ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Combining my routine with Insanity, what do you think?

This is my current workout and all I am trying to do is gain as much muscle as possible, I know it is focused more on upper body but that is all I really care about, I just don't want to get to unbalanced that is why I do the lower body.

Monday

Flat Bench Press
    Incline Dumbbell Press
    Decline Barbell Bench Press
    Flat Bench Dumbbell Fly's
    Lat Pull-Downs
    Dumbbell Shrugs
    Seated Cable Rows

Wednesday

Exercise Sets Reps
    Tricep Extensions (Rope)
    Barbell Bicep Curls
    Lying Tricep Extensions
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Lateral Dumbbell Raises
    Upright Rows
    Tricep Dips Failure

Friday

Squats
    Standing Calf Raises
    Leg Extensions
    Weighted Crunch Failure
    Cable Crunches Failure
    Knee Raises Failure
    Reverse Curls

Everything is 3 sets then move to the next exercise. Everything is about 4-6 reps unless it says failure then obviously it is until I fail.

There is little to no cardio with this, I think that I should be running on off days but I'm to lazy because I hate running haha.

Anyway, once summer comes I'll have a lot more time, and I do have the insanity DVD's. For those of you who don't know the workouts are about an hour a day and mostly core/cardio (they do stuff like plyometric cardio circuts). The DVD's switch intensity after a month btw. and there is four primary dvd's that you cycle through each month.

Coming to my question : D how do you guys think this would turn out if I cycled my four dvd's using one each day on my REST days, while still lifting using the schedule above^.

So...
    Monday - Lift, Chest, Back, Traps
    Tuesday- Insanity
    Wednesday- Lift, Triceps, Biceps, Shoulders
    Thursday - Insanity
    Friday - Lift, Lower body, forearms, abs
    Saturday- Insanity (the slightly easier video, it is supposed to rest you)
    Sunday- Rest

I'm 18, plan on going to college next year and want to be in very good shape when I leave. I can eat as much or as little as you guys think I should. Also I weigh 180lb. and I am 6 ft. So a little body fat but not much.

Thanks you do much for anyone who takes the time to read my post and give me advice ^.^ i really appreciate it. Also this is my first real post so tell me if I need to change anything or forgot something : D

ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElevenHopes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any1? is today a slow day? or should i post in a different areaa

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How you gonna gain muscle while doing a weight loss program like Insanity? In order to gain muscle you need to eat in a surplus...
    OG

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    How you gonna gain muscle while doing a weight loss program like Insanity? In order to gain muscle you need to eat in a surplus...
    Ill be eating in a surplus everyday except for the rest days. I want to lose as much fat as possible while still gaining some muscle so all i will eat is lots and lots of protein everyday and nothing else. except my minimum carbs/ fats

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElevenHopes View Post
    Ill be eating in a surplus everyday except for the rest days. I want to lose as much fat as possible while still gaining some muscle so all i will eat is lots and lots of protein everyday and nothing else. except my minimum carbs/ fats
    Do you know how many calories you have to eat per day to gain weight?

I eat about 3000 calories a day with is a little over 1lb per week in weight gain and I digest between 217-244g of protein.

You need to eat to grow and doing insanity is counter productive to your goal
    OG