way clothing,food etc
    3)Parents ever disagree for cultural reasons?

If not married outside of culture, did you decide to do so because things would be easier? (food,clothing,language etc)

If not married do you plan on marrying inside of culture? (concentrated and doing this first)

You can PM the second half as maybe you may not want to post it here.

I know the majority of the rulings but things being easier within culture than outside I had harder time with.

Jazak Allah Khair Brother.
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post
    1) Jesus (pbuh) doesn't act as a Caliph (nothing says he will be a Caliph)
    2) Imam Mahdi (may God be pleased with him) is a Qurayshi Caliph at the same time as Jesus (pbuh) is alive. I believe Imam Mahdi dies before Jesus (pbuh) by many years. Afterwards, there may be another Qurayshi Caliph (no information on this).
    As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

Jesus (pbuh) will be a just ruler when he comes back as per the words of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

"I swear by Him in Whose hand is my soul: the son of Mary shall descend among you as a just ruler. Then he will break the Cross, and kill the swine and put an end to war (in another Tradition, there is the word Jizyah (tax) instead of war, meaning that he will abolish of jizyah); A then there will be such abundance of wealth that nobody will like to accept it, and (conditions will be such that) performing of one sajdah (prostration) before Allah will be considered better than the world and what it contains." (Bukhari and Muslim).

As for Imam al-Mahdi (ra), I think he will fight Dajjal. The Hadiths also suggest that Jesus (pbuh) will pray behind the leader of the Muslims in the time of Dajjal who is possibly Imam al-Mahdi (ra).

"... then Jesus son of Mary will descend. The leader of the Muslims will say to him, 'Come, lead us in the Prayer', but he will say, 'No: you yourselves are leaders over one another." C This he will say in view of the honour that Allah has bestowed on this Community." (Muslim and Ahmad).

The Holy Prophet (while relating the story of the Dajjal) said: "At that time suddenly Jesus son of Mary (on whom be peace) shall appear among the Muslims. Then the people will stand up for the Prayer, and he will be asked, 'Step forward, 0h Spirit of Allah (and lead us in the Prayer); but he will say, 'No: your own leader should step forward and lead the Prayer.' Then, after offering the Morning Prayer, the Muslims shall go forth to fight the Dajjal.' He said, 'When the liar will see Jesus, he will start dissolving like the salt in water. Then Jesus will advance towards him and will slay him; and it will so happen that the trees and the stones will cry out: '0h Spirit of Allah, here is a Jew hiding behind me.' None will be left from among the followers of the Dajjal, whom he (i.e. Jesus) will not kill." (Ahmad).

http://www.islamicweb.com/history/ww3.htm
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

Originally Posted by kassit View Post

Jesus (pbuh) will be a just ruler when he comes back as per the words of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

"I swear by Him in Whose hand is my soul: the son of Mary shall descend among you as a just ruler. Then he will break the Cross, and kill the swine and put an end to war (in another Tradition, there is the word Jizyah (tax) instead of war, meaning that he will abolish of jizyah); A then there will be such abundance of wealth that nobody will like to accept it, and (conditions will be such that) performing of one sajdah (prostration) before Allah will be considered better than the world and what it contains." (Bukhari and Muslim).

As for Imam al-Mahdi (ra), I think he will fight Dajjal. The Hadiths also suggest that Jesus (pbuh) will pray behind the leader of the Muslims in the time of Dajjal who is possibly Imam al-Mahdi (ra).

"... then Jesus son of Mary will descend. The leader of the Muslims will say to him, 'Come, lead us in the Prayer', but he will say, 'No: you yourselves are leaders over one another." C This he will say in view of the honour that Allah has bestowed on this Community." (Muslim and Ahmad).

