Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100)

cheat DAY today.

will this effect my cut?

i am like a bottomless pit today, (due to the beers i drank yesterday).......

and the food that is surrounding me.

i do not have willpower today.
    "you know i went to the gym today and felt like i was the only one even lifting"

http://curlsareforgirls.blogspot.com/

Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pattycake9 View Post
    will this effect my cut?

i am like a bottomless pit today, (due to the beers i drank yesterday).......

and the food that is surrounding me.

i do not have willpower today.
    you had your cheat day yesterday with the beer. stop it now !
    Yeah... I guess I should join the Over 35 Forum now, right ?

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    will this effect my cut?
    Anything that brings your cals above your target deficit wil effect your cut. That's just the way the math works. But whether or not it's significant depends on just how much you eat. Decide if it's worth it, and go ahead and eat more if you feel it's really important, but still track it.
    Last edited by LunicaAshes; 04-08-2012 at 11:31 AM.

pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeahh. Im being semi conscious about it..... Thanks
    "you know i went to the gym today and felt like i was the only one even lifting"

Originally Posted by Michelle_Rose View Post
    you had your cheat day yesterday with the beer. stop it now !
    Haha yeah I gotta live a little

Heavens1st has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last time I had 2 cheat days I was back to my weight by the next weekend. Set me back 5 days, enjoy

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it was your first cheat day or two in a long while- no, it won't hurt you in the long run. You've been doing awesome so far, you've made a lot of progress, and you've been dieting now for a while! Relax, enjoy, and get back on track tomorrow And most importantly- don't feel bad about it. It's only Easter once a year. Happy Easter!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Thanks for the responses, I couldn't do it. Stayed strong .. Had a baby piece of prime rib and called it a day.

I am not the weak.

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a cheat meal yesterday including a brownie, a peice of chocolate cake, and a few small peices of candy. I ain't worried though. I did pretty good today and will still meet my overall calorie goals for the week. I'll let you know how much damage I did when I weigh in later this week. After the vast amount of well-seasoned crawfish I had today I'll be retaining fluid for a few days.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I am not the weak.
    no one would have thought you were weak. esp on easter. a one time cheat day wouldn't affect you longer than this week. it's when they're weekly that you have problems. constantly undoing your deficit. but that's not what we're talking abt. and had you "given in," then you just would have had a killer workout (preferably legs. they make for the most hardcore leg days) tmw.

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cheat days are a lie. cheat days are pretty much giving up and hurting yourself one day a week/month instead of sticking with it. Sure a cheat day is better than a cheat week.

but in the end the results are still bad you...........nothing magic happens because it is called a cheat day instead of " I ate bunch of cr%% today"

will it effect you...duh. less nutriton affects you....will you gain weight.....depends on your calories.

MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My cheat day has lasted 3 days now Easter and now im sick and craving more chocolate. Normally when i have cravings this bad i go to the gym but i'm too sick. fml.

I just want to go back to work where its easy for me to stick to my eating plan.

marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I cheated yesterday it was Easter. I was really bad, so now it is over and a new week is here. I am eating properly agian and training as usual. I leave in 5 days for Cuba. I was being way to strict as far as food goes on myself a while back. I stopped being so strick and I feel much better and not so grumpy. Remember you are human, everyone does it.

Certified Fitness Trainer ThisFitChick's Avatar
    ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you're body says you need it and you feel it... go for it! It is better than not listening to your body and most likely overeating another day because your body is feeling even more deprived!

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by liuzhoudragon View Post
    Cheat days are a lie. cheat days are pretty much giving up and hurting yourself one day a week/month instead of sticking with it. Sure a cheat day is better than a cheat week.

but in the end the results are still bad you...........nothing magic happens because it is called a cheat day instead of " I ate bunch of cr%% today"

will it effect you...duh. less nutriton affects you....will you gain weight.....depends on your calories.
    Says the poster with no avi and not a single image in their profile...

