Un-Aesthetic Diabetic wereireland's Avatar
    wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Question Would lifting get my faster for soccer?

I am getting back into soccer after laying around all of winter doing nothing. I have only had a few short weeks of training. I am far away too slow and too unfit. I am gasping for air after a 13 meter sprint. I need advice on the following things..

-Doing SS at the moment. The obvious answer to the above question would be of course you will get faster if you are squating and deadlifting, but i feel like my legs are slower and tighter. I stretch them after lifting weights but I still seem slower week in week out.

-Is there some breathing technique i can do to get my breath back quicker? Do i breath in through my nose or mouth. I usually do my mouth because my nose seems stuffed and small near the bridge of the nose.

-How will i get fitter in the long run? At the moment most trainings consist of laps around the field at the start ( I can only do to 2 laps , of a light jog, because of my un-fitness. Others can do at least 5 or 6, the fitter people doing 10 if they wanted) and then some ball work for the rest. How do i get fitter for the the rest of the season? I read the tempo-runs were the est but i didn't really understand them at all.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0lver1ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Didn't read your op that much, just the title. All I can say is if you plan on putting on mass (especially when your out of shape) youre gonna be slow and draggy. I was in shape when I put on a solid 15 pounds last summer and boy it came with a few problems.

Shin splints are probably your worst fear. All that running and extra weight your body is not use too is going to totally affect your game. Ive had all rhese problems and was one of the best players in my hs.

Funmy thing is I thought I would be be that much better with that extra muscle, no. youll slow down alot.
    Mod negged 4x still green crew
    TD&H crew
    Mod messed up my sig crew
    Cant remember my old crews now crew
    Thanks redraider crew

wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Yeah but right now my squat is only 46kg and my deadlift is 76kg so i am in need of strength i guess. I really dont eat enough to put on a lot of weight so....

Read the rest if it if you have time as well. repped for advice

notbruno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lifting and dieting would get you in better shape for soccer, and if you focus more on leg excersices then your legs will be strong and you will run faster. To get your breath back I suggest swimming and running more often. Also breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. I also play soccer a lot, any more questions just let me know.

kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if we are talking just about sprinting speed take a look at olympic sprinters. Are they small with chicken legs? No. They obviously do some kind of leg exercises. Might wanna look up what they do...
    /Getting fat till Big 3 = 1000

Thanks for the advice, both repped.

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Train for explosiveness. Soccer is more of a speed and finesse game depending on your position especially. Train for that rather than straight strength.

You'll get faster if you go on a very clean bulk or eat at Maitnence.

Stick to your compounds not isolations.

Registered User LlamaWithARifle's Avatar
    LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000)
    For speed, train for explosiveness like the guy above said. Power cleans are brilliant for this. Also you should train your hip flexors, hanging leg raises will do this. Speed is not just created from your legs though, a strong core, strong shoulders and improving your running form will all help a lot with speed.

To help catch your breath better, all you can do is run. If you are interested in speed then the best way to gain stamina is sprint training and high intensity interval training (HIIT), google it and give it a go.

Originally Posted by LlamaWithARifle View Post
    For speed, train for explosiveness like the guy above said. Power cleans are brilliant for this. Also you should train your hip flexors, hanging leg raises will do this. Speed is not just created from your legs though, a strong core, strong shoulders and improving your running form will all help a lot with speed.

To help catch your breath better, all you can do is run. If you are interested in speed then the best way to gain stamina is sprint training and high intensity interval training (HIIT), google it and give it a go.
    Best advice so far, given you some measley reps.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends on how you lift, yes, it could make you faster for soccer.

ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZPapageorgis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea man it definitely does. I played Classic 1 soccer when i was in high school. Getting stronger and faster always helps. especially the leg workouts.

didn't read much of your post, but getting stronger, bigger, and faster while staying agile is always good.
    Bench- 220 >>>250
    Squat- 275>> 300
    deadlift- 275>>300