The Holy Prophet (while relating the story of the Dajjal) said: "At that time suddenly Jesus son of Mary (on whom be peace) shall appear among the Muslims. Then the people will stand up for the Prayer, and he will be asked, 'Step forward, 0h Spirit of Allah (and lead us in the Prayer); but he will say, 'No: your own leader should step forward and lead the Prayer.' Then, after offering the Morning Prayer, the Muslims shall go forth to fight the Dajjal.' He said, 'When the liar will see Jesus, he will start dissolving like the salt in water. Then Jesus will advance towards him and will slay him; and it will so happen that the trees and the stones will cry out: '0h Spirit of Allah, here is a Jew hiding behind me.' None will be left from among the followers of the Dajjal, whom he (i.e. Jesus) will not kill." (Ahmad).

http://www.islamicweb.com/history/ww3.htm
    Jazak Allah Khair,

Imam Mahdi and Jesus (pbuh) live at the same time, though it is Imam Mahdi who is the Caliph until he passes away. I do believe Imam Mahdi dies before Jesus. Afterwards, it's not clear if Jesus (pbuh) will be a formal Caliph or not, but it's possible. To be honest, I don't think it matters.

Whether or not Jesus (pbuh) is a Caliph isn't an issue, since the hadith of the 12 Caliphs neither restricts the total number of Caliphs to 12 nor states that only Qurayshi Caliphs are good. Jesus (pbuh) could easily be among the just Caliphs who don't happen to be Qurayshi.

Originally Posted by Kurd4evah View Post
    Asalamu alakoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I had a huge argument on marriage out side of culture today. I was of course on the side you should marry out side of culture if the opportunity is given. (strong in deen,etc)

the person(s) argument was that its bound to fail because
    1) Both families would have hard time to communicate, get along
    2) Clothing,food etc is too different for them to be compatible (weak argument)
    3) Parents would not agree and if even after you go ahead and get married it would sever ties of kinship.

An example was than given to me...

A man married a women from another culture, when they had kids the kids did not speak the fathers nor mothers tongue so the mother took the kids back to her country and taught them her mother tongue. When they came back together the kids could not communicate with the father but only did so with the father. So than the father felt isolated.

If you yourself are married out side of culture...
    1) how are both sides of the family connecting?
    2)does small things get in the way clothing,food etc
    3)Parents ever disagree for cultural reasons?

If not married outside of culture, did you decide to do so because things would be easier? (food,clothing,language etc)

If not married do you plan on marrying inside of culture? (concentrated and doing this first)

You can PM the second half as maybe you may not want to post it here.

I know the majority of the rulings but things being easier within culture than outside I had harder time with.

Jazak Allah Khair Brother.
    As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
    Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

I don't think we should try to come up with hard and fast rules like "you SHOULD marry within your culture" or "you SHOULD NOT marry within your culture".

What we SHOULD do is marry pious spouses who we can love, respect, and with whom we are compatible. Culture is definitely one aspect of compatibility. If someone gets married to a person of a different culture, on purpose, and this proves to create more difficulties than they can handle, and they get divorced as a result, or live a very difficult married life due to conflicts, then it's not worthwhile and the religion doesn't encourage needless challenges.

When cross-cultural marriages work, it's great, especially if people learn different languages and learn to love different cultures. If it only creates tension and hostility, then it's not a good idea at all. These issues should be carefully examined among families before they get married.

Personally, I looked for piety as the most important factor in my marriage. But many other things were important to me, such as compatibility, physical attraction, and knowledge of the Arabic language.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Afterwards, it's not clear if Jesus (pbuh) will be a formal Caliph or not, but it's possible. To be honest, I don't think it matters.

I think he will the Caliph since the Prophet (pbuh) said that Jesus (pbuh) will be a a just ruler. However, I agree it does not really matter in the context of the 12 Quraishi Caliphs.
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onebobby5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FaroeViking View Post
    How can you stand by a religion which encourages killing of all jews just because a paedophile of a prophet said that you should do so hundreds of years ago?
    That it's okay to beat women? Killing them for marrying 'the wrong man' ?
    Guys in their fifties marrying 12 year old girls and having their way with them? And no it's not consensual.
    That stoning of people for petty crimes....seriously?

