animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Black Widow Rackable trap bar

I posted this in the Equipment Crew thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread.

I ordered the bar unpainted, so I can paint it to match my swiss and cambered squat bars. He sent me plugs for the ends of the bar (after I paint it). I'm going to try to find some for my cambered squat bar and swiss bar. I need to paint those, too.

I just got the bar, haven't had time to lift with it yet. First impressions are that it will be fantastic- the handle size is nice, welds look awesome, and the bar looks like it will be strong enough for anything I can throw at it. I'll do a review of it after I use it for a while.

Here's a link to his ******** page:
    https://www.********.com/pages/Black...03417183011872

The bar costs $175 painted, I got it a little cheaper since I ordered it bare. Shipping ran another $44, giving me a rackable trap bar for $194 shipped.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How big is that this and what does it weigh? Looks pretty killer, might have to get one!
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just ordered a bare football bar and bare pair of farmer's walk handles from him today. Looks like quality stuff at great prices. I'm looking forward to testing them out.
    Grant Heston - NASM-CPT
    www.granthestonfitness.com/blog
    www.********.com/granthestonfitness
    www.twitter.com/grantheston

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice Animal. I really like my Sorinex bar, but for $240 or so less....you betcha I'd have gotten one of these instead. Nice find for you and for the guys that might have been interested in a rackable trap bar. These are nice.

Oh, couldn't you contact Black Widow and see if they can sell you some endcaps for your other bars?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a7, it's 7' long, UPS label said it's 37 lbs.

Keet- I'm going to ask him. I bet you can only order these in bulk and I only need 6. Or 8, if I put some in my home made fat bar.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the look of his stuff. Next week I'm thinking of driving over to get a sled, dual grip farmer handles and maybe more.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats a beautiful trap bar. I keep seeing that bar in peoples gym pics but didn't know who made it. it might be out of the scope of this thread, but how do you incorporate the bar into your programme? I have always trained 1 day squat, 1 day deads, 1 day trap bar deads. Due to frequent tendonitis problems I am changing my routine up, so if I do the above format I will feel like I am training each movement too infrequently. Just curious to see what others do with it. I was thinking about adding it to deadlift day.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    gorgeous. jelly, even though i have a nice regular trap bar
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sweet bar. Looks like some great welding there. Unreal that they sell so low...prob $75 in steel and a few hours in fabrication there. Not much if any profit margin. I see those prices going up in the future once the word gets out about this guy.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Thats a beautiful trap bar. I keep seeing that bar in peoples gym pics but didn't know who made it. it might be out of the scope of this thread, but how do you incorporate the bar into your programme? I have always trained 1 day squat, 1 day deads, 1 day trap bar deads. Due to frequent tendonitis problems I am changing my routine up, so if I do the above format I will feel like I am training each movement too infrequently. Just curious to see what others do with it. I was thinking about adding it to deadlift day.
    i wouldn't run a program like that. i'd either replace squat or deadlift with the trap bar dead, or use it as an assistance movement. i also like to do trap bar shrugs. this bar (or any rackable one) can be used for overhead presses (if you can get used to having your head inside the bar at the bottom). i tried a few last night for the hell of it and liked them, they felt nice because you don't have to move your head out of the way to press. i bet you could use it for benching, too, if you wanted.

Originally Posted by keeko View Post
    gorgeous. jelly, even though i have a nice regular trap bar
    i have one too, but it's loaned out. i may donate it, not much sense in keeping two around.

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Sweet bar. Looks like some great welding there. Unreal that they sell so low...prob $75 in steel and a few hours in fabrication there. Not much if any profit margin. I see those prices going up in the future once the word gets out about this guy.
    thanks skid. i wanted to buy a sorinex bar but couldn't wrap my head around the price. this one was cheap enough for me to say f**k it and get one. if i didn't already have a trap bar i might have just bought a sorinex, but i don't feel that i have less of a bar here.

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    I like the look of his stuff. Next week I'm thinking of driving over to get a sled, dual grip farmer handles and maybe more.
    i want some farmer handles too, but i have a rickshaw that will work for now.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    that's a really nice bar Animal. Why did you choose that style over the offset handles? Or the multigrip trap bar he made?

or are those not rackable?
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    that's a really nice bar Animal. Why did you choose that style over the offset handles? Or the multigrip trap bar he made?

Here are my thoughts on this...