I personally do not do cheat "days," I do a cheat "meal" periodically to give myself a break... and I plan ahead for it. I think it's a healthy thing to do for those of us who tend to become obsessed with every single calorie we consume. Knowing that I could never have anything sweet and yummy ever again would be a totally depressing thought to me. That would suck. However knowing that "in two weeks I get to indulge in one sweet treat" keeps me going on the right track... it's motivation to stick with the diet rigidly until that day comes. Cheating only becomes a problem if you #1 let it get out of hand and turn it into several days of overindulgence or #2 get mad at yourself for cheating and give up on your diet altogether. If you plan ahead for a cheat and only eat a pre-determined portion of cheat food... I don't think it's a bad thing!

KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KPainter70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had a cheat yesterday. Really it was more about showing a chocolate bunny who was boss.

today is a new day.! and im actually feeling/looking leaner than i did on saturday....(cause i couldnt bring myself to just eat everything in sight.) although id love that lasagna and choc cake....i went with a piece of prime rib. i was having pre nightmares as to what my macros would have been, and after i would have ate it... prob wouldnt even be worth it. If i am going to cheat it will be a chicken parm hero one night. instead of grilled chicken on a wrap. That would be more of a treat to me.

well happy monday everyone..... get backkk on the grind.

NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KPainter70 View Post
    I had a cheat yesterday. Really it was more about showing a chocolate bunny who was boss.
    Lolz.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Had lotsa candy yesterday and killed it in the gym today! Yay delicious carb-up for getting me past my bench plateau. Peeps are magic
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    Says the poster with no avi and not a single image in their profile...

I personally do not do cheat "days," I do a cheat "meal" periodically to give myself a break... and I plan ahead for it. I think it's a healthy thing to do for those of us who tend to become obsessed with every single calorie we consume. Knowing that I could never have anything sweet and yummy ever again would be a totally depressing thought to me. That would suck. However knowing that "in two weeks I get to indulge in one sweet treat" keeps me going on the right track... it's motivation to stick with the diet rigidly until that day comes. Cheating only becomes a problem if you #1 let it get out of hand and turn it into several days of overindulgence or #2 get mad at yourself for cheating and give up on your diet altogether. If you plan ahead for a cheat and only eat a pre-determined portion of cheat food... I don't think it's a bad thing!
    Ad hominem fallacy much?

question is about will it effect the cut...........my answer is right. bottomless pit is different from a piece your favorite desert.
    never said it wasn't enjoyable to some to cheat, simply that cheat days aren't supportive of a good body....supportive of short term happiness for sure...long term happiness? depends on the person.

buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by liuzhoudragon View Post
    simply that cheat days aren't supportive of a good body....supportive of short term happiness for sure...long term happiness? depends on the person.
    This is just wrong. I eat 100% strict sunday - friday, I can't remember the last time I deviated during those days, but I cheat every Saturday at nearly double my daily calorie intake.

It helps me stay very lean, and provides a mental break each week for a day to have some joy through food. Glycogen storage comes back, leptin levels go through the roof, and your body feels like it's on fire for the next day and a half or so because of your metabolism is skyrocketing trying to deal with the excess calories/carbs.

The effect of refeeds and cheat days can be incredible if you add just a little bit of structure to the chaos of cheating.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by buyerofmtg View Post
    The effect of refeeds and cheat days can be incredible if you add just a little bit of structure to the chaos of cheating.
    I agree. I think part of the issue can be people fooling themselves into calling a binge a refeed. My understanding, and this is mostly based on Lyle McD's work, is that a refeed has structure and parameters to it - i.e. macros, timing, etc. It's not eating a pizza, nachos, side of wings, a keg of beer and cheesecake...and then saying 'what? I just had one cheat meal right?!'

Have that by all means if you want, but if you're into some fine-tuning cutting and/or dealing with some stubborn fat, don't do it, call it a refeed and then say you stick to your diet 99% of the time but wahhhhhh can't lose anything.

That's the part that drives me nuts. Know what you're doing and be honest with yourself about it.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    a refeed has structure and parameters to it - i.e. macros, timing, etc. It's not eating a pizza, nachos, side of wings, a keg of beer and cheesecake...and then saying 'what? I just had one cheat meal right?!'