I am disgusted by islam everything related to it.
    Doesn't sound like you have the facts.

1) Islam doesn't encourage killing all Jews

http://mac.abc.se/home/onesr/ez/isl/...struction.html
    http://www.livingislam.org/maa/dcmm_e.html

2) It's not okay to beat women or kill them for marrying the wrong man

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=2500

3) Islam doesn't permit marriage without consent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3#post78903033
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post298932521

4) Islam doesn't permit stoning except for serious crimes like adultery

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=1590
    It drives me literally insane how somebody will say stuff like this about our religion, and then we show them the facts, and they will literally come back later probably and ask the same questions. Or they will continue to have the same disposition towards Islam, even though SK just laid down the law with facts after facts.

Originally Posted by kassit View Post

I think he will the Caliph since the Prophet (pbuh) said that Jesus (pbuh) will be a a just ruler. However, I agree it does not really matter in the context of the 12 Quraishi Caliphs.
    Yes, it's possible

لا تقوم الساعة حتى ينزل عيسى بن مريم في الأرض حكما عدلا وقاضيا مقسطا ، فيكسر الصليب ، ويقتل الخنزير والقرد ، وتوضع الجزية ، وتكون السجدة كلها واحدة لله رب العالمين

"Haakim aadil, qadee muqsitan"

"A just ruler and fair judge"

wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A) Proof that Imam Mahdi is the last of the 12 Qurayshi Caliphs
    Walaikumsalam

I guess there isn't any proof for that. Even if there was one, then too it won't be a big concern since Isa(as) is not a Quraishi. And this is the issue of our question.

B) Proof on whether Jesus (pbuh) will be considered a Caliph or not. You can have a Caliph living at the same time as Jesus (pbuh), which is what happens during the time of Imam Mahdi.
    Well don't you think this is a proof that Isa(as) will be a Caliph, since he is called as an Imam and Imam is a synonym of Caliph, since we have a hadeeth which uses the word 12 Imams instead of 12 caliphs in the hadeeth?

وعن أبي هريرة قال: سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول:
    "والذي نفس أبي القاسم بيده، لينزلن عيسى بن مريم إماماً مقسطاً وحكماً عدلاً، فليكسرن الصليب، ويقتلن الخنزير، وليصلحن ذات البين، وليذهبن الشحناء وليعرضن المال فلا يقبله أحد، ثم لئن قام على قبري فقال: يا محمد، لأجبته".

قلت: هو في الصحيح باختصار.
    رواه أبو يعلى ورجاله رجال الصحيح

Translation: Narrated Abu Hurayra I heard the Prophet say: "By the one in Whose hand is Abu al-Qasim's soul, `Isa ibn Maryam shall descend as a just and wise ruler. He shall destroy the cross, slay the swine, eradicate discord and grudges, and money shall be offered to him but he will not accept it. Then he shall stand at my grave side and say: Ya Muhammad! and I will answer him.(" Abu Ya`la relates it with a sound (sahih) chain in his Musnad (Dar al-Ma'mun ed. 1407/1987) 11:462; Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani cites it in al-Matalib al-`aliya (Kuwait, 1393/1973) 4:23, chapter entitled: "Concerning the Prophet's life in his grave" and #4574. Haythami says in Majma` al-zawa'id (8:5), Chapter entitled: "`Isa ibn Maryam's Descent": "Its sub-narrators are the men of sound (sahih) hadith")

I believe the entire world declines after the death of Jesus (pbuh), but again, we don't know how long after.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    [/QUOTE]

wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Salam Alykum SK,

Do Jinns still posses people today? if so, could this be ever proved empirically, like how does one know that the case he has is a case of Jinn possession as opposed to a mental disorder?