Raised handles mean that you have a more limited range of motion when doing trap bar deadlifts. A multi-grip bar is okay though because you can flip it over to use the low handles.

A rackable trap bar is nice because you can use it for overhead presses. It's really hard to get a normal trap bar up to the right height so that you can do OHPs. The fact that it's rackable means that you can also do heavy shrugs more easily if you can't be bothered to deadlift the weight first. Oh, and the fact that it's rackable means that you can do rack pulls (partial deads) too.

So, all that said... I think that Animal got just the right bar.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    this bar (or any rackable one) can be used for overhead presses (if you can get used to having your head inside the bar at the bottom). i tried a few last night for the hell of it and liked them, they felt nice because you don't have to move your head out of the way to press. i bet you could use it for benching, too, if you wanted.
    I absolutely *love* overhead presses with a trap bar. since mine weighs about 80 lbs, I can use it on my half rack even though it's not really made to be rackable (I don't use more than a plate or 2 at most to each side so it still fits ok). I've actually tried benching with mine and have felt that the handles are just too far apart to be comfortable. maybe it's just me, but i'm tall and lanky with long a** arms, so i suspect this is a general thing...
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very cool bar. What is the grip diameter?

My trap bar has a 1" grip diameter and it really tears up my hands. I think about 1.5" would be optimal.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ 1.25 is usualy a more comfortable grip for most. 1.5 will probably make it more of a grip workout for most like a 2".
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post

Raised handles mean that you have a more limited range of motion when doing trap bar deadlifts. A multi-grip bar is okay though because you can flip it over to use the low handles.

A rackable trap bar is nice because you can use it for overhead presses. It's really hard to get a normal trap bar up to the right height so that you can do OHPs. The fact that it's rackable means that you can also do heavy shrugs more easily if you can't be bothered to deadlift the weight first. Oh, and the fact that it's rackable means that you can do rack pulls (partial deads) too.

that's why I asked, BW doesn't specify if the other trap bars are rackable or not.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrantHeston is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How are you going to finish yours? I know Dean said some people have painted them and some have put a clear coat on them. What do you think would be best for long term bar maintenance? I like the idea of the clear coat.
    Grant Heston - NASM-CPT

Damn, I didn't really mean to let this thread go- I read it on my phone before I went to sleep one day. Guess I thought I had already answered most of these

The other trap bars he has aren't rackable, though he could probably make a rackable one with different handles.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post

My other trap bar has raised and flush handles, and honestly, I found myself using the raised handles. I suspect that the reason is because it was easier.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Very cool bar. What is the grip diameter?

My trap bar has a 1" grip diameter and it really tears up my hands. I think about 1.5" would be optimal.
    It's kinda hard to measure, but they are pretty close to 1.5"

that's why I asked, BW doesn't specify if the other trap bars are rackable or not.
    I don't think they are, they don't look long enough.

Originally Posted by GrantHeston View Post
    How are you going to finish yours? I know Dean said some people have painted them and some have put a clear coat on them. What do you think would be best for long term bar maintenance? I like the idea of the clear coat.
    Clear coat would be pretty cool, but I think I'll use Rustoleum truck bed liner (comes in a spray can). Really, getting the bar from him already powder coated would probably be the best value as far as the finish holding up. I really wanted to see the welds, though, because I'm weird like that.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow sweet find dude, and sweeter price lol. Rackable trap bars seem to be becoming more and more common now, which is awesome. I know when I bought my first trap bar years ago I was looking for one and they were impossible to find retail, I jumped on the sorinex as soon as I knew about it and love it! I'd never go back to non-rackable, just not in the same league IMO.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    Clear coat would be pretty cool, but I think I'll use Rustoleum truck bed liner (comes in a spray can). Really, getting the bar from him already powder coated would probably be the best value as far as the finish holding up. I really wanted to see the welds, though, because I'm weird like that.
    I was just curious. I don't really care about it looking pretty, but I want to keep it from rusting and put something on it that would be good for grip since there is no knurling. I think I may just go with the truck bed liner like you mentioned.
    Grant Heston - NASM-CPT

miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just this same bar from Ebay. The person I spoke with who sells the bar is very helpful and as far as the bar's quality it is top notch. I put it through its paces this week on shoulder day with shrugs and overhead presses. My bar came in black powder coated and it's a really nice bar. No knurling which is a shame but you could easily use gloves or place some tape on the bar depending on your preference.