Page 195 of 201 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 6016
    CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JamesMUSCLE View Post
    Got a call this morning with a conditional offer of employment.
    Good ****, perseverance pays off!

RP R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution JamesMUSCLE's Avatar
    JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CanardMedic View Post
    Good ****, perseverance pays off!
    Yeah I'm so ****ing pumped. Flying back next week to take my medical exam, then we should be golden (I passed an NFPA medical in February for a different department with no issues, so I'm not worried). Academy starts end of July. Sounds like its going to be a recruit class of 28 being that no one drops after medicals.
    Your life will never be a straight path.”
    “To not only take risks, but to be open to life. To accept new views and to be open to new opinions. While it may be frightening, it will also be rewarding. Because the chances you take… the people you meet… the people you love…the faith that you have—that’s what’s going to define your life.”
    “And when you fall throughout life, fall forward.”
    -Denzel Washington

JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesMUSCLE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone test with a department that wanted you to sign a contract saying you'll be with x department for x about of time and if you leave during that time, you have to reimburse them the cost of training?

The dept I got an offer with had that contract and when I saw the $15k reimbursement cost, I couldn't sign it on the spot and told them I needed till the end of the week to decide.
    “To not only take risks, but to be open to life. To accept new views and to be open to new opinions. While it may be frightening, it will also be rewarding. Because the chances you take… the people you meet… the people you love…the faith that you have—that’s what’s going to define your life.”
    -Denzel Washington

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone test with a department that wanted you to sign a contract saying you'll be with x department for x about of time and if you leave during that time, you have to reimburse them the cost of training?

The dept I got an offer with had that contract and when I saw the $15k reimbursement cost, I couldn't sign it on the spot and told them I needed till the end of the week to decide.
    How long are they making you commit for?
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The cost of training?? no , just the cost of gear.

Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    How long are they making you commit for?
    They wanted me to sign saying I'd stay for at least 3 years. If I left within that time frame, I'd have to reimburse for the cost of training, which they put at $15,000.
    -Denzel Washington

They wanted me to sign saying I'd stay for at least 3 years. If I left within that time frame, I'd have to reimburse for the cost of training, which they put at $15,000.
    fuuhh...this is the first time I'm hearing this. Commit?

fuuhh...this is the first time I'm hearing this. Commit?
    Yes. I wish it would have been in the job app, so I could have know to not apply. There was a dept in Maryland I was tempted to apply to but they had a similar contract, but they posted it in the job posting.

I elected to pass on the offer. I wasnt 100% on the area and didn't want to feel trapped for 3 years.
    -Denzel Washington

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    $5k a year isn't bad, depending on the area, salary, and benefits offered.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    $5k a year isn't bad, depending on the area, salary, and benefits offered.
    I think if it's whenever he leaves during that time frame, so if he leaves within the first 6 months, he's still reimbursing 15k.

I think if it's whenever he leaves during that time frame, so if he leaves within the first 6 months, he's still reimbursing 15k.
    This.

Also when I initially accepted the offer, I didn't know that Clark County, Albuquerque, and a few other more desirable locations were going to be testing. So by taking the offer, I miss out on those opportunities. Also LA County is testing. And they may not test for 4-5 years again (last test was 2015).
    -Denzel Washington

FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes. I wish it would have been in the job app, so I could have know to not apply. There was a dept in Maryland I was tempted to apply to but they had a similar contract, but they posted it in the job posting.

I elected to pass on the offer. I wasnt 100% on the area and didn't want to feel trapped for 3 years.

I would've done the same thing.
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. . . . Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place." -Tecumseh

Originally Posted by FOSteven View Post
    I would've done the same thing.
    it does kinda suck finally getting an offer then having to decline.

Oh well. Back to testing everywhere I can.
    -Denzel Washington

Finally got a good enough NTN score to move on in the process with South Metro.
    -Denzel Washington

Bustin Mine To Save Yours TheChadster08's Avatar
    TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bumping because I haven't been on here in a LONG ****ING time lol.
    Leo/Military Supporter. Bustin my ass to save yours!!!!!!