Also, an Egyptian Scholar here Khaled El Gendy says that Jinn possessions has ended by the death of the prophet, and that no one could contact Jinn or get possessed by them anymore today. Is that true, and do other major scholars agree with this position?
    **l**MISC GIF CREW**l**

♚ Middle Eastern & Mediterranean Crew ♛

يوماد برآه

Originally Posted by Alchem View Post
    Salam Alykum SK,

Do Jinns still posses people today? if so, could this be ever proved empirically, like how does one know that the case he has is a case of Jinn possession as opposed to a mental disorder?

Also, an Egyptian Scholar here Khaled El Gendy says that Jinn possessions has ended by the death of the prophet, and that no one could contact Jinn or get possessed by them anymore today. Is that true, and do other major scholars agree with this position?
    Yes jinn possession do take place, even today. And there are countless proofs for that.

You may refer this website which deals with all sort of questions related to jinn possessions.

http://www.jinndemons.com/

Here are some cases of jinn possession from the above website:
    http://www.jinndemons.com/category/c...nn-possession/

And here are some videos:
    http://www.jinndemons.com/category/videos-of-jinn/

Originally Posted by wellwisher4u View Post
    Walaikumsalam

I guess there isn't any proof for that. Even if there was one, then too it won't be a big concern since Isa(as) is not a Quraishi. And this is the issue of our question.

Well don't you think this is a proof that Isa(as) will be a Caliph, since he is called as an Imam and Imam is a synonym of Caliph, since we have a hadeeth which uses the word 12 Imams instead of 12 caliphs in the hadeeth?

وعن أبي هريرة قال: سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول:
    "والذي نفس أبي القاسم بيده، لينزلن عيسى بن مريم إماماً مقسطاً وحكماً عدلاً، فليكسرن الصليب، ويقتلن الخنزير، وليصلحن ذات البين، وليذهبن الشحناء وليعرضن المال فلا يقبله أحد، ثم لئن قام على قبري فقال: يا محمد، لأجبته".

قلت: هو في الصحيح باختصار.
    رواه أبو يعلى ورجاله رجال الصحيح

Translation: Narrated Abu Hurayra I heard the Prophet say: "By the one in Whose hand is Abu al-Qasim's soul, `Isa ibn Maryam shall descend as a just and wise ruler. He shall destroy the cross, slay the swine, eradicate discord and grudges, and money shall be offered to him but he will not accept it. Then he shall stand at my grave side and say: Ya Muhammad! and I will answer him.(" Abu Ya`la relates it with a sound (sahih) chain in his Musnad (Dar al-Ma'mun ed. 1407/1987) 11:462; Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani cites it in al-Matalib al-`aliya (Kuwait, 1393/1973) 4:23, chapter entitled: "Concerning the Prophet's life in his grave" and #4574. Haythami says in Majma` al-zawa'id (8:5), Chapter entitled: "`Isa ibn Maryam's Descent": "Its sub-narrators are the men of sound (sahih) hadith")

I believe the entire world declines after the death of Jesus (pbuh), but again, we don't know how long after.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    I actually haven't seen the version of the hadith use "Imam". I have seen "Caliph" and "Ameer". Maybe you can link to the version you are talking about.

This is a good summary on the different views on the issue.

http://islamqa.info/ar/ref/146316

Some even believe that the 12 consecutive Caliphs follow one another after the death of Imam Mahdi (may God be pleased with him).

Originally Posted by Alchem View Post
    Salam Alykum SK,

1) Do Jinns still posses people today? if so, could this be ever proved empirically, like how does one know that the case he has is a case of Jinn possession as opposed to a mental disorder?

2) Also, an Egyptian Scholar here Khaled El Gendy says that Jinn possessions has ended by the death of the prophet, and that no one could contact Jinn or get possessed by them anymore today. Is that true, and do other major scholars agree with this position?

1) Yes, they do. I'm sure people could design an experiment for it i.e. sometimes people end up speaking ancient Hebrew and other languages they never knew before (but which Jinn can speak). People may also possess ancient knowledge which they otherwise could never have known before.

