tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ironmaster 1.25lb plates

Hi, Has anyone tried using regular Cap standard 1.25lb cast iron plates on the Ironmaster dumbbell handles to get increments of 2.5lbs? I assume it fits and works fine but has anyone tried and can confirm.

The Ironmaster micro plates are not available here in Canada. Thanks.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tytw00 View Post
    Hi, Has anyone tried using regular Cap standard 1.25lb cast iron plates on the Ironmaster dumbbell handles to get increments of 2.5lbs? I assume it fits and works fine but has anyone tried and can confirm.

The Ironmaster micro plates are not available here in Canada. Thanks.
    Yes I did that for awhile and then eventually got the microplates. It works perfectly fine.

tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    Yes I did that for awhile and then eventually got the microplates. It works perfectly fine.
    Thanks. Ended up buying them on Amazon. For anyone interested, it was around $14CAD for 4 plates on Amazon.ca but pricing swings daily (Amazon lists the plates at over 2x the price now but it changes all the time in my experience).

The Cap hole in the center is around 1-3/8" where as the Ironmaster plates are around 1-1/32" so the Cap plates don't sit as centered on the Ironmaster pin but good enough. The pic attached shows the slight difference in center hole size. I guess the Ironmaster Micro Plates will provide a more polished feel.

Attached Images