Personal Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154254571

Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    have any of you FF guys done Tech Rescue classes? If so, Did you do the Pro board certs? Im looking at the Rope and confined space. I have the classes, but finding the books to study is a PITA, 176 dollars used from the UK on barnes and noble, and nothing on amazon etc.
    Stats 6'6" 245lbs
    Bodypoints 700
    RIP YourGunShowTix

Received an offer from a large DC metro area department. Still trying to decide if it's the best move or not.
    -Denzel Washington

Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000)
    First of 2020.

Where’s everyone at?

Got promoted to LT in November, temp assignment to an engine. Now officially back on the truck.
    R.I.P. Hela
    "If you never talk to strangers, You'll never make any friends at all."
    Mike---R.I.P. Buddy

***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The truly great do not put their pants on one leg at a time

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instructor class234

Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    First of 2020.

Where’s everyone at?

Got promoted to LT in November, temp assignment to an engine. Now officially back on the truck.
    congrats!

still here, looking to get pro board certs for technical rescue to eventually get on a team.
    Stats 6'6" 245lbs
    Bodypoints 700
    RIP YourGunShowTix

Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Yeti06 View Post
    congrats!

still here, looking to get pro board certs for technical rescue to eventually get on a team.

Nice! Good luck man!

I wanted to do technical rescue stuff when I first started. I’ve sort of lost the interest over the years. It was always a struggle to find the classes.
    R.I.P. Hela
    "If you never talk to strangers, You'll never make any friends at all."
    Mike---R.I.P. Buddy

***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The truly great do not put their pants on one leg at a time

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instructor class234

Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Nice! Good luck man!

I wanted to do technical rescue stuff when I first started. I’ve sort of lost the interest over the years. It was always a struggle to find the classes.
    Thanks! It's the opposite here. The state kind of runs all the classes, so they pretty regular.

The problem is it's all going regional teams, which puts more applicants for less spots. And it can be political.
    Stats 6'6" 245lbs
    Bodypoints 700
    RIP YourGunShowTix

Just had what I thought was a solid oral board for a dept in Colorado. Hr gave me some feedback after the interview and said I didn't score high enough to move on because of my lack of ems experience.
    -Denzel Washington

Just had what I thought was a solid oral board for a dept in Colorado. Hr gave me some feedback after the interview and said I didn't score high enough to move on because of my lack of ems experience.
    Sounds like they just wanted to give you an excuse for not hiring you.

Sounds like they just wanted to give you an excuse for not hiring you.
    They asked about ems experience in the interview then then the HR rep asked me about if I had tried to get ambulance experience back home.

I'm not about to quit my current job I've been at for 5 years for some minimum wage IFT ambulance job lol.
    -Denzel Washington

Arizona to East Texas kingHanley's Avatar
    kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just finished my paramedic cert in December. Currently testing for Peoria Fire Dept here in AZ. Only 300 testing for 12 spots. Did my vehiculars with that dept. they helped me with a lot of oral board prep. I’m excited for the process
    *Firefighter-Paramedic Crew*
    *HTC Crew*
    *White Zero Ultra Monster Crew*
    *2A Crew*
    *Conservative Crew*

Originally Posted by kingHanley View Post
    Just finished my paramedic cert in December. Currently testing for Peoria Fire Dept here in AZ. Only 300 testing for 12 spots. Did my vehiculars with that dept. they helped me with a lot of oral board prep. I’m excited for the process
    You gonna test with Mesa and Gilbert? App period opens on the 13th.
    -Denzel Washington

tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it true that an ambalamps ride is 5k?

-asking for a tunafish(ha)
    *Catholic Crew*
    *Community College Master Race*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Has anyone here used emtfiretraining.com courses to recertify their EMT license? It's $280 for the 40 hour course. My NREMT cert will expire next year so I need to get on these CEUs
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ItsJamesthefin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    Has anyone here used emtfiretraining.com courses to recertify their EMT license? It's $280 for the 40 hour course. My NREMT cert will expire next year so I need to get on these CEUs
    My department gives us con-ed to maintain our state cert , but not our national. Mine is most likely gonna expire and idk if I wanna renew it. Where do you work and does your department require you to maintain your NREMT?

Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    Is it true that an ambalamps ride is 5k?

-asking for a tunafish(ha)
    1500 dollars, and that's just the ride.
    If there's 0xygen given, IV, medication...it's going to cost more.