Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Registered User lotusdeva's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    Posts: 651
    Rep Power: 739
    lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lotusdeva's BodySpace
    lotusdeva is offline

    Surgery = no gym, how do you cope?

    I was wondering how do you ladies cope with this - for those of you that had to have surgery and as a result were out for a while? I am going crazy My doc said that I will be out for couple of weeks. I was kind of thinking 2 at the most. Now its at least 4 and maybe more. I was bulking (month 5) when I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago. I was doing so good in the gym. I was not ready for this at all. All of the sudden I can't do anything How do you guys cope? Currently I am eating slightly under maint. I am afraid to lose everything I worked for so hard. This sucks
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Maximum Ham thehobbes's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 31
    Stats: 5'6", 170 lbs
    Posts: 12,973
    Rep Power: 16430
    thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) thehobbes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit thehobbes's BodySpace
    thehobbes is offline
    Oh that sucks, what kind of surgery was it? I haven't had surgery recently but have been out for a month or more at a time due to injury. I hated it but was at least able to do light legs/cardio with an upper body injury. I suggest eating at least at maint, if not a little more, and keep your protein high, take some BCAAs too if you can. When I went back I didn't actually lose much strength at all, 4-6 weeks out won't ruin your gains. The first couple workouts will be hard but I was pretty much back to normal after a couple weeks.

    All that down time is very hard mentally I know. All you can really do is eat well, rest, and do everything correctly to make sure you heal well so you can get back to the gym in good health. If it's been 3 weeks already I'd think you're pretty close to be cleared to do some type of exercise, even if it's simply light cardio.

    Hang in there OP!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 190x1
    OHP: 105x4
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 245x1

    *Lulzy Ham tees and workout gear - cafepress.com/hamtoons
    *Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron

    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126233183
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User lotusdeva's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    Posts: 651
    Rep Power: 739
    lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lotusdeva's BodySpace
    lotusdeva is offline
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Oh that sucks, what kind of surgery was it? I haven't had surgery recently but have been out for a month or more at a time due to injury. I hated it but was at least able to do light legs/cardio with an upper body injury. I suggest eating at least at maint, if not a little more, and keep your protein high, take some BCAAs too if you can. When I went back I didn't actually lose much strength at all, 4-6 weeks out won't ruin your gains. The first couple workouts will be hard but I was pretty much back to normal after a couple weeks.

    All that down time is very hard mentally I know. All you can really do is eat well, rest, and do everything correctly to make sure you heal well so you can get back to the gym in good health. If it's been 3 weeks already I'd think you're pretty close to be cleared to do some type of exercise, even if it's simply light cardio.

    Hang in there OP!

    Thank you, I didn't think about BCAA's. I had cosmetic surgery and I really regret it Can't wait to go back to the gym! Thanx.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User andrerox80's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Age: 34
    Stats: 5'0"
    Posts: 4,548
    Rep Power: 3062
    andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit andrerox80's BodySpace
    andrerox80 is offline
    do you regret it in general or only b/c it's forced a workout hiatus for you? i totally agree abt at least eating at maintenance, if not a little above, and keeping protein high and having bcaa's. are you allowed to do anything? maybe w/ bands, if not weights? can you take walks outside? fresh air and ust moving help mentally, and when i had surgery, he actually wanted me walking straightaway. definitely wait till you're cleared to do anything, and be very clear on what you are and aren't cleared for, but see if you're allowed to do anything. in the last year, while bulking, i was totally out of commission twice. first was my 3 colon surgeries. 3 months in hospital bed. so literally nothing. second time was my 6 fractured vertebrae, 2 at a time, 3 separate occasions. it was my stupidity. well, the first two i didn't know abt (obv felt lots of pain but never got checked out, didn't hear the snap, and didn't skip a beat w/ my workouts. just modified my legs workout) and then when i had the 2nd two, i went back to lifting too soon and fractured the 3rd two. lesson learned and i took a while off and then just did cardio (be careful not to overdo it, though, esp while bulking. was sort of hard for me to hold back b/c i was just so happy to be doing anything) and then corrective exercises and light weights. the only things i haven't gotten back are pull ups and chin ups. i don't know why. am back w/ lat pulldowns and inverted rows, for ex. and there are things i just will not do right now out of fear, which is probably a smart thing. it does suck and is humbling and there were definitely times when i thought muscle memory was a lie. but you'll get back there. hell, your break isn't even that long so you'll be back in no time. but just ease into things slowly. i don't know abt you, but i am a voracious reader of all things fitness and nutrition. so use your time to learn more. or to plan the next steps of your bulk. or start a journal here or a blog. you can keep engaged and into all this fitness w/o being able to work out.
    i second what wp said.