2) I don't think so, at least, I don't know why he would think that's the case.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

I actually haven't seen the version of the hadith use "Imam". I have seen "Caliph" and "Ameer". Maybe you can link to the version you are talking about.

This is a good summary on the different views on the issue.

http://islamqa.info/ar/ref/146316

Some even believe that the 12 consecutive Caliphs follow one another after the death of Imam Mahdi (may God be pleased with him).
    Shaykh al-Albani in his Zilal al-Jannah, Number 1120 records:

1120 ثنا أبو بكر ثنا وكيع ثنا الأعمش ثنا سهل أبو الأسود عن بكير الجزري عن أنس بن مالك قال قال أتانا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ونحن في بيت رجل من الأنصار فأخذ بعضاوتي الباب فقال الأئمة من قريش

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet, peace be upon him ... said: “THE IMAMS ARE FROM QURAYSH”.

Commenting upon its authenticity, Shaykh al-Albani says:

حديث صحيح

The Hadith is Sahih.

Shaykh al-Albani in his Sahih al-Targhib wa al-Tarhib, Number 2188, also records that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said:

الأئمة من قريش إن لي عليكم حقا ولهم عليكم حقا مثل ذلك

The IMAMS are from Quraysh. I have a right over you (i.e. right of unconditional obedience), AND THEY HAVE A SIMILAR RIGHT OVER YOU.

Shaykh al-Albani says:

صحيح لغيره

Shaykh al-Albani in his Zilal al-Jannah, Number 1120 records:

1120 ثنا أبو بكر ثنا وكيع ثنا الأعمش ثنا سهل أبو الأسود عن بكير الجزري عن أنس بن مالك قال قال أتانا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ونحن في بيت رجل من الأنصار فأخذ بعضاوتي الباب فقال الأئمة من قريش

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet, peace be upon him ... said: “THE IMAMS ARE FROM QURAYSH”.

Commenting upon its authenticity, Shaykh al-Albani says:

حديث صحيح

The Hadith is Sahih.

Shaykh al-Albani in his Sahih al-Targhib wa al-Tarhib, Number 2188, also records that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said:

الأئمة من قريش إن لي عليكم حقا ولهم عليكم حقا مثل ذلك

The IMAMS are from Quraysh. I have a right over you (i.e. right of unconditional obedience), AND THEY HAVE A SIMILAR RIGHT OVER YOU.

Shaykh al-Albani says:

صحيح لغيره
    Yes, there is a whole section in Muslim that says that the Caliph should be from Quraysh. However, I'm looking for anything that says "12 Imams" specifically.

http://hadith.al-islam.com/Page.aspx...D=25&TOCID=861

Because you said "since we have a hadeeth which uses the word 12 Imams instead of 12 caliphs in the hadeeth"

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    where i live there are a couple of imams who are extincting/removing jinns from a mans/womans body - nothing too unusual

Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pazdaran has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Does Allah according to the typical Ahlul Sunnah view, have a body? And could you please refer to somewhere where I can read more about it, thanks

I've recently seen alot of Selefi youth(calling themselves selefi) claiming that Allah is not everywhere, rather he is above only. Your thoughts on this aswell?
    I always rep back.

reps: SupahStarr
    PAULBOT2012

Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alchem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pazdaran View Post
    Does Allah according to the typical Ahlul Sunnah view, have a body? And could you please refer to somewhere where I can read more about it, thanks

I've recently seen alot of Selefi youth(calling themselves selefi) claiming that Allah is not everywhere, rather he is above only. Your thoughts on this aswell?
    I'm pretty sure that in Islam, God is not omnipresent in essence. But SK could give you more info.
    **l**MISC GIF CREW**l**

♚ Middle Eastern & Mediterranean Crew ♛

يوماد برآه

Yes, there is a whole section in Muslim that says that the Caliph should be from Quraysh. However, I'm looking for anything that says "12 Imams" specifically.

http://hadith.al-islam.com/Page.aspx...D=25&TOCID=861

Because you said "since we have a hadeeth which uses the word 12 Imams instead of 12 caliphs in the hadeeth"
    Well i was mistaken, actually i thought that since the hadeeth says 12 calips will be from Quraysh and that Imams too will be from Quraysh, then that means Imams are the Caliphs. So do you think this logic is flawed?