Have that by all means if you want, but if you're into some fine-tuning cutting and/or dealing with some stubborn fat, don't do it, call it a refeed and then say you stick to your diet 99% of the time but wahhhhhh can't lose anything.

That's the part that drives me nuts. Know what you're doing and be honest with yourself about it.
    true dat. refeeds and 'cheat days' are two entirely different things.

refeeds *can* work, if you know how to fit them in and whether you *need* them for the reasons the concept has been developed.

and fwiw, refeeds aren't necessarily all fun and games either. i just finished mine and thought i'd throw up halfway through. but then again, i often crunch my 500+ grams of starch in under 10 hours
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    and fwiw, refeeds aren't necessarily all fun and games either. i just finished mine and thought i'd throw up halfway through. but then again, i often crunch my 500+ grams of starch in under 10 hours
    actually 500+ gr of starch sounds pretty good to me...hello cornflakes and rice krispies...
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesskewl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by buyerofmtg View Post
    This is just wrong. I eat 100% strict sunday - friday, I can't remember the last time I deviated during those days, but I cheat every Saturday at nearly double my daily calorie intake.

It helps me stay very lean, and provides a mental break each week for a day to have some joy through food. Glycogen storage comes back, leptin levels go through the roof, and your body feels like it's on fire for the next day and a half or so because of your metabolism is skyrocketing trying to deal with the excess calories/carbs.

That is what I was taught as well.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    !!! applies to everything.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    actually 500+ gr of starch sounds pretty good to me...hello cornflakes and rice krispies...
    nah, corn flakes are too high in sugar. not good when you inhale the whole box
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think cheat meals are very important. The thing to remember is it is a "cheat meal" not a "cheat day." Depending on what phase of training you are in your body actually needs the surge of calories, carbs and fat to help keep up with a bulking phase and intense workouts. On top of that, cheat meals serve as a means of disruption the body as it builds tolerance to your current lifestyle. It shakes things up a bit per say. couple rules to remember:
    1. 90/20
    The 90/10 rule means that 90% of the time you should eat according to your specific goal-based nutrition plan, and 10% of time you can indulge in something that is not on the diet. If you consume cheat meals this way, you won't derail your fat loss or fitness goals.
    Even when you do a low-intensity workout, your muscles can sponge up a lot of extra carbs, preventing them from being converted to fat.
    2. Cheat to Win
    There is no single research study that says cheat meals can speed up your metabolism, but eating them can help you psychologically. It is difficult for someone to be on a diet 7 days per week without cheating.
    You may go crazy trying to do that, particularly if you are dieting for 12 weeks or longer. In other words, a little junk food might go a long way to help your mental game.
    3. Re-Feed
    Let's say you are on a strict 1700-calorie diet 5 days per week, and then you re-feed for one day on a 2700-calorie diet. The re-feed is still healthy, but you're ingesting more carbs and calories for a specific purpose.
    Re-feeds are particularly important to low-calorie (and low-carb) dieters who need to replenish muscle glycogen and spike the metabolism (by kicking up leptin levels).
    4. Cheat meal not cheat day
    As long as you are following 90 percent of your diet plan, you can include 1-2 cheat meals per week to stay sane. Cheat meals are meant to satisfy your taste buds, not to fill your belly at some all-you-can-eat buffet.
    A cheat meal is exactly that: a meal. A cheat meal does not constitute a whole day of cheating. If you follow the 90/10 rule, then the 10 percent spent cheating will never derail you from losing fat and getting ripped.

From an article by Obi Obadike on BB
    L.A. (Lauren Allen)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by Laaaren03 View Post
    From an article by Obi Obadike on BB
    started eyeroll @ 'your muscles can sponge up a lot of extra carbs, preventing them from being converted to fat.'

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    started eyeroll @ 'your muscles can sponge up a lot of extra carbs, preventing them from being converted to fat.'
    as soon as i started reading or even saw the format, i knew it was some article and not op's knowledge (or lack thereof).

cheat meal, no cheat meal, do what works for you. but if you have one, i would encourage a legs workout on the day following. killer. intense.