    mausi79 and i were separated at birth.

    i don't believe in iifym (for physique purposes, yes, but for health and wellness, no), but i do believe you should seriously love every single thing you eat.

    lifetime reps to el, wp, kim, amanda and rowyn

    "if you want it badly enough, you will make time. it's that simple."
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Attaifivy's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 26
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    Attaifivy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Attaifivy is offline

    Where to find usefull information about the dreambox receiver

    way2bookmarks com/story php?title=Free-of-charge-DISH-Network-HDTV-Receiver-Lead]dm800se hd pvr
    zimbio com/General/articles/rK4VWX9Mcxm/Dish+Group+Satellite+Tv+Computer+system+Receiver?a dd=True]dm800se manual
    sodmg com/member/brandenwilso24/blog/34774/100-%25-free-DISH-Community-HDTV-Receiver-Tutorial]dreambox dm800se
    events elmjierdemekimetra podomatic com/entry/2012-04-06T04_16_38-07_00]sunray sr4
    maryellenforohio com/2012/04/06/aspiration-multimedias-dreambox-receiver-2/]dreambox dm800se
    dominbenito com/2012/04/06/dm800se-sim210-300mbit-wlan/]dreambox dm 800 server
    diigo com/user/vaughnpeters15?domain=dm800sekaufen53 qapacity com]gemini image for dm800se clone
    video-bookmark com/bookmark/939362/a-outstanding-dreambox-800/]dm800 hd pvr price
    last fm/user/marshallleon38/journal/2012/04/06/5eqre0_installation_strategies_for_immediate_tv_hd tv_receivers?success=1]dreambox dm 800 se hd pvr dvb s2 tuner
    video-bookmark com/bookmark/939344/dm800se-sim210-300mbit-wlan/]dm800 twin tuner
    raptr com/jeffersoncot922/wall]search the web
    [url=http://columbusound.com/2012/04/06/immediate-tv-satellite-receiver-terrific-top-quality-reception/]dm800 settings tool[/url]
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User lotusdeva's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    Posts: 651
    Rep Power: 739
    lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lotusdeva's BodySpace
    lotusdeva is offline
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    do you regret it in general or only b/c it's forced a workout hiatus for you? i totally agree abt at least eating at maintenance, if not a little above, and keeping protein high and having bcaa's. are you allowed to do anything? maybe w/ bands, if not weights? can you take walks outside? fresh air and ust moving help mentally, and when i had surgery, he actually wanted me walking straightaway. definitely wait till you're cleared to do anything, and be very clear on what you are and aren't cleared for, but see if you're allowed to do anything. in the last year, while bulking, i was totally out of commission twice. first was my 3 colon surgeries. 3 months in hospital bed. so literally nothing. second time was my 6 fractured vertebrae, 2 at a time, 3 separate occasions. it was my stupidity. well, the first two i didn't know abt (obv felt lots of pain but never got checked out, didn't hear the snap, and didn't skip a beat w/ my workouts. just modified my legs workout) and then when i had the 2nd two, i went back to lifting too soon and fractured the 3rd two. lesson learned and i took a while off and then just did cardio (be careful not to overdo it, though, esp while bulking. was sort of hard for me to hold back b/c i was just so happy to be doing anything) and then corrective exercises and light weights. the only things i haven't gotten back are pull ups and chin ups. i don't know why. am back w/ lat pulldowns and inverted rows, for ex. and there are things i just will not do right now out of fear, which is probably a smart thing. it does suck and is humbling and there were definitely times when i thought muscle memory was a lie. but you'll get back there. hell, your break isn't even that long so you'll be back in no time. but just ease into things slowly. i don't know abt you, but i am a voracious reader of all things fitness and nutrition. so use your time to learn more. or to plan the next steps of your bulk. or start a journal here or a blog. you can keep engaged and into all this fitness w/o being able to work out.
    It is both. I did not think this through and also was not ready for the mental aspect of it. I thought it would be minor, not the case. The doctors, of course, will tell you that you will be out running a marathon in no time, yeah, right I tried cardio – walking outside for 40 minutes 2 weeks ago and really regretted it. Maybe it is a loss in production of endorphins, but I feel like I am in some depression hole. Can’t sleep at all, lots of anxiety, etc. Def going for BCAA’s and above maint. Honestly, I just wasn’t ready for this.
    You went through a lot, 3 months in hospital bed??? I am sorry, that would drive me insane, you must be a strong person. I am a very anxious person and I found that besides meds (which I hate and would only take in case of a serious emergency), being active (gym, running, etc) is what keeps me relatively normal.
    Journal is a good idea. I started reading Rippetoe’s Starting Strength and find it very educational. Can’t wait to apply it to practice. I make myself count macros, but kind of let Bodymedia go, tired of it. Just have to pull it together. Thank you!
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User andrerox80's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Age: 34
    Stats: 5'0"
    Posts: 4,548
    Rep Power: 3062
    andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit andrerox80's BodySpace
    andrerox80 is offline
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    It is both. I did not think this through and also was not ready for the mental aspect of it. I thought it would be minor, not the case. The doctors, of course, will tell you that you will be out running a marathon in no time, yeah, right I tried cardio – walking outside for 40 minutes 2 weeks ago and really regretted it. Maybe it is a loss in production of endorphins, but I feel like I am in some depression hole. Can’t sleep at all, lots of anxiety, etc. Def going for BCAA’s and above maint. Honestly, I just wasn’t ready for this.
    You went through a lot, 3 months in hospital bed??? I am sorry, that would drive me insane, you must be a strong person. I am a very anxious person and I found that besides meds (which I hate and would only take in case of a serious emergency), being active (gym, running, etc) is what keeps me relatively normal.
    Journal is a good idea. I started reading Rippetoe’s Starting Strength and find it very educational. Can’t wait to apply it to practice. I make myself count macros, but kind of let Bodymedia go, tired of it. Just have to pull it together. Thank you!
    did you have implants? b/c there are heaps of threads abt getting them, recovering, etc. try searching. and i am not strong. i wanted to die. literally begged to die on the table. pretty pathetic and the opposite of strong. i'm very anxious too and take the meds you try to avoid. i can't function w/o them. when is your next doc appt? know you're not where you wanna be, but is your healing on track for where you should be?
    i second what wp said.

    mausi79 and i were separated at birth.

    i don't believe in iifym (for physique purposes, yes, but for health and wellness, no), but i do believe you should seriously love every single thing you eat.

    lifetime reps to el, wp, kim, amanda and rowyn

    "if you want it badly enough, you will make time. it's that simple."
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User Laurataylor573's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 30
    Stats: 5'8", 156 lbs
    Posts: 84
    Rep Power: 0
    Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Laurataylor573 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Laurataylor573's BodySpace
    Laurataylor573 is offline
    I feel your pain, I was really ill over christmas and had 6 weeks out was in hospital for 3. I found that I felt close to tears the entire time. I have just managed to build up my stength up again and got pretty much back to where I was before xmas and now I have torn my cruciate ligament on Friday. It isnt as bad coz at least I was train my upper but I can't train my legs at all or do any cardio. I think it must be the lack of endophines but I have felt angry and upset all day today. My PT has just cancelled tomorrows arms and back session with me coz he isn't well and it has really upset me. He never cancels and must be really ill but all I could think was that I need to train. How selfish is that. I would say if you can, do something everytime you would normally train, whether its just going to the gym and walking on treadmill or chatting and catching up with your gym friends. I found this helped coz I at least kept up the socail side of training and kept my routine up. Other people generally don't understand how hard it is to stop training, I got a lot of people telling me to just enjoy the break, these people see training as something that is a chore not a hobby. Overall try not to worry too much, you'll get your fittness and strength back quickly and if your like me youll enjoy doing it. My cardio fittnes was not effected at all, my strength took longer but this was because of the medication I was on. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Winners can try and fail, a failure will fail to try.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User lotusdeva's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    Posts: 651
    Rep Power: 739
    lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lotusdeva's BodySpace
    lotusdeva is offline
    @andrerox80 Nop It was supposed to be an easy procedure to remove extra tissue, turned into crap I will try gym in a week and going to try every week. Just feels that I will do more damage now then good.