Btw, I found these reports in a shia website:
    And in a tradition:

"There will be twelve upright Imams for this nation. Those who try to disgrace them will not succeed; all of them shall be from the Quraysh."

"The affair of the people will continue as long as twelve men rule over them."

And from Anas:

"This religion will remain till twelve Imams from Quraysh (will pass), then when they expire the earth will swallow its inhabitants."

And in a tradition:

"The affair of this nation will always be apparent till the twelve Imams will rise, all of them from the Quraysh.
    (source: Al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, Kanz al-'Ummal , 13:27)
    Last edited by wellwisher4u; 04-15-2012 at 04:54 AM.

naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naseem87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mashallah, good work brother!
    What we do in this life echoes in eternity.

Well i was mistaken, actually i thought that since the hadeeth says 12 calips will be from Quraysh and that Imams too will be from Quraysh, then that means Imams are the Caliphs. So do you think this logic is flawed?

Btw, I found these reports in a shia website:
    And in a tradition:

"There will be twelve upright Imams for this nation. Those who try to disgrace them will not succeed; all of them shall be from the Quraysh."

"The affair of the people will continue as long as twelve men rule over them."

And from Anas:

"This religion will remain till twelve Imams from Quraysh (will pass), then when they expire the earth will swallow its inhabitants."

And in a tradition:

"The affair of this nation will always be apparent till the twelve Imams will rise, all of them from the Quraysh.
    (source: Al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, Kanz al-'Ummal , 13:27)
    I don't trust hadiths on random websites unless I can verify them.

There's no doubt that in this context Imam, Caliph, and Ameer have similar meanings, but it's important in that "Caliph" is a very obvious political type of leader, unlike "Imam" which can be just an important religious leader.

No, but I think this topic contains enough confusion apart from the fact that it's probably too sophisticated for "youths" to argue about. What they probably meant is that God describes Himself in a certain way and that's the only way He should be described, as opposed to people who say things like God is "inside" everything etc.

You can read about that here:

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/aqida2.htm

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/aqida3.htm

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/aqida8.htm

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/aqida9.htm

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/aqida12.htm

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/anthro/anthro6.htm

I don't trust hadiths on random websites unless I can verify them.

There's no doubt that in this context Imam, Caliph, and Ameer have similar meanings, but it's important in that "Caliph" is a very obvious political type of leader, unlike "Imam" which can be just an important religious leader.
    So all the important religious leaders can only be from Quraiysh? Like the hadeeth says. If not then what does the Imam being from Quraysh signifies?

Refer this link:
    http://www.abovethethrone.com/arsh/

Atheus Militante de Pacis boseador's Avatar
    boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by boseador View Post
    Hello,

Does the prophet or koran mention jinn possessing people?

Is there any evidence that the jinns exist?
    Please respond
    Pro MMA record: 0-0-0

“How could they see anything but the shadows if they were never allowed to move their heads?” - Plato

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Some eloquent speech is as effective as magic.” - Prophet Mohammed

Originally Posted by boseador View Post
    Does the prophet or koran mention jinn possessing people?
    Quran doesn't but the Prophet(Saw) did. And he even cured people who were possessed by Jinn.

Is there any evidence that the jinns exist?
    What sort of evidence you need?

I mean , I have seen people who never heard of some languages, but when they were possessed by the Jinn, they spoke those languages. And the other proof is that, when you recite some Quranic verses over them, they start screaming, since it hurts them. They can't bear the pain. While normal human being doesn't has any such problem in hearing Qran

Closed Thread