D4WNO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Noob trying to create a healtheir lifestyle

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dawn and have just turned 29 and had a bit of an "oooh moment" recently which I'll explain. My story basically is that I used to be super fit about 6-7 years ago and by fit, I'm referring to cardio-wise fit, not body-wise if this makes sense? I could run 10 miles without breaking a sweat but now I did nothing (literally nothing) for years and now I really rate myself as a 1 on the fitness level, no matter how you determine it.

I've recently discovered this website and wow, I've learnt that everything I thought I knew about healthy living and diet is wrong! If I wanted to lose a bit, I'd eat less and exercise more, which when I think about it now, makes no sense at all! It just wasn't sustainable either. I don't want to get bulky muscley, just toned but more importantly, I want to be healthy. The "ooooh" moment I mentioned above is that my mum was just diagnosed with Diabetes so I've been researching nutrition for her, then stumbled across this site for myself.

I've been reading and reading and reading (etc etc) this forum solidly for about a week trying to find a plan that will suit me. I'm going to try and follow Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit plan starting from Monday. I'm dedicated and really want to sort out my fitness and eat more as I know this has always been a bugbear of mine. I literally have a gym induction in an hour, I'm going to ask them to show me how to lift properly (only ever used assisted machines before) and get myself settled in before going all-out next week when I have nothing planned and can try to set off on the right foot.

I'm ready to learn so no doubt I'll be back very soon and asking a huge amount of questions

smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smerino84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dawn and have just turned 29 and had a bit of an "oooh moment" recently which I'll explain. My story basically is that I used to be super fit about 6-7 years ago and by fit, I'm referring to cardio-wise fit, not body-wise if this makes sense? I could run 10 miles without breaking a sweat but now I did nothing (literally nothing) for years and now I really rate myself as a 1 on the fitness level, no matter how you determine it.

I've recently discovered this website and wow, I've learnt that everything I thought I knew about healthy living and diet is wrong! If I wanted to lose a bit, I'd eat less and exercise more, which when I think about it now, makes no sense at all! It just wasn't sustainable either. I don't want to get bulky muscley, just toned but more importantly, I want to be healthy. The "ooooh" moment I mentioned above is that my mum was just diagnosed with Diabetes so I've been researching nutrition for her, then stumbled across this site for myself.

I've been reading and reading and reading (etc etc) this forum solidly for about a week trying to find a plan that will suit me. I'm going to try and follow Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit plan starting from Monday. I'm dedicated and really want to sort out my fitness and eat more as I know this has always been a bugbear of mine. I literally have a gym induction in an hour, I'm going to ask them to show me how to lift properly (only ever used assisted machines before) and get myself settled in before going all-out next week when I have nothing planned and can try to set off on the right foot.

I'm ready to learn so no doubt I'll be back very soon and asking a huge amount of questions

Good for you, I hope you stick with the program..I'm almost done with it. I started working out so I can avoid all the family flaws lol..diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure etc.. My mom recently had a scare with her high blood pressure, almost had a stroke and they tested her for diabetes (borderline). Shes okay now thank god and shes on a healthy diet so its great me and her have something to share and talk about often. Before this she made fun of my new lifestyle, she now understands what I want to avoid as I get older. Any who..stay focused and don't forget to take your progress photos because when you see those changes..it motivates you to keep going