    But you made it through and it is all that matters. We are our own worst critics and never give ourselves enough credit. So many people without any health issues never make it to the gym, leading unhealthy life styles..

    Ppl have different brain chemestry, for some meds work and that is great (it is hard to find the right ones though, at least for me - 2 years of trying didn't get me anywhere good), for some alternatives are better. I am learning on how to function without have them though, in my purse at all times, just in case

    Saw the doc yesterday - should slow down, take time, it will heal, blah, blah, blah. He said that yes, sometimes it takes that long and can take longer. I feel stupid because really my issue is not big, just wasn't ready to be out of the gym for 4-6 weeks. I might as well have gotten boobs, probably takes the same to recover

    @Laurataylor573
    Yes, I agree, it is brain chemestry. I am angry and anxious and can't sleep, like something is missing. Never realized how important exercise is. Thank you!
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User andrerox80's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Age: 34
    Stats: 5'0"
    Posts: 4,548
    Rep Power: 3062
    andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) andrerox80 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit andrerox80's BodySpace
    andrerox80 is offline
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    Just feels that I will do more damage now then good.
    then don't do it. seriously.
    i second what wp said.

    mausi79 and i were separated at birth.

    i don't believe in iifym (for physique purposes, yes, but for health and wellness, no), but i do believe you should seriously love every single thing you eat.

    lifetime reps to el, wp, kim, amanda and rowyn

    "if you want it badly enough, you will make time. it's that simple."
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User lotusdeva's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    Posts: 651
    Rep Power: 739
    lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lotusdeva's BodySpace
    lotusdeva is offline
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    then don't do it. seriously.
    Oh, I am not I was referring to that time when I went for a walk. Doc said ok to try in a week, so will try then.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Gettin' back up again Rowyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 46
    Stats: 5'3", 142 lbs
    Posts: 4,707
    Rep Power: 10964
    Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Rowyn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Rowyn's BodySpace
    Rowyn is offline
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    Yes, I agree, it is brain chemestry. I am angry and anxious and can't sleep, like something is missing. Never realized how important exercise is. Thank you!
    Oh, its actually thought that people self-medicate depression and anxiety with exercise, just as some people do with drugs. Fortunate for those who figure out that exercise works, huh?

    I was out for almost 4 months, still not back into it full swing and probably won't be for a few months more. You just have to roll with it, life is hopefully long and you will encounter many challenges like this in that time. The gym will still be there. Making yourself feel better just by moving when you can will help, get some sun, spend time outside.

    Dieting is not a good idea for muscle preservation though, I myself was sorely tempted to knock off a few pounds after sitting on the couch for 16 weeks while my butt grew, but I have not. I am just trying to maintain while I work my way back, it takes patience, but knowing its the right thing to do in the long run helps.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

    I eat for living, not just lifting.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    1 moar rep... kimm4's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Age: 45
    Stats: 5'4", 120 lbs
    Posts: 23,355
    Rep Power: 124126
    kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kimm4 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit kimm4's BodySpace
    kimm4 is offline
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    I was wondering how do you ladies cope with this - for those of you that had to have surgery and as a result were out for a while? I am going crazy My doc said that I will be out for couple of weeks. I was kind of thinking 2 at the most. Now its at least 4 and maybe more. I was bulking (month 5) when I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago. I was doing so good in the gym. I was not ready for this at all. All of the sudden I can't do anything How do you guys cope? Currently I am eating slightly under maint. I am afraid to lose everything I worked for so hard. This sucks
    I didn't read every response, so sorry if this is a repeat. I would never advise eating under maintenance after a surgery. The extra calories will give more vitamins, minerals and nutrients which are crucial for your recovery. It also helps with keeping up your strength and tends to make it easier when you get the green light back to the gym.

    You'll be fine.
    www.iron-kim.com
    Online Nutritional Coach/Trainer


    Over 40 bb of the week - http://www.bodybuilders.com/kimberly-lachance.html

    Muscle Dog - http://www.muscledog.com/forum/TRANSFORMATION_STORIES_WOMEN/1050/TRANSFORMATION_STORY_KIMBERLY_LACHANCE.html#

    Over35 Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159462681

    Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out. - James B. Conant

    ***Black Knight Master Race Crew***
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User lotusdeva's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    Posts: 651
    Rep Power: 739
    lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lotusdeva's BodySpace
    lotusdeva is offline
    Thank you ladies (kimm4 and rowyn)! I realized that I lost about 4 pounds while eating 1800 calories (slighly below maint). Went to 2000 really fast after that. I am def learning from this experience
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User liuzhoudragon's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Age: 25
    Stats: 5'11"
    Posts: 11,544
    Rep Power: 9814
    liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) liuzhoudragon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit liuzhoudragon's BodySpace
    liuzhoudragon is offline
    Lotus

    from the ways things sound I offer the following quote "the world and other people give you enough crap, don't take any from yourself"

    So tissue was removed in a comestic surgery....being unawre of the surgery it is hard to say what you can and can't do.

    I have a history of trama injuries ( hit my 3 cars - 1 caused wrist damage, 1 caused knee damage 1 causes ankle damage) (2 elbow tendonitus surgerys) and currently got a tendon issue in my knee from a weight falling on it...also patella damage. That said 2 of these have come within the past year where I am lifting and being heathly........I don't want to say not to listen to your doctor (like I don't) ....but you should probably be able to do some form of exercise.

    Running and full body exercise and many compound exercises are the first thing to rule out. If you got surgery on you uppper body....do standing calf raises on the stairs. If you knee is in a cast ...lay on the bed and strech a work out band.

    If you say exactly where the surgery was I might have more specific ideas.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User lotusdeva's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    Posts: 651
    Rep Power: 739
    lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lotusdeva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lotusdeva's BodySpace
    lotusdeva is offline
    Originally Posted by liuzhoudragon View Post
    Lotus

    from the ways things sound I offer the following quote "the world and other people give you enough crap, don't take any from yourself"

    So tissue was removed in a comestic surgery....being unawre of the surgery it is hard to say what you can and can't do.

    I have a history of trama injuries ( hit my 3 cars - 1 caused wrist damage, 1 caused knee damage 1 causes ankle damage) (2 elbow tendonitus surgerys) and currently got a tendon issue in my knee from a weight falling on it...also patella damage. That said 2 of these have come within the past year where I am lifting and being heathly........I don't want to say not to listen to your doctor (like I don't) ....but you should probably be able to do some form of exercise.

    Running and full body exercise and many compound exercises are the first thing to rule out. If you got surgery on you uppper body....do standing calf raises on the stairs. If you knee is in a cast ...lay on the bed and strech a work out band.

    If you say exactly where the surgery was I might have more specific ideas.
    Thank you! I feel better and went back to the gym this week. No cardio, light weights, slowly building up to where I left off. Back to the bulk slowly. Probably it will take another 4 weeks to get to where I left off since I have been out for 4 weeks. It's ok, I am back and it all that matters
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Fibro Fighter elin70s's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'7", 167 lbs
    Posts: 36
    Rep Power: 0
    elin70s will become famous soon enough. (+50) elin70s will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit elin70s's BodySpace
    elin70s is offline
    I'm dreading my gallbladder removal surgery next month, I've been working so hard and it does feel like I'm going to have to step back for a while. It'll be worth it though, once I'm all healed then I can really start to do some serious work on myself, at the moment it's babysteps and frustrating to not be able to really go for it. I hopefully will be able to get back to light cardio after 3-4 weeks and then by six, be back to normal workouts.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. "Weightlifter's Shoulder" - Distal Clavicle Osteolysis - Resection Surgery
    By grebnehtor in forum Injury Recovery And Prevention
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 11:59 PM
  2. Have you ever felt alone like as if no one cared?
    By stoneagerebel in forum Teen Misc.
    Replies: 724
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 02:33 PM
  3. Ryan's Shoulder Surgery and Recovery Journal
    By RyanGrob in forum Injury Recovery And Prevention
    Replies: 609
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 01:21 PM
  4. Need advice from my friends on here..
    By plmb1 in forum Over Age 35
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 07:40 